By NewsGram Staff Writer
The second part of the ongoing Budget session of Parliament will begin from tomorrow with the reconvening of the Lok Sabha. This phase of the Lower House is scheduled till May 8, 2015. The work in the Rajya Sabha will start from April 23, 2015 and will continue till May 13, 2015.
Both the Houses will have 13 sittings each in the second part of the Budget session of Parliament.
Here is what all to expect from the second part of the Budget Session:
1. Financial business including discussion on Demands for Grants for Railways and some select ministries and General Budget for 2015-16 and the passing of relevant Appropriation Bills and Finance Bill constitute the main agenda of the government business for the second part of Budget session.
2. Lok Sabha is likely to discuss the Demands for Grants of Ministries of Home, Health and Family Welfare, Environment and Forests & Climate Change, Chemicals and Fertilizers and Drinking Water & Sanitation.
3. Rajya Sabha is likely to discuss the working of the Ministries of Law & