Wednesday August 15, 2018
Home Entertainment 15 Crore Open...

15 Crore Opening In China Of “Toilet” Akshay Kumar Is Overwhelmed

The film's actress Bhumi Pednekar was excited for its release there.

0
//
26
15 Crore Opening In China Of
Akshay Kumar: ‘Marathi Cinema Is Bolder Than Hindi. flickr
Republish
Reprint

Bollywood star Akshay Kumar is overwhelmed with the love the audience in China has given to his film “Toilet Hero” — originally titled “Toilet: Ek Prem Katha” — which has made over Rs 15 crore at the Chinese box office on its opening day.

“Thank you audiences in China for your appreciation for ‘Toilet Hero’. Delighted to receive so much love,” Akshay tweeted on Saturday.

The movie, which deals with the subject of sanitation and the need for toilets, opened in China — an emerging market for Bollywood films — on Friday.

It hit 4,300 screens in China, according to Reliance Entertainment, which released the movie in the country.

“‘Toilet Hero’ makes a whopping 15 million Yuan equivalent to Rs 15.8 crore on Day 1 at the Chinese box office! This is the third biggest opening of Indian films in China,” read a post from the official Reliance Entertainment Twitter handle.

Toilet- ek prem katha
Toilet- ek prem katha, flickr

The film’s actress Bhumi Pednekar was excited for its release there.

“Thank you again for all the love & support we have already got and really hope that we get the same all over again,” she had tweeted on Friday.

Also read: Akshay Kumar lends support niine movement

China has become receptive to Indian films, given the popularity of movies by Aamir Khan. Even “Baahubali 2: The Conclusion” found several takers, followed by Irrfan Khan’s “Hindi Medium” and Salman Khan’s “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”. (IANS)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 NewsGram

Next Story

Google’s Censored Search Engine For China A ‘Stupid Move’ Says Ex-Employee

The tech giant had launched a search engine in China in 2006, but pulled the service out of the country in 2010, citing Chinese government efforts to limit free speech and block websites

0
Google
Ad firms suffer as Google, Facebook dominate digital dollars. Pixabay

Google’s reported plan to launch a censored version of its search engine in China has come under heavy criticism from a former Asia-Pacific head of the company’s free expression issues who called it a “stupid move”.

“This is just a really bad idea, a stupid, stupid move. I feel compelled to speak out and say that this is not right,” The Intercept quoted Lokman Tsui as saying on Friday.

Tsui was Google’s head of free expression for Asia and the Pacific between 2011 and 2014.

The news about Google’s plan to build a censored search engine broke last week.

Codenamed “Dragonfly”, the search platform would blacklist “sensitive queries” about topics including politics, free speech, democracy, human rights and peaceful protest, according to a previous report by The Intercept.

Google
Google is yet to officially confirm or deny the search engine project. Pixabay

“I can’t see a way to operate Google search in China without violating widely held international human rights standards,” the report quoted Tsui as saying.

Google is yet to officially confirm or deny the search engine project.

You May Also Like to Read About The Speakers- Bixby-powered Samsung Galaxy Home Smart Speaker: A Mix of Elegant Design And Surround Sound Delivered by Six Built-in Speakers

Tsui said that if Google goes ahead with the censored search engine project, it would go against its publicly stated ethos.

The tech giant had launched a search engine in China in 2006, but pulled the service out of the country in 2010, citing Chinese government efforts to limit free speech and block websites. (IANS)