Saturday January 20, 2018
Home India Government to...

Government to implement BS VI emission norms from 2020

0
//
39
BS_VI norms
Republish
Reprint

New Delhi: The central government on Wednesday has decided to implement Bharat Stage, BS VI emission norms  from April 1, 2020, and to skip BS V norms.

Implementation of BS V emission norms will be skipped and the government will come out with a notification in this regard soon, it was decided at a meeting chaired by Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari.

The Auto Fuel Policy had recommended implementation of BS-VI norms by 2024. Earlier in the draft notification by the ministry, the date was advanced to April 1, 2021 and now it has been further advanced to April 1, 2020.

The others who attended the meeting are Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Minister Anant Geete, Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar and Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.

According to Pradhan, public sector oil companies will invest about Rs.28,750 crore for switching over to BS-VI auto fuels.

Delhi recently was found out to be the world’s one of the most polluted city. Delhi government in an attempt to counter this implemented the odd-even formula on a trial basis. The growing concern regarding the climate change is forcing government to take steps.(IANS)(image:autocarpro.in)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Government ends Haj subsidy as part of a new policy

Announcing the decision, Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said it was in line with the government's agenda to empower minorities without appeasing them.

0
//
13
A total of 1.75 lakh Indian Muslims can go for Haj this year. Wikimedia Commons
A total of 1.75 lakh Indian Muslims can go for Haj this year. Wikimedia Commons
  • The government had drafted the policy after the Supreme Court asked it in 2012 to withdraw it gradually by 2022
  • The government would utilise the funds saved from withdrawing the subsidy for the education of minorities, particularly girls
  • This year, the highest number of Indian pilgrims are likely to go for the pilgrimage

The central government on Tuesday said it has decided to withdraw subsidy given to hundreds and thousands of Muslims for the annual Haj pilgrimage.

Announcing the decision, Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said it was in line with the government’s agenda to empower minorities without appeasing them.

“This is part of our policy to empower minorities with dignity and without appeasement,” Naqvi told reporters here.

He said the government would utilise the funds saved from withdrawing the subsidy for the education of minorities, particularly girls.

Also Read: Muslim women can now travel to Haj without Mahram

The government had drafted the policy to abolish the Haj subsidy in a phased manner after the Supreme Court asked it in 2012 to withdraw it gradually by 2022.

This year, the highest number of Indian pilgrims are likely to go for the pilgrimage after Saudi Arabia increased India’s quota by 5,000.

A total of 1.75 lakh Indian Muslims can go for Haj this year. IANS

Next Story