Saturday December 16, 2017
Home Politics No probe goin...

No probe going on against Sharad Pawar, says Fadnavis

0
41

Mumbai/Aurangabad: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Thursday categorically stated there is no probe of any kind against Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) president Sharad Pawar.

“There is no investigation of any type against Sharad Pawar. He need not worry…” Fadnavis told media persons in Aurangabad.

He was reacting to Pawar’s statement earlier on Thursday expressing apprehensions about when the state government would put him and other NCP leaders in jail.

“Now we are waiting to see when they will put us also in jail,” Pawar commented sharply while speaking about the ongoing corruption cases slapped on senior party leader Chhagan Bhujbal and his family members.

Fadnavis reiterated that there is no interference of any kind by the state government as the probes against Bhujbals are being carried out under the orders of the Bombay High Court.

Pawar, who maintained silence on the series of probes Bhujbal is facing, claimed the BJP-Shiv Sena combine is “specifically targetting” him, after a meeting with Bhujbal on Thursday morning.

Some of the cases being probed against Bhujbal and family include the alleged scam in the construction of Maharashtra Sadan in New Delhi, land scam in Kalina, near Mumbai, and amassing huge wealth and properties which were searched at 16 locations across the state on Tuesday.

“Instead of conducting a fair investigations, the agencies are leaking out false information to the media… This is strange… I have handled the home department and this is not how investigations are carried out. The chief minister should look into this,” Pawar said.

He declared unstinted support of the party to Bhujbal and help him in every manner without interfering with the probes.

Besides Bhujbal, BJP’s ruling ally Shiv Sena has sought investigations against Sharad Pawar, Ajit Pawar, Praful Patel and other NCP leaders, while social crusader Anna Hazare welcomed the probes against Bhujbal.

(IANS)

Next Story

Fake Caste Certificates Invalid for Employment, says Supreme Court

The Supreme Court of India has passed the judgement against the fake certificates making them invalid. The decision will, however, be applied from now onwards

0
144
Fake Caste Certificates
Supreme Court, the apex ruling court of India. Wikimedia
  • The Indian Supreme Court has ruled against the validity of Fake Caste Certificates in jobs and admissions
  • The decision, however, will be applied now onwards and has no retrospective effects
  • Chief Justice J. S. Khehar and Justice D. Y. Chandrachud were members of the bench ruling on the case

July 06, 2017: Fake Caste Certificates that up until now were used to secure reserved seats in Jobs and Education are not going to be valid after a recent ruling by the Supreme Court of India.

The Supreme Court did not agree with the Bombay High Court who delivered the verdict that persons who have served for a long period of time but with fake caste certificates may be allowed to continue the service, mentioned PTI.

ALSO READ: India Finally Rolls Out GST After 17 Years of Struggle: Why there are Mixed Reactions?

Although possessing no retrospective effects, the decision will be applicable from now onwards. The verdict came as a number of petitions to the Supreme Court were flooding in. Even Maharashtra government filed a petition against the verdict of the Bombay High Court.

Only last month the Central government announced its decision to dismiss any employee who had secured a job through fake certificates. Subsequently, it had asked all its departments to collect information from various organizations and find discrepancies.

It was also revealed that 1,296 cases of employment through fake certificates were registered under Department of Financial Services.

– prepared by Saksham Narula of NewsGram. Twitter: @Saksham2394

Next Story

Women to Remain Barred from Entering Dargah of Sufi saint Haji Ali in Mumbai for Now

The Bombay High Court, while ruling that women can go to the mazar of Haji Ali, had put the operation of its verdict on hold

0
199
Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai. Wikimedia

New Delhi, October 7, 2016: Women will continue to be barred from entering the Dargah of Sufi saint Haji Ali in Mumbai, as the Supreme Court on Friday continued with the interim order of the Bombay High Court.

The Bombay High Court, while ruling that women can go to the mazar of Haji Ali, had put the operation of its verdict on hold, giving time to the Haji Ali Trust that is managing the affairs of Dargah to approach the Supreme Court.

Issuing notice, the bench of Chief Justice T.S. Thakur and Justice A.M. Khanwilkar said that the interim order of the Bombay High Court, putting on hold the operation of its own verdict, would continue till October 17, when the matter would come up for hearing. (IANS)

Next Story

Bombay HC permits women inside Haji Ali Dargah, but Trust says No!

The trustees believe that it will be grievous to allow women near the tomb of the Sufi saint, that is housed within the mosque

1
594
Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai. Wikimedia

Mumbai, August 26, 2016: On Friday in a historic verdict, the Bombay High Court has permitted the entry of women up to the restricted area in the famous 15th-century shrine Haji Ali Dargah, that is located off the Worli seashore. A division bench of Justice VM Kanade and Justice Revati Mohite-Dhere stayed the judgment for six weeks to allow an appeal in the Supreme Court, mentioned IANS report.

The court’s ruling came on a PIL filed by NGO Bharatiya Muslim Mahila Andolan and women activists Noorjehan Niaz and Zakia Soman and now women can enter in the inner sanctum of this Dargah. However, the trustees believe that it will be grievous to allow women near the tomb of the Sufi saint, that is housed within the mosque.

Follow NewsGram on Twitter

These trustees had imposed the ban 5 years back and were taken to the court by the Bharatiya Muslim Mahila Andolan (BMMA) – a Muslim women’s rights group, who are backed by the state government, mentioned NDTV.

Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis. Image source: Wikimedia Commons
Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis. Image source: Wikimedia Commons

Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has expressed his views regarding the High Court’s decision. He said there is discrimination in worship and this tradition must accommodate change.

Follow NewsGram on Facebook

Today, the High Court added that any restriction on women at the dargah violates the fundamental right to equality. The court order has brought relief to the countrywide campaign and efforts of women, to allow them entry to all places of worship.

In Mumbai, the Haji Ali mosque was constructed in 1431, on an islet about 500 metres from the coast, in memory of a wealthy Muslim merchant- Sayyed Peer Haji Ali Shah Bukhari, who gave up all his worldly possessions before making a pilgrimage to Mecca. The Dargah can only be reached during low tide.

– prepared by NewsGram Team

ALSO READ: