- Yasir, the man who desecrated ancient temple was mentally challenged
- Abdul Haq Khan, Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister, informed the house that police had arrested the accused
- Amongst ruckus, legislator Mohammed Yusuf Tarigami intervened and requested the lawmakers to set examples uniting the state
Jammu and Kashmir constantly witness varied degrees of violence, mostly along communal lines. Hence, its is of greater inconvenience to deal with other individual forms of violence, which, even though may assume a magnitude of small scale, end up causing a lot of communal issues.
The man who allegedly desecrated an ancient temple in Jammu, was “mentally challenged”, the government said on Wednesday June 15 after pandemonium in the assembly over the incident.
Abdul Haq Khan, Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister, informed the house that police had arrested the accused, identified only by his first name Yasir of Doda district.
Follow NewsGram on facebook: NewsGram
The minister said Yasir was “a mentally challenged person as per the police officials who had questioned him” in connection with the desecration of a temple in Roop Nagar area of Jammu city on Tuesday, June 14.
As legislators assembled in the house, BJP members stood on their seats raking up the incident that they said had created a “serious” situation in Jammu.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgram1
Lone Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) legislator Mohammed Yusuf Tarigami intervened and requested the lawmakers to set examples uniting the state instead of creating any situation that would divide it along communal lines.
Tarigami was supported by National Conference leader and former chief minister Omar Abdullah who said the same statement should ideally have come from the treasury benches and not from the opposition.
-prepared by Saurabh Bodas (with inputs from IANS), an intern at NewsGram. Twitter: saurabhbodas96
- Fire kills 10 workers in Jammu
- Over 2,000 border villagers in return home
- Pakistan shelling injures six in Jammu: Police
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram