Wednesday July 18, 2018
Home India Central Gover...

Central Government Blocked over 3500 Child Pornography Websites

0
//
103
Girl Child in India , Child pornography
Children in India, (representational image) Wikimedia
Republish
Reprint

New Delhi July 14, 2017: The Central government on Friday informed the Supreme Court that it last month it has blocked more than 3,500 child pornography websites but ruled out the installation of jammers in school buses to block these websites.

Telling the bench of Justice Dipak Misra, Justices A.M. Khanwilkar and Justice Mohan M. Shantanagoudar that it was taking various other steps to deal with issue of blocking the websites carrying child pornography, Additional Solicitor General Pinki Anand said that they have asked the CBSE to consider installing jammers in schools.

As she maintained that it was not possible to install jammers in school buses, petitioners Kamlesh Vaswani and the Supreme Court Women Lawyers Association said that what Anand was saying was going back on what Central government had said earlier.

ALSO READ: Sexual Exploitation of Women and Girls in Kenya in Return for Food

Women lawyers cited the Human Resource Development Ministry saying that installing jammers in the schools may not be feasible as it would also block the computers being used for academic purposes, but they can be installed in school buses.

“They can’t go back on their own affidavit,” a women lawyer said as Anand said that government was coming out with steps to address the problem in its entirety.

As Central government said that it would file the status report on the steps it was taking to curb the child pornography websites, the court gave it two days time.

Senior counsel Vijay Panjwani, appearing for Vaswani, said that blocking of 3,500 websites was nothing.

The court directed the next hearing of the matter on August 20. (IANS)


NewsGram is a Chicago-based non-profit media organization. We depend upon support from our readers to maintain our objective reporting. Show your support by Donating to NewsGram. Donations to NewsGram are tax-exempt. 
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 NewsGram

Next Story

Anna Hazare Breaks Fast After Government Assurance

0
Anna Hazare finally breaks his fast after government assurance. IANS
Anna Hazare finally breaks his fast after government assurance. IANS
  • Anna Hazare called off his hunger strike after government’s assurance
  • He fasted in Delhi’s Ramlila Ground
  • He fasted against unfair crop prices, electoral policies and Lokpal appointments

Social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday called off his hunger strike in support of his demands as the Central government sought six months to deal with his demands on fair crop prices, Lokpal appointment and electoral reforms.

Anna Hazare wants government to finish corruption completely and take steps in the right direction. Wikimedia Commons

“The government has agreed to demand on crop prices and agreed to take steps on the appointment of a Lokpal at the Centre and Lokayuktas in the states as soon as possible,” Hazare said as he announced that he was going to break his fast.

Hazare said he had been assured regarding the new electoral reforms and implementation of the M.S. Swaminathan Committee report to address the agrarian crisis in the country.

Also Read: Anna Hazare to initiate mass awakening through his Jan-Jagran Yatra

“The governments are meant for the public and it is government’s responsibility to provide the best service to its people,” he said.

Anna Hazare raised his voice against corruption and went ahead with his hunger strike at the Jantar Mantar in New Delhi.
Anna Hazare has also raised his voice against corruption and went ahead with his hunger strike at the Jantar Mantar in New Delhi earlier. Wikimedia Commons

Hazare launched his agitation in support of his demands at the Ramlila Maidan here on March 23. Earlier, he had launched a movement against corruption in 2011. IANS