Patna: The most awaited, 2nd Patna International Film Festival inaugurated on 19th February 2016 has already put the people of Patna in a celebratory mood.
The famous SK Memorial hall at Patna was overloaded with the different class of people on the inaugural day. Organized by the department of art, culture and youth affairs, a week-long film festival is on the mind of every class of people (school children, youths, and old-age).
Stars including Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, and Vidya Balan are going to be the attraction of the International Festival.
On 19th, the inaugural day the audience gave a positive response with a strong noise when Nitin Kakkad, director of ‘Ram Singh Charlie’ and actress of the movie Divya Dutta, addressed the crowd. Nitin’s statement that half of Mumbai is run by Biharis and the city cannot move an inch without them drew loud cheers from people. Inaugurating the event, Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar, Tejashwi Prasad Yadav supported the desire of the actor Shekhar Suman to produce a film on Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan. Also, he said that he wants to shoot the film in Bihar.
Speciality of Patna Film Festival 2016
- Feature and non-feature films in different languages will be included.
- A film based on the life of circus artists, “Ram Singh Charlie “will be exhibited.
- All films will be screened in Mona and Elphinstone cinema hall.
- Famous celebrities Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan, Bihari Babu Shatrughan Sinha and Sonakshi Sinha are invited to the festival.
- Entry will be free. Passes will be given by the concerned department.
- There will an exhibition of the “film technique” displaying the technology used in making films from the past to present.
- Youths will have a chance to listen to film specialists during the festival.
- Most movies will be from the Indian Panorama category.
The film festival will create opportunities for youths in the field of acting. It will come to an end on 25th February 2016.(Inputs from agencies)