Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Indians in the United States are pushing LaSalle Road in West Hartford (Connecticut) to be renamed as Om Street as it is about to organise its sixth annual community event ‘Om Street: Yoga on LaSalle Road’ to be held on July 23, 2016. It is reported that in 2015, more than 1500 yogis showed up to celebrate yoga in the States. Around 2000 people are expected to take part in this yoga event, this year in 2016.
The President of Universal Society of Hinduism, Rajan Zed, has initiated this urge for renaming the famous street to Mayor of West Hartford Shari Cantor, Town Council and Deputy Mayor Leon Davidoff as an homage to Yoga as an art and the yogis who make the event successful, reported worldhindunews.com
Also, renaming West Hartford would also promote Yoga and help residents adopt it as a part of their lifestyle. Yogasana helps one relieve stress and anxiety, increases flexibility and calms the soul.
According to the worldhindunews.com report, the Om Street event allows various yoga studios from and around West Hartford to participate as instructors. They demonstrate Yogasanas and provide assistance. With drums and live music mixed with the discipline of Yoga, the event is a huge step taken towards inculcating a healthy change in the American nation. Rajan Zed refers to Yoga as a “living fossil” and it can be dated back to the Indus Valley civilisation.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter
While the American government and citizens have begun to introduce yoga as an essential discipline, read on to find some benefits of practicing yoga:
• Yoga strengthens the muscles and increases flexibility. Practicing yoga not only prevents diseases like back pain and arthritis but also helps maintain posture and saves from old age problems. With gymming, one may gain muscle power but not flexibility.
• Yoga also strengthens the spine and bones. Padangusthasana, Baddha Konasana, Paripurna Navasana and many such yoga asana strengthen the spine.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook
• Yoga and Pilates also regulate blood flow. While twisting the body into asanas, the body flows oxygenated blood to all organs. Positions like the headstand pump freshly oxygenated blood which also serves as an instant relief from stress. It is also widely believed that yoga reduces one’s risk of cardiac diseases and pulls out of depression.
• Yogasanas also boost immunity. Lymph is an immune cell rich fluid that fights cancerous cells, infection and disposes toxic materials from the body. So when the body functions in yoga postures and contracts/stretch muscles, this lymph’s drainage increases.
• Yoga not only cleanses the wasted or harmful cells in the body but also saves an individual from digestive problems like constipation, ulcers or syndromes related to the stomach. While any physical activity can ease a disturbed stomach, yoga eases it out way faster and also lowers down any risk of cancer-related to the bowel.
– prepared by Chetna Karnani of Newsgram. Twitter: @karnani_chetna
By- Blogger Indifi
Three parameters based on which EMI calculator works:
- Loan amount.
- Repayment tenure.
- Rate of interest (offered by the lender).
Factors that affect the Loan EMIs
Follow NewsGram on Facebook to stay updated.
Sample loan chart of a business company Image source: wikimedia commons
Benefits of using an online EMI calculator:
- Find out exact EMIs to be paid monthly for any loan.
- Saves time.
- Get a detailed overview of loans applied using the amortization schedule.
- Plan your monthly finances well in advance.
Significance of loan amortization schedule in EMI calculator
The different types of EMI calculators
Home loan EMI calculator
Business loan EMI calculator
Personal loan EMI Calculator
Sample of External Loan amounts Image source: wikimedia commons
Education loan EMI calculator
Simple interest loan EMI calculator
Loan against property EMI calculator
Disclaimer: (This article is sponsored and include some commercial links)
Representation of the Swastika on the flag of Adolf Hitler's Nazi Movement.Photo by Flickr.
Keywords: Swastika, Symbol, Nazism, Hinduism, Adolf Hitler, United Nations, Buddhism, Jainism
Keywords: Neeraj Chopra, Olympics, Tokyo2020, Gold medal, javelin, India, Haryana