Never miss a story

Get subscribed to our newsletter


×
www.firstpost.com

New Delhi: The CBI started a probe on Thursday into the alleged irregularity in the purchase of 400 acres land from Gurgaon farmers during 2004-2007 at throw away prices causing them a loss of over Rs 1,500 crore.

On the request of the Haryana government and directions of the central government, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) registered a case against unknown public servants of the Haryana government and some private people.


CBI sources said that the unknown accused have been booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act as well as under charges of cheating, forgery, using a forged document as genuine and criminal conspiracy.

A CBI statement said that the agency took over the investigation from Manesar police station in Gurgaon that had already registered a first information report (FIR) against some public servants in Haryana and some private people.


www.firstpost.com

“It is alleged that some private builders in conspiracy with Haryana government officials had purchased around 400 acres of land from the farmers of villages in Manesar, Naurangpur and Lakhnoula in Gurgaon at throw away prices between August 27, 2004 and August 24, 2007,” said a CBI official, adding that the farmers and land owners were threatened with acquisition of their land by the government if they did not sell.

According to the official, the Haryana government had initially issued a notification under the land acquisition act for land measuring about 912 acres for setting up an industrial model township at villages in Manesar, Naurangpur and Lakhnoula.

“After that, all the land had allegedly been grabbed from the land owners and farmers by the private builders under the threat of acquisition at meagre rates,” the official said.

“An order was also passed by the director of industries on August 24, 2007 releasing the land from the acquisition process but the land was released in violation of the government policy in favour of the builders, their companies and agents, instead of the original land owners,” the official said.

The land, whose market value at that time was above Rs 4 crore per acre, totaling to about Rs 1,600 crore, was allegedly purchased by the private builders from the land owners at only about Rs 100 crore.

“The farmers and land owners had to sustain a loss of Rs 1,500 crores,” the official said.

(IANS)


Popular

Wikimedia Commons

'Vikram Vedha' is a Hindi remake of the runaway Tamil hit of the same name which was released in 2017.

It's been over two years since Hrithik Roshan appeared on celluloid. Fans have been waiting to witness his next performance on the silver screen and it seems like their wishes will be soon granted. Earlier, Hrithik had made an announcement about getting back to shooting schedule for the upcoming film 'Vikram Vedha'. And now, it's learnt that the actor has recently wrapped the first ever action sequence from the film.

The news came out when a few stuntmen from the film's set shared pictures of the sequence wrap. The stunt sequences seem to be quite crazy as suggested by the stuntmen. Talking about the same, a stuntman posted on his instagram as he wrote, "Wrapped up the first action sequence of Vikram Vedha. A big 'Thank you' to @parvez.shaikhh sir for this opportunity. Wouldn't have been possible without you ?? @hrithikroshan."

Another stuntman posted, "First craziest action sequence have done (sic).!! Cheer's To @hrithikroshan @parvez.shaikhh @stuntindia1 and all the stunt boys.!!"

'Vikram Vedha' is a Hindi remake of the runaway Tamil hit of the same name which was released in 2017. While the original action thriller starred R. Madhavan and Vijay Sethupathi, the Hindi version will see Hrithik Roshan squaring off against Saif Ali Khan. (IANS/ MBI)


Keep Reading Show less
VOA

Japan's former Princess Mako, the elder daughter of Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko, and her husband Kei Komuro, look at each other during a press conference to announce their marriage at a hotel in Tokyo, Japan, Oct. 26, 2021

The niece of Japanese Emperor Naruhito, Princess Mako, married a commoner Tuesday, relinquishing her royal status following a heavily scrutinized, controversial four-year engagement.

The Japanese Imperial Household Agency issued a statement announcing the marriage of Mako to Kei Komuro, both 30 years old.

Keep Reading Show less
VOA

This photo provided by the U.S. Attorney's Office for Utah shows fentanyl-laced fake oxycodone pills collected during an investigation

WASHINGTON — U.S. federal law enforcement agencies and Europol announced dozens of arrests to break up a global operation that sold illegal drugs using a shadowy realm of the internet.

At a Department of Justice news conference Tuesday in Washington, officials said they arrested 150 people for allegedly selling illicit drugs, including fake prescription opioids and cocaine, over the so-called darknet. Those charged are alleged to have carried out tens of thousands of illegal sales using a part of the internet that is accessible only by using specialized anonymity tools.

Keep reading... Show less