Tuesday December 12, 2017
Home India When crime lo...

When crime lord Chhota Shakeel offered to surrender, government refused

0
400

pardaphash.com

By NewsGram Staff Writer

Dawood Ibrahim, listed at the third number in Forbes magazine’s 2011 list of top eleven dreaded criminals of the world and wanted by the Interpol for a variety of crimes is one of the most notorious crime lords of India. US too has labelled him as a global criminal because of his loose links to Al-Qaeda and other terrorist outfits. After the 1993 Mumbai bombings, he has become one of the most sought after criminals of India.

A leading national daily recently published an interview of his right hand man, Chhota Shakeel alias Shakeel Babumiya Shaikh.

NewsGram brings you the top revelations from this interview.

  1. Chhota Shakeel and co. have been targeting Chhota Rajan alias Rajendra Sadashiv Nikalje, another wanted criminal, smuggler and crime lord.

  2. He said that Chhota Rajan targets and kills innocent people and that they plan on killing him if they ever get their hands on him.

  3. He rubbished the reports that Chhota Rajan has been targeting their men.

  4. He called the reports where Rajan calls himself a patriot and a hindu don a creation of the media.

  5. He denied his involvement in match fixing by saying that they have enough assets and the Delhi commissioner of  police also knows that he and his team are not involved.

  6. He had offered to surrender to the Indian authorities in the latter half of 1990s, after being among the accused for 1993 Mumbai blasts, on the condition that they won’t torture or kill him.

In an interview with the same national daily, top lawyer Ram Jethmalani also revealed that despite Shakeel having offered to surrender, the then government of Maharashtra nixed it and didn’t let that happen as “they feared that he might spill the beans against many in power and authority.”

These interviews make evident the hand-in-glove connections of the people in power and authority with the crime lords of the organized crime syndicate.

Next Story

Aide to Chota Shakeel Nabbed by Police, was Planning to Kill Pakistan-born Canadian writer Tarek Fatah

0
376
Islam
Tarek Fatah, a renowned writer condemns some practices of Islam. Wikimedia
  • Chota Shakeel is a well-known confidant of the fugitive don Dawood Ibrahim
  • Police have recently nabbed Chota Shakeel’s aide who is accused of planning the assassination of Tarek Fatah
  • Tarek Fatah is a prolific Pakistan-born Canadian writer who is famous for being vocal against terrorist ideologies and criticizing hardliners

New Delhi, July 09, 2017: The fugitive don Dawood Ibrahim’s well-known confidant, Chota Shakeel, and his close aide were planning to assassinate the prolific Pakistan-born Canadian writer Tarek Fatah before the police spoiled such plans.

The Delhi Police’s Special Cell has arrested Chota Shakeel’s aide who had reportedly received 1.5 lakh for the killing of writer Tarek Fatah. The arrested, Junaid Chaudhary, was nabbed on June 07 in Northeast Delhi, mentioned PTI report.

Junaid, son of a milkman, lived in Gokalpuri area in northeast Delhi. At age 21, he was a student of class XII from an open school.

ALSO READ: Our Culture of Environmental Protection has long been Forgotten, says Union Minister Harsh Vardhan

Tarek Fatah is a vocal critique of terrorist ideologies and extremism. There have often been cases where his statements have been considered controversial. He strongly opposes terrorism.

A pistol with four live cartridges was found on the Junaid, the arrested person. He also had arranged for additional weapons from western Uttar Pradesh. A few youths were also recruited for the plan. Junaid has been arrested before in June last year with 4 other youth for money sent in hawala by Chota Shakeel. He had also received arms and ammunitions. The plan was to kill Swami Chakrapani, the Hindu Mahasabha chief at that time.

Junaid got out on bail after four months, after which he contacted Shakeel again.

prepared by Saksham Narula of NewsGram. Twitter: @Saksham2393

 

Next Story

Flashback to Terror: 1993 Mumbai Blasts Judgement to Hail on June 27 After 24 Years

The attack was the first to occur after the Second World War when RDX was used massively

0
77
Mumbai Blasts, 1993
Mumbai Blasts took a massive toll in the year 1993. Pixabay
  • On March 12, 1993, 12 blasts ripped through the city of Mumbai
  • The judgment of the 6 out of 7 accused has been adjourned till June 27

June 24, 2017:

Twenty-four years after the horrific blasts which shredded the Mumbai city into tears and despairs,  a special Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act court convicted 1993 Mumbai blasts accused gangster Abu Salem along with five others under the charge of the criminal conspiracy. However, Abdul Qayyum Ansari has been acquitted. The judgment of the accused has been adjourned till June 27.

