Friday January 19, 2018
Home India NIA detains s...

NIA detains suspects in Bengaluru, Hyderabad with terror links to ISIS

0
//
252
Republish
Reprint

New Delhi: 10 ISIS suspects in Bengaluru and Hyderabad were detained by the National Investigation Agency (NIA). The suspected terrorists were allegedly planning to attack the Republic Day parade on 26 January at Delhi.

Six suspects were detained in Bengaluru and four in Hyderabad, the joint capital of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, earlier this morning.

With help from intelligence inputs, NIA and the police conducted the joint operation in Karnataka. The premier terror agency also picked up four terror suspects from Telangana capital of Hyderabad; the state police were working on the leads given by the intelligence department.

Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru and Hyderabad were already deemed to be on terror alert. However, the NIA ensured foolproof security during the event.

Early morning, a suspected operative of the Islamic State (ISIS) was also arrested from Mumbra, near Mumbai today.

The yet unnamed person said to be in his 30s who was nabbed in an early morning joint operation by sleuths of the Maharashtra ATS and the NIA, reports claimed. Mumbra, in Thane district, is around 30 km from Mumbai.

In the starting of this month, the Delhi Police arrested a suspected member of the terrorist outfit al-Qaeda in Bengaluru; he was working as a teacher in Madras.

The alleged member of the terror group was identified as Maulana Anzar Shah.

Meanwhile, Delhi is on high alert after Intelligence Bureau stated the possibility of a terror attack by dreaded terror outfit ISIS on 26 Jan. The security officials recently busted a terror plot to target Ardh Kumbh Mela in Haridwar and malls in Delhi-NCR.

The security agency has warned that the terror group, which was previously successful in spreading mayhem in many parts of the world, is most likely to make an attempt to target Prime Minister Narendra Modi and France President Francois Hollande.

The President is scheduled to attend the Republic Day celebrations at the majestic Rajpath as the ‘chief guest’. (Inputs from munsif.tv) (picture courtesy: newindianexpress.com)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Sunny Leone will not be attending the New Year bash in Bengaluru

Sunny Leone has made a statement of not attending the New Year bash in Bengaluru as the police publicly said they would be providing any security to the actress and the people attending the bash

0
//
9
Sunny Leone will not be attending the New Year bash in Bengaluru
Sunny Leone will not be attending the New Year bash in Bengaluru. IANS
  • Famous celebrity Sunny Leone refuses to attend the New Year bash in Bengaluru
  • Sunny Leone was going to perform at Manyata Tech Park in the city suburbs
  • Bengaluru Police Commissioner T. Suneel Kumar denied permission for a New Year bash

Bengaluru, Dec 19,2017: Actress Sunny Leone on Tuesday said that she will not attend the New Year bash in the city after the police denied permission to the organisers.

“Since the police of Bengaluru have publicly said that they will not be able to ensure mine, and all who attend, safety for my New Years event, my team and I feel, safety of the people should always come first. Therefore, I cannot attend. God bless and I wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year,” Sunny tweeted.

Earlier on Saturday Bengaluru Police Commissioner T. Suneel Kumar denied permission for a New Year bash in the city where Sunny was invited to perform.

“We are denying permission for Sunny Leone’s musical show on December 31 night to maintain law and order and prevent any untoward incident in the city,” Kumar told reporters here.

Sunny was supposed to perform at the Manyata Tech Park in the city suburbs. However, the city police chief said it would not be possible to provide enough security at the venue as the entire force would be on duty across the city on that night.

“In view of a directive from the Karnataka High Court on Friday to ensure peaceful New Year celebrations and prevent untoward incidents in the city, we will not be able to deploy enough force at one place at the risk of other areas,” he said. (IANS)

Next Story