Monday May 28, 2018
Home Uncategorized 87 die in Egy...

87 die in Egypt due to heatwave

0
//
29
Republish
Reprint

Cairo, A total of 87 people were killed and 302 hospitalized due to a massive heatwave in Egypt, the health ministry said on Friday.Eleven people, mostly elderly, died on Thursday raising the total toll to 87.

55ca3940cd26c.image
The 302 people were admitted to hospitals in the governorates of Cairo, Qena, Sohag, Giza, Qalioubiya and Assuit due to heat stroke and heat exhaustion, Hossam Abdel-Ghafer, health ministry spokesman told Al Ahram news.

One hundred and forty two people were treated, while 149 are still under observation.

According to meteorological department officials, the heat wave is expected to continue until the end of August.

(IANS)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 NewsGram

Next Story

YouTube to be Get Blocked in Egypt For a Month

"The ruling is a punishment for YouTube website that will cost it massive economic losses," Salem said.

0
//
12
The lawsuit dates back to 2013 when the Egyptian lawyer demanded to ban YouTube in Egypt until the offensive clip on Prophet Muhammad and other anti-Islamic videos are removed.
Egypt's top administrative court ordered on Saturday to block YouTube streaming website for one month over hosting a video that denigrates Prophet Muhammad of Islam. Pixabay

Egypt’s top administrative court ordered on Saturday to block YouTube streaming website for one month over hosting a video that denigrates Prophet Muhammad of Islam, the Egyptian lawyer who filed the lawsuit said.

“The ruling is final, unappealable and enforceable,” Xinhua quoted lawyer Mohamed Hamed Salem as saying.

A lower administrative court has previously ordered the National Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (NTRA) to do so, but the latter appealed against the ruling, citing it was hard to implement.

The top administrative court rejected the NTRA appeal on Saturday and upheld the temporary ban as a final, unappealable ruling.

The lawsuit dates back to 2013 when the Egyptian lawyer demanded to ban YouTube in Egypt until the offensive clip on Prophet Muhammad and other anti-Islamic videos are removed.

The lawsuit dates back to 2013 when the Egyptian lawyer demanded to ban YouTube in Egypt until the offensive clip on Prophet Muhammad and other anti-Islamic videos are removed.
“The ruling is final, unappealable and enforceable,” Xinhua quoted lawyer Mohamed Hamed Salem as saying. Pixabay

“The ruling is a punishment for YouTube website that will cost it massive economic losses,” Salem said.

Privately funded and produced in California, the controversial video first appeared on YouTube in 2012, raising a wave of anti-American outrage in the Muslim world where Prophet Muhammad is highly revered.

Hillary and Facebook: Hillary Clinton Wishes to Head the Facebook

The lawyer said that “the offensive video” led some fanatic Islamists to assault the U.S. and British embassies in Cairo at the time.

It is unclear how the temporary ban will be implemented, as YouTube was still working in Egypt until Saturday evening.

“The NTRA is responsible for implementing the ban and there is no technical difficulty to do so,” the lawyer said, warning “I will file a lawsuit against the NTRA chief if the ban is not implemented.” (IANS)

Next Story