New Delhi: Worried about rash and skin problems that monsoon can bring along with it? Battle them by natural ways or by using lightweight moisturisers and more.
Capital-based dermatologist Navin Taneja shares a few tips to protect your skin from the weather’s harshness:*
* Tea tree oil: Apply a mixture of tea tree oil and coconut oil. Reap in its benefits and bid adieu to rash and pimples.
* Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera is a beneficial curing agent for skin diseases caused by rain. It purifies the blood and has healing and soothing properties.
* Honey: Make honey a part of your beauty regime to get a natural glow. Honey is seen as an ideal natural ingredient to do away with skin dryness. Women with sensitive skin can prepare a face mask made up of brown sugar, honey, olive oil and lemon juice.
* Fruits: Fruits like mango and pomegranate can be useful to clear scars and marks on your face and even to nourish your skin. Watermelon is good, if you mix it with milk powder and put it on the skin. It will help to cool the skin.
* Anti-fungal powder: Use an anti-fungal powder on all body folds to avoid any fungal infection.
* Moisturiser: Give a thumbs up to light moisturisers, though its excessive use will work against the skin as it will just sit heavily on the face and prevent skin from breathing.
* Calamine lotion: It can be used to treat anything from sunburns to itchy bug bites or rashes.
Ususally it is said that regular facials can hamper your skin hence making it loose and dull, but not anymore. A daily skincare regime including regular facials is one of the best ways to ensure that your skin stays healthy and fresh, says an expert.
According to Sangeeta Velaskar, head of medical services at Kaya Skin Clinic, a good facial is the solution of many skin related problems.
“Poor lifestyle choices, pollution, stress and poor diet are taking a toll on us and our skin each day. One must seek out ways to reverse this damage in the most effective manner. A daily skincare regime, regular facials is one of the best ways to ensure that your skin stays healthy and fresh.
“Whether you’re tired and run-down, experiencing breakouts or merely in need of a skin treat, a good facial is the perfect way to make yourself look and feel much better,” Velaskar told IANS post a session at the brand’s outlet in the Capital.
The brand has launched four facials for the festive season and one of it was the Everyday Radiance facial that promises to liberate your facial skin from every day’s pollution, fatigue and stress. The treatment cleanses moisturizes and re-vitalizes the skin across a one hour course of facial routine.
Also, the facial comes in a wide range of customized variants that amply nourish your skin giving it essential skin nutrients for instance Insta Glow has the richness of exotic marine extracts known to work on wryness and give glow to your skin instantly. Purifying Tea Tree Oil, popular as the ‘miracle healer’ of related skin problems, imparts the essentials of forest-fresh herbs and oils into your skin.
Last but not the least rejuvenating Cocoa is enriched with Vitamin A and anti-oxidants that helps in moisturizing your skin and renews its natural glow.
For those who have stronger skin problems such as persistent acne, the experts recommend opting for a facial that has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, such as those found in a natural organic peel made from Acetic Acid (vinegar) – known as Black Peel.