- No pilgrim was allowed to move towards the valley from winter capital Jammu to perform the Amarnath Yatra for the third consecutive day on Monday
- So far 1,27,538 pilgrims have performed the yatra
- The mobile internet services have also been suspended in Jammu city, making the stranded pilgrims feel all the more helpless
Amid an on-going unrest in Kashmir valley post the killing of Hizbul Commander Burhan Wani, Amarnath Yatra has remained suspended for the third day in a row on Monday.
No pilgrim was allowed to move towards the valley from winter capital Jammu to perform the Amarnath Yatra, police said.
“No Yatri will be allowed to move towards the Valley from Bhagwati Nagar Yatri Niwas in Jammu city today,” a senior police officer said.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgram1
“The Yatra has been suspended due to the prevailing law and order situation in the Valley,” he added.
An officer of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) that manages the affairs of the annual pilgrimage said that 8,611 pilgrims had “Darshan” at the holy Cave Shrine on Sunday.
“8,611 yatris had ‘darshan’ inside the holy Cave yesterday. These included Yatris who had already reached the north Kashmir Baltal and south Kashmir Nunwan (Pahalgam) base camps,” he said.
“Since the yatra started on July 2, so far 1,27,538 pilgrims have performed the yatra,” the SASB official added.
Around 15,000 yatris are waiting in Jammu for their turn to proceed to the Valley so that they can undertake the Yatra.
Sources said that a team of officials from Gujarat is reaching here on Monday to find out the welfare of stranded Yatris belonging to their state.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook: @NewsGram2
“Gujarat chief minister spoke to state chief minister yesterday. It was agreed upon that a team of Gujarat government officials would arrive in Jammu to meet the yatris,” sources said.
Reportedly, as the mobile internet services have also been suspended in Jammu city, the stranded pilgrims were feeling all the more helpless. (IANS)
- In 5 Days, more than 71,000 pilgrims perform Amarnath Yatra
- First batch of 1,138 pilgrims leaves Jammu for annual Amarnath Yatra
- Find out what Lord Shiva did before reaching Amarnath!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram