Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Kashmir's houseboats are a piece of the UT's heritage. Over the years, travellers to Kashmir have been drawn to stay on beautiful wooden houseboats amidst the peaceful water of the lake. Thanks to its gorgeous interiors, a stay aboard a houseboat in Kashmir seems like living close to nature. Unlike those in Kerala, Houseboats in Kashmir are typically fixed, anchored along the borders of Dal Lake and Nigeen Lake.
Houseboats in Kashmir are typically fixed, anchored along the borders of Dal Lake and Nigeen Lake. | Photo by Raisa Nastukova on Unsplash
What is the history of Kashmir's houseboats?
Houseboats in Kashmir first appeared in the 19th century, when Europeans were drawn to the beauty of Kashmir and expressed an interest in purchasing property in the valley to settle down. However, there remained a significant hurdle in their request because it was illegal for an outsider to own land in Kashmir. The Europeans devised an amazing plan to construct boat-like residences on Kashmir's water bodies as an alternative.
They devised a means to comply with the state's rules, and this inventive notion gave rise to the houseboats in Kashmir's valley. When the Europeans departed after independence, these nicely constructed houseboats remained on Dal Lake. After much consideration, the owners decided to turn the houseboats into elegant floating hotels. The houseboats drew much attention from travellers since they provided a stunning view of the snow-capped mountains and the clean lake. The rising demand for houseboats has emerged as a lucrative source of revenue for its owners.
The houseboats are built of indigenous cedar wood and are generally finely carved and aesthetically pleasing. | Wikimedia Commons
The houseboats are built of indigenous cedar wood and are generally finely carved and aesthetically pleasing. They range in size ranging from small one-bedroom houseboats to large eight-bedroom houseboats. A typical houseboat has a front porch where you may relax and watch the shikaras pass by, a living room that is typically adorned in an old-world manner, a dining room, and a corridor where the bedrooms are located.
Many of the houseboats have a roof where you may enjoy the lovely Kashmiri sun after climbing a few steps. Families, groups of friends, and people of all ages love houseboat cruises. Within the Kashmiri houseboats, one can enjoy 3-star facilities, elegant décor, and all the necessary amenities, such as laundry, 100 per cent power backup, Wi-Fi, a little library, and much more
Keywords: houseboats, kashmir, europeans, dal lake, nigeen lake, vacation
By- Your Service
Taking out time for family has become very difficult as people are pretty busy in daily life and find very little time to spend with their loved ones. Planning a family vacation is an excellent way through which the whole family can step away from their daily life and have fun. You can find many destinations for a family vacation, but there is no place that can beat Aruba.
Being a part of the Caribbean islands, Aruba is a great destination to spend quality time with family. A family vacation in the Caribbean is just a fantastic choice as the islands are a great blend of everything that sums up an unforgettable time filled with adventure and fun. Aruba being one of the most beautiful Caribbean islands, is perfect for spending some quality time with family members.
There will never be a boring moment in Aruba as there is a lot to do for the best of vacation time. Be prepared to have the best of time and relaxing times. As you are going on a family vacation, you need to book and plan everything to make sure that you do it online to get the best deals. Enjoy your budget vacation in Aruba with your loved ones. Here are the ten reasons you need to plan your dream family vacation to Aruba.
Follow NewsGram on Instagram to keep yourself updated.
1. Beaches Curated for Families & Kids
There are plenty of beaches, in Aruba, and the best one amongst them is Palm Beach and Eagle Beach. Along with your family, you can make the most of your time by spending time on the beach. To make your beach day even more impressive, you must pack some snacks and your favourite drinks.
2. Amazing Outdoor Adventures
You can treat your family to unique outdoor activities in Aruba, such as UTV tour, ATV tour, snorkelling, Catamaran sail, jeep tour, jet skiing, and a lot more only at Around Aruba Tours & Rentals. If your kids love to indulge in some thrilling adventures, then there are many activities from which they can choose.
3. Safest Island
When it comes to family, safety becomes the topmost priority. You don't have to worry about it when you are in Aruba, as this island is regarded as one of the safest islands amongst the other Caribbean islands. You will not face any issues during your family vacation.
4. Best Accommodation for Families
In Aruba, there is a vast range of accommodations to choose from, due to which you can find the perfect pick for small as well as big families. At www.VacationAruba.com you can find amazing Aruba villas for your stay. It is an excellent choice as they are quite reasonable and provide many amenities and facilities. The Aruba villa has great interiors, an outdoor facility, amazing bedrooms, clean bathrooms and huge living space. Aruba Villa Rental are the perfect and luxurious vacation rental for families.
5. Interesting Sightseeing Attractions
There are many sightseeing attractions in Aruba, so you must choose to visit the places you like. You will get to find many fun-filled excursions which you will be able to do that your kids will really enjoy.
6. Rich Culture & Heritage
Family is all about the culture and the heritage that has been running for many years; similarly, the island has a rich culture & heritage which you will love to know. Visit the alluring sightseeing destinations of the island and book a tour so that the tour guide can guide you well. On the guided tour, you will get to listen to many stories related to the places that you will visit. Your kids and other family members will love it.
