Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
July 25, 2017: Boredom is the killer of creativity. This is the golden era where one can do myriad of things and the art lies in the ability to utilize the time constructively.
[bctt tweet=”In the era of abundant work, just don’t sit idle. ” username=”NewsGramdotcom”]
Here is a list of noteworthy things to do when bored so that you can make good use of your time. So next time whenever you feel bored you know where to come.
- Are you bored of the television? Well, you don’t have to. Try using it rationally. Switch to channels that are informative and which adds value to your life. (Discovery, English series, documentaries).
- Listen to music. Music is a good source of relaxation and keeps your vibes intact. Having a wide range of music genre collection is really exciting and assuaging. (Trance music, metallic, acoustic, classical)
- Exercise!! It is a great way to tap your time. It will keep you engaged in some physical activity and also keep you in good shape. Regular exercises will keep you salubrious.
- Meditate!!! A lot of people are engaged in mediation, which takes long hours having stricken the rhythm with your body and soul. Mediation keeps your mind and body in good spirits as you create a white space, the positive aura around you.
- Read, Read and Read!! Many of you might not be fond of reading but it is indispensable for your basic understanding and can’t be taken callously. When you inculcate a habit of reading you resourceful and prominent. Leisure reading is also a good practice.
- Explore new places. One of the best ways to eliminate dullness is to explore new places. You can pack your bags and fly to wherever you want. The idea here is to explore the unexplored. When you don’t test yourself onto new places, you become rustic and when you surpass each and every creation of universe you become vibrant.
- Spend time with elderly people. A lot has been said and done to satisfy our greed and pride but how many of us do the right thing by helping the needy. How can you help? Visit an old age home nearby. Sit with them. Hear their stories. Be a good soul.
- Write journals. Keeping diary entries is a good way to release anxieties. You can write the best moments of your life and read them whenever you want to cherish them again. Keeping track of good memories keeps you positive. And it is a good practice to exchange a dialogue with you.
- Play mind games. Playing mind games is quite engaging and gripping. You can try solving puzzles like Sudoku. What’s thought provoking is the refinement it adds to your mental aptitude.
- Surf the internet. In today’s world internet has become so productive that one can’t believe its existence without it. There are so many things to do on the internet, for example, you can search your favorite recipe on YouTube or you can find home remedies for skin problems. The inquisitive behavior must reflect on the internet.
- Cooking! It is something one can never be bored of and likewise, it is a way to reduce boredom also. What happens when your parents leave you for 3 days, do starve to death? You do not have to because you can very well learn to satiate your hunger by cook the new variety of food.
- Play with your pet. If you don’t own a pet, then you must get yourself a fluffy cute pet that you can play with. Those who have a pet can never be bored in life as they are so entertaining and amiable, and not to forget the attention seeking trait they all possess.
- Clean your space. How about clearing your space and placing the right things in a right place. Many of us either have their rooms dirtied or life. Start clearing out each and everything that is splurging and wasteful in your space. Keep the room you live in and the body where your soul resides prim.
– by Naina Mishra of Newsgram. Twitter @Nainamishr94
Hackers have stolen crypto tokens worth $120 million from Blockchain-based decentralised finance (DeFi) platform BadgerDAO. Several crypto wallets were drained before the platform could stop the cyber attack. In a tweet, Badger said it has received reports of unauthorised withdrawals of user funds. "As Badger engineers investigate this, all smart contracts have been paused to prevent further withdrawals. Our investigation is ongoing and we will release further information as soon as possible," the company said late on Thursday.
According to the blockchain security and data analytics Peckshield, the various tokens stolen in the attack are worth about $120 million, reports The Verge. According to reports, someone inserted a malicious script in the user interface (UI) of their website. Badger has retained data forensics experts Chainalysis to explore the full scale of the incident and authorities in both the US and Canada have been informed. "Badger is cooperating fully with external investigations as well as proceeding with its own," it said. DeFi is a collective term for financial products and services that are open, decentralised and accessible to anyone. DeFi products open up financial services to anyone with an internet connection and they are largely owned and maintained by their users. While the attack didn't reveal specific flaws within Blockchain tech itself, it managed to exploit the older "web 2.0" technology that most users need to use to perform transactions, according to reports. (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: crypto wallets, BadgerDAO, decentralised finance, Blockchain, 120 million, crypto tokens, Hackers)
A total of 120 top Bollywood and other celebrities are expected to attend the wedding of film stars Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal which is scheduled on December 9 in Rajasthan, said Rajendra Kishan, the District Collector (DC) of Sawai Madhopur district of the state on Friday. The District Collector told mediapersons: "These 120 guests shall follow all COVID-19 protocols and fully vaccinated guests will get entry in the much-hyped celebrity wedding."
Kishan said that the organisers have been asked to strictly follow all Covid-19 protocols. Also, those who are not vaccinated, will not be allowed without the negative RT-PCR test report, he added. "We have been informed by organisers that a total of 120 guests are invited to the wedding and the events will take place between December 7 to December 10," he added.
Earlier at 10.30 a.m., Kishan called a meeting which was attended by administrative, police and forest department officials, hotel and event managers to ensure adequate arrangements for crowd control, smooth regulation of traffic, and law and order situation amid the VIP movement. The wedding venue Fort Barwara, that has been converted into a heritage hotel, is situated in the panchayat samiti Chauth Ka Barwara. The venue is around 22 km away from Sawai Madhopur and is around 174 km from Jaipur. Sawai Madhopur district is famous for the Ranthambore National Tiger Reserve and as per reports, the guests are likely to be taken for a tiger safari. (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: Rajasthan, December 9, Vicky Kaushal, Katrina Kaif, film stars, celebrities, Bollywood, Katrina-Vicky)
The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), which confirmed the first two cases of the Omicron variant in Bengaluru on Thursday, is continuously monitoring the situation in four cities - Bengaluru, Hyderabad, New Delhi, and Pune. The NCBS is a part of a consortium of national laboratories performing genomic surveillance across four city clusters. The consortium was established four months ago with support from The Rockefeller Foundation's Pandemic Prevention Institute, and is led by the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) in Hyderabad.
Dr Rakesh Mishra at the CCMB said on Friday that the consortium is continuously monitoring the situation in all the four cities and has upscaled its efforts to sequence as many samples as possible Apart from the CCMB and the NCBS, the consortium includes CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology - IGIB in New Delhi and the Pune Knowledge Cluster, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, and CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory in Pune.
The first case of the Omicron variant was detected in South Africa and reported to the World Health Organization on November 24. | Unsplash
The consortium is focused on upscaling genomic surveillance as part of national efforts led by the INSACOG - Indian SARS-CoV-2 Genomics Consortium - to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic. The consortium intensified its sequencing efforts after the World Health Organisation announced Omicron as a Variant of Concern. Such an intensified effort enabled the Bengaluru team at the NCBS, a member laboratory of INSACOG, in collaboration with Strand Life Sciences and the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), to detect, rapidly sequence and verify the existence of the omicron variant in samples from two Covid-19 infected individuals.
They hope this will aid in a rapid response to contain the spread of variants of concern. Prof Satyajit Mayor from the NCBS conveyed the information to local and national authorities, and the Indian government released a statement on December 2, all within four days of receiving the samples. Both SARS-CoV-2 genomes have also been uploaded to the global repository for SARS-CoV-2 sequences, GISAID, so that they can be publicly available to the scientific community, the NCBS said. (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: Hyderabad, New Delhi, Pune, Bengaluru, The National Centre for Biological Sciences, Situation, NCBS, Omicron)