Tuesday January 16, 2018
Home Business Large Indian ...

Large Indian participation in Dubai property show this year

0
//
89
Indian property companies
Picture Courtesy:-www.newsearchvibe.in
Republish
Reprint

Dubai: There will be a huge Indian participation in the annual International Property Show that will be held in Dubai this coming April. The event organisers, Strategic Marketing & Exhibitions predicted it.

A total of 15 Indian companies, double the figure compared to last year, will be showcasing their projects and targeting the large Indian expatriate community of five million at the International Property Show to be held from April 11 to 13, Khaleej Times reported on Tuesday.

According to the organisers, Indians top foreign investments in Dubai’s property market.

Between 2006 and 2015, India’s investments ballooned to over 120 billion Dirhams ($32.6 billion) through more than 57,000 transactions surpassing the largest investor groups – British and Pakistani investors – both in value and number of transactions.

“The close relations between the UAEand Indian governments have created an ideal investment climate that boosts flow of funds in both directions, especially in real estate,” Dawood Al Shezawi, the president of Strategic Marketing & Exhibitions, said.

He said the investors from India have a strong inclination to buy property in the UAE.

Meanwhile, Anurag Bhushan, Consul General of India in Dubai, said, “A total of about 26,000 Indian companies are operating in the UAE, and more than 20 of India’s leading banks and financial institutions have established offices in the DubaiInternational Financial Center.”(IANS)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Government ends Haj subsidy as part of a new policy

Announcing the decision, Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said it was in line with the government's agenda to empower minorities without appeasing them.

0
//
2
A total of 1.75 lakh Indian Muslims can go for Haj this year. Wikimedia Commons
A total of 1.75 lakh Indian Muslims can go for Haj this year. Wikimedia Commons
  • The government had drafted the policy after the Supreme Court asked it in 2012 to withdraw it gradually by 2022
  • The government would utilise the funds saved from withdrawing the subsidy for the education of minorities, particularly girls
  • This year, the highest number of Indian pilgrims are likely to go for the pilgrimage

The central government on Tuesday said it has decided to withdraw subsidy given to hundreds and thousands of Muslims for the annual Haj pilgrimage.

Announcing the decision, Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said it was in line with the government’s agenda to empower minorities without appeasing them.

“This is part of our policy to empower minorities with dignity and without appeasement,” Naqvi told reporters here.

He said the government would utilise the funds saved from withdrawing the subsidy for the education of minorities, particularly girls.

Also Read: Muslim women can now travel to Haj without Mahram

The government had drafted the policy to abolish the Haj subsidy in a phased manner after the Supreme Court asked it in 2012 to withdraw it gradually by 2022.

This year, the highest number of Indian pilgrims are likely to go for the pilgrimage after Saudi Arabia increased India’s quota by 5,000.

A total of 1.75 lakh Indian Muslims can go for Haj this year. IANS

Next Story