7. Perfect Fishing Adventure
The fishing adventures are just perfect if you and your family love fishing, so along with them, you can head out to catch all the exotic species. You will get to find such amazing species which you might not get in your home country, and the best part about Aruba is that the water is always brimming with lots of fish to catch. There are many fishing techniques that you can try out, like deep-sea fishing, trolling, fly fishing, and a lot more. After fishing, you can enjoy the catch of the day as there are some restaurants which will serve you.
8. Great Cuisine Options That Fits All
You will find a very wide range of cuisine options in Aruba due to the rich cultural diversity. There are people from different parts of the world who reside in Aruba, due to which you will find your cuisine easily on the island. It is best if you try out the local Aruban cuisine and cocktails, which you will not get anywhere else. Apart from experimenting with food, there is a wide variety of street food as well as fine dining options.
ALSO READ: How Vacations Create Strong Family Bonds
9. Breathtaking Natural Beauty
The natural beauty of Aruba is such that you will just be enchanted by it. You can spend quality time with your family members along with enjoying the breathtaking sights. There are tons of natural wonders that you will love, and the sights are such which you might not find them anywhere else. The incredible beauty of Aruba is what attracts people from all different parts of the world. Plan your days in Aruba in such a way that you are able to visit most of the natural wonders.
10. Snorkeling Fun
By snorkelling in Aruba, you will get to see the exotic species and the marine life of Aruba.Pexels
This activity is something that all of your family members will truly love. By snorkeling in Aruba, you will get to see the exotic species and the marine life of Aruba. Be prepared to get truly mesmerized by the beauty of Aruba. There are many snorkeling spots in Aruba, and everywhere you will have a great experience. You must try out snorkeling at Eagle Beach to get the best experience. The water in Aruba is so clear that you will have a great experience doing snorkeling.
Here were the ten reasons you need to plan your dream family vacation to Aruba. On vacation, remember to make each moment the best when you are in Aruba.
Disclaimer: (This article is sponsored and includes some commercial links)
By- James Ponds
If you're like many other Americans, you probably have a full-time job, a spouse and kids. Since it's difficult to obtain necessary family time when you have work and other responsibilities to tend to, you probably look forward to upcoming vacations. Family trips create memories, and these meaningful memories form strong family bonds. Here are some things you can do on these getaways that will build closer family connections.
Start a Tradition
Whether you go on an Alaskan skiing trip or a Bahamas cruise, think about creating vacation traditions, as they are a great way to strengthen your family bond. Some ideas for traditions are finding seashells, having picnics or telling jokes. Regardless of what you choose, make sure that everyone participates. As long as you show enthusiasm about the experience, others will follow your lead.
Vacation traditions are great to establish, especially if you have kids. These experiences can be passed on to your children's children, and so on. Additionally, traditions create memories everyone can think about fondly over the year until the next vacation.
Follow NewsGram on Instagram to keep yourself updated.
Plan Family Activities
While you don't have to do everything together the entire time, it's important to plan outings to the local museum, amusement park or another place of interest. Incorporate activities that everyone will enjoy, especially the kids. Consider allowing the kids to choose fun ventures. Give them a list of possibilities and let them make some decisions. They will be excited they were able to help.
When planning activities, realize that you'll also want to arrange for downtime. Although you'll probably want to do as much as you can on vacation, make sure you take a little time for rest and relaxation. Don't be afraid to take a day to lounge by the hotel pool with the kids. They certainly won't mind. After all, you don't want to wear yourself out so much that you'll need to recover from your vacation when you get home.
Get Rid of Distractions
It's not enough just to spend a lot of time together; make sure you spend high-quality time with your family. One way to focus on quality in addition to quantity is to have everyone turn off their electronics when engaging in family activities. Phones, iPads or gaming systems are distractions that take away from a complete-family focus.
Vacations are the easiest times to give your full attention to your family because you're able to leave your responsibilities at home and focus on the most important people in your life. Don't think about stressors; instead, focus on the memories that you're making. If your head and heart aren't entirely devoted to vacation activities with your family, your kids are bound to notice. Your family bond will grow significantly by getting rid of all distractions and giving your kids and significant other the attention they deserve.
Going on vacations is an excellent way for families to spend quality time togetheristockphotos
Try Something New
As an adult, you've done and seen a multitude of things your kids haven't. Because your kids would love to see you try something new, find an activity that your family hasn't done before. For example, go on an amusement park ride or rent scooters. If you take the time to learn something for the first time as a family, you'll create an experience that your children won't soon forget. Try things that are out of your comfort zone and that you can't do at home. Not only should trying something new be a vacation priority, but this process can become a vacation tradition for kids and adults alike.
ALSO READ: Perfect Getaway Plan for Vacation in 2021
Know That Trips Aren't Perfect
Even though your vacation will be fun and memorable, it's essential to realize the trip won't be perfect. The kids may have fights or throw temper tantrums, or the weather might be rainy and cold. Expect the unexpected. The most important thing is that you are spending valuable time with the family.