Flashback: Black Friday in Mumbai (1993)

On March 12, 1993, 12 blasts ripped through the city of Mumbai then Bombay, shedding lives of at least 257 people and 713 injured. The harrowing attack is also known to be the most coordinated terrorist attacks on the grounds of India. The attack was the first to occur after the Second World War when RDX was used massively. The Supreme Court confirmed this in 2014 calling the attack to be the first terror attack after the second world which had used RDX in bulk.

Series of 12 Deadliest Bomb Blasts in 2 hours

Bombay Stock Exchange

A powerful car bomb exploded in the basement of Mumbai Stock Exchange building. The 28 story building was set ablaze leading to 84 deaths and 217 injuries.

Katha Bazar

4 people died in South Mumbai after Parvez Nazir Ahmed Shaikh parked the RDX-laden scooter at Katha Bazar.

Shiv Sena Bhawan

A bomb exploded at a gas station opposite of Shiv Sena Bhawan.

Air India Building

A car bomb exploded in the basement garage of the building, leading to 20 deaths and 87 injuries. Farooq Pawale was convicted and sentenced to death for planting the attack.

Mahim Causeway

Three died in hutments near Mahim Causeway after convicted Salim Rahim Shaikh hurled hand grenade in the area.

Century Bazar

RDX was placed under manhole at Century Bazar the convicted Abdul Gani Turk. The explosion took place when a bus ran over the explosive, killing about 113 people, which was the highest casualty amongst 12 explosions.

Zaveri Bazar

Mohd Shoaib Ghansar had placed RDX filled scooter in the area that killed 19 people in the explosion.

Hotel Sea Rock

A man placed the bomb in the room of the hotel two days prior to the explosion but never stayed in the room. The device exploded shattering every window in the building.

Plazma Cinema

The explosion occurred when an RDX filled Maruti Van was placed at the Plazma Cinema

Hotel Juhu Centuar

The bomb in the hotel was hidden in a room and injured three staff members.

Hotel Airport Centaur

The attack was compiled and combined by Nibandh Vinod. The bomb exploded leaving 2 deaths and 8 injuries.

Conspirator of the Mumbai Blasts

Dawood Ibrahim and the Memon family are believed to be the masterminds behind the Mumbai blasts. Dawood is the famous underworld don whose name also appears in United Nations Charter list of dreadful criminals. The mastermind is said to be hiding since the blasts and is believed to be in Pakistan. He is also alleged to have ties with terror group Al-Qaeda and Lashkar-e-Toiba.  While Dawood, Tiger and Ayub are still absconding, Yukub Memon was sentenced to death in 2015.

The rationale behind the Attack: Why Mumbai?

Many Muslims died in communal riots which broke out in the year 1993 following the demolition of Babri Masjid in Ayodhya and successive construction of a temporary temple in its place. The terror attack was a well-constructed revenge planted by the conspirators to arouse fear in the minds of people and create disharmony among the different sections of society.


– by Naina Mishra of Newsgram. Twitter: @Nainamishr94

 

Next Story

Special relationship between Chhota Rajan and Government: Neeraj Kumar

0
66

New Delhi: The government had a special relationship with underworld don Chhota Rajan, said former Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar.

His statement came during a panel discussion on the inaugural day of the fourth edition of Delhi Literature Festival. The three-day festival got underway on Friday.

In a session titled “Bare it all”, with journalist Avirook Sen, moderated by Madhu Trehan, the former Delhi Police chief, asked if there was a special relationship between the don and government, he said: “The short answer- yes there is”.

As Trehan asked him whether its a speculation or fact, he said “its a fact”.

Kumar’s book “Dial D for Don”, which was released last year, talks about his top operations, mostly related to the underworld and the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts. He has also revealed that he had three long conversations with Mafia don Dawood Ibrahim on June 10, 20 and June 22, 1994, when he was investigating the 1993 serial blasts as a Central Bureau of Investigation official.

Kumar also said that all hopes must not be pinned on Chhota Rajan to get to Dawood. “I don’t want to give away all secrets. But you are close to the truth. Let us not pin all our hopes on Chhota Rajan,” he said.

Speaking about his book, he said the title of the book ‘Dial D for Don’ was based on the conversations with Dawood. “The name of my book is based on my conversations with Dawood. My seniors were always kept in the loop about the conversations. I don’t do anything without my seniors knowledge… because there are so many agencies involved,” he said.

The former police officer also spoke about some of the controversial cases in his career, including the Ansal Plaza shootout and the allegations that he had links with the underworld. (IANS)

(image credit: thehindu.com)