Suicide bomber attacks a mini-bus in Kabul

"The attack took place in Pul-e-Charkhi road. There is fear of possible casualties"

1
104
Taliban insurgents turn themselves in to Afghan National Security Forces Image : Wikimedia Commons

Kabul, June 20  A suicide bomber struck a bus carrying security personnel in Afghanistan’s capital Kabul on Monday, officials said.

“The attack took place in Pul-e-Charkhi road. There is fear of possible casualties,” an official told Xinhua news agency.

“So far, we have no more details, but we will try to get more information,” the official added.

Witnesses said they heard heavy explosion when the attacker targeted the bus carrying foreign security guards presumably from Nepal. (IANS)

The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the suicide attack in Kabul on June 20, killing at least 14 people on a mini-bus and wounding several others.

Police say the bomber approached the bus on foot and set off explosives.

Afghanistan’s Interior Ministry says the victims were Nepalese security guards (Source: VOA)

Police and fire fighters are seen at the site of a blast in Kabul June 20, 2016. REUTERS/Mirwais Harooni
Police and fire fighters are seen at the site of a blast in Kabul June 20, 2016. REUTERS/Mirwais Harooni

A recently published article of NewsGram titiled ‘Innocent Civilians suffer the most in Lethal Combat against the Taliban‘ highlights the lethal attacks increasingly performed by Taliban against the Afghan Government, ruthlessly destroying the settlements of civilians along the way. It says, “Ever since September 2015, Taliban had been performing increasingly lethal attacks against the Afghan Government, ruthlessly destroying the settlements of civilians along the way. Families have been carelessly torn apart with no one to sympathize with their pain and sorrow. The battle of Kunduz, which commenced in April 2015 in an effort by the Taliban forces to take control of the city, assumed a more savage form with the onset of the Mansour leadership.”

A UN report from February illustrates the fact that more than 3,500 civilians were killed in 2015, and an appalling one in four deaths were that of a child’s, a big rise as compared to last year’s records, making this the highest number of deaths noted.

IANS reported last Year on August 8, At least 35 people were killed and hundreds more injured in separate bomb attacks in Afghanistan’s capital city of Kabul. It flattened buildings, damaged cars and left a 10m crater in the road. At least 240 people – mostly civilians – were injured.

ALSO READ:

  • Vrushali Mahajan

    Attacks can be reduced if we try and control the production or supply of explosive materials which can be easily available to these militants. Also there should be checkpoints everywhere so that there is strict security checking.