Going on vacations is an excellent way for families to spend quality time together. Having the opportunity to focus solely on each other is sure to keep your family members growing closer every trip.
Disclaimer: (This article is sponsored and includes some commercial links)
By- Shruti Ghadigaonkar
It's a familiar feeling – after months of hard work and meeting endless deadlines, you are bitten by the travel bug again. You yearn to take off to an unknown destination with your family in tow but are not prepared to meet the stress of booking hotels and tours. Here's an idea: why not trust a known company that offers timeshare holidays in the most exquisite Indian and foreign locations, at a reasonable cost, for 25 years? We're recommending a Club Mahindra membership – the following article shows you why.
The timeshare holiday concept…
Originally a Western concept, timeshare holidays are offered by various companies in India too. However, Club Mahindra was the country's first timeshare holiday company. It has gone from strength to strength over the years, adding more destinations annually than any other comparable company. Besides, it continues to enrich the holiday in several ways, from adding fun experiences to offering exclusive tie-ups for curated experiences in the city of your residence.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook to stay updated.
But what exactly is a timeshare holiday?
- Essentially, it is a shared vacation ownership
- Suppose you pay the Club Mahindra membership fees. The membership gives you a certain number of vacation days in Club Mahindra's holiday resorts in India and abroad. The timeshare model lets you 'own' the vacation at different destinations, at your preferred season and accommodation in the destination city or country
- Thus, a timeshare offers a second home experience for families who want quick getaways every year in different locations without the stress of booking hotels and planning an exhaustive itinerary. Several families, indeed, prefer to spend most of their holiday time at the property and venture out only to nearby spots. Others may have a more action-filled holiday and return to the resort to rest and restore themselves
- With a Club Mahindra membership, you get the most premium holidays at superb locations in world-class resorts and affiliate hotels. From the best on-site amenities, resort-arranged tours and sightseeing, and star meals, your holiday becomes a memorable one for you and your loved ones every year
- Thus, it's a guaranteed holiday every year for a week – that's the Club Mahindra timeshare model – from the year that you purchase the Club Mahindra membership.
You get your pick of over 100 superb Club Mahindra resorts and affiliate hotels when holidaying in the destination country. Wikipedia
What do the Club Mahindra membership fees entail?
There is never a good reason not to book a Club Mahindra membership. Club Mahindra holidays offer the best bang for your buck, with scores of enthralling Indian and foreign destinations to choose from. Plus, you get your pick of over 100 superb Club Mahindra resorts and affiliate hotels when holidaying in the destination country. Here's what the Club Mahindra membership fees give you, among other benefits:
- Holidays in the best domestic and international destinations for 25 years. That's a lifetime of vacations and the chance to tick off over 25 places on your travel bucket list
- You get a week's worth of holidays every year with your membership. You can take the entire week in a year, or if you want a longer trip, advance the next year's week or some days into your current trip. Or if you like shorter holidays, then you can break your 7 days' holidays into two or three days each. There is a lot of flexibility in your holiday plans with Club Mahindra holidays.
- The membership is competitively priced, and you spend nearly as much as you would spend if you were to book the holiday by yourself, from start to finish. Plus, there's the benefit of not having to look up hotels and resorts, or restaurants to eat at, or even places to see – the Club Mahindra property you stay at is not just tastefully furnished, but every resort or hotel features the best restaurants, on-site recreation options and world-class amenities. Desk staff also offer help in getting around and seeing the best tourist spots, etc.
- Each resort and affiliate hotel features fun activities for guests, adults and children alike. You can look forward to family-oriented fun experiences ranging from trekking to aquatic sports, workshops for kids and adults to games. Most resorts also offer meals specially curated for children and those with special dietary needs, on request. Club Mahindra resorts follow the strictest hygiene and sanitation protocols given the current pandemic situation. Expect frequent fogging and sanitation, daily room hygiene clean-up, sanitisers kept in all the common areas, on-call doctors in case of medical distress, etc.
- Club Mahindra offers you the freedom to choose the kind of holiday you desire, at a season of your choosing, with accommodation that you prefer. The membership is divided into four colour-coded categories – do get in touch with the company or check out the Club Mahindra website to understand each category and which one works best for you.
- Besides this, you can even optimise the seven days' worth of holidays every year to suit your personal needs. Club Mahindra gives you the leeway to lengthen or shorten your holiday in the year. Choose the entire one week for a single holiday, or break it into two or three shorter holidays. If you are going abroad and want a longer vacation, you can advance next year's 7 days into your current vacation to get two weeks of holiday time
- That's not all – you can even choose to buy the Club Mahindra membership in EMIs rather than spend the entire fee amount upfront. The EMIs are ranged from 6 to 48 months, and the starting booking amount is just Rs 9,990.
- Adding even more excitement to the mix: Club Mahindra offers your extended family and friends to travel with you on your holiday. Just swap your current holiday inventory for a larger group and enjoy a fun vacation with the people that matter the most to you!
Now all that remains is to take the membership and enjoy a lifetime of the greatest holidays you will ever have with your loved ones.
Disclaimer: (This article is sponsored and include some commercial links)