- Hari Narayan Meena has taken the noble initiative of making people aware about the importance of ‘saving girl child’ along with his wife, Hemlata Meena
- They also have pasted over 2,000 stickers with messages about saving the girl child on trucks
- The couple has also provided 1,500 girls with books and other educational materials
“Be the change you want to see” is absolutely synonymous with Jaipur-based IRS officer, Hari Narayan Meena. With a selfless approach in mind, this man from Jaipur has been devoting his free time and holidays for the past 7 years as he felt accountable for a noble cause. He has taken the initiative of making people aware about the importance of ‘saving girl child’ along with his wife, Hemlata Meena. He is currently posted as a Joint Commissioner (Excise) in Delhi.
While speaking to indiatimes.com, he said, “When I was preparing for civil services, I was surprised to learn that when India was progressing in other sectors, the sex ratio was constantly on the decline since the Independence of the country. I thought what could be the reason for declining sex ratio. I started people making aware about it.”
Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgram1
Along with his wife Hemlata Meena, he has visited several houses in Vidhyadhar Nagar, C-Scheme, and Raja Park in Jaipur to talk to people about this issue. He would also go to the Central Park in Jaipur to distribute pamphlets among morning walkers. Some think that he is there to collect donations while some ignore him.The various reactions he has received from the people has not affected his determination. Prior to Delhi, he was posted in Chandigarh, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan, said the indiatimes report.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook: NewsGram
Hemlata Meena is a lecturer and the couple comes up with many other interesting ways to take their mission forward. They have been talking to truck drivers and urging them to spread the message forward. They also have pasted over 2,000 stickers with messages about saving the girl child on trucks. They have set the target of pasting messages on at least 10,000 trucks. The couple has also provided 1,500 girls with books and other educational materials.
-prepared by Ajay Krishna, an intern at NewsGram. Twitter: @ajkrish14
- 35,000 girls from Karnataka to take an oath against child-marriage
- Leading actresses star in Priyanka, Freida film for girl child
- Skateistan: Empowering Afghan girls through skateboards, enlivening children
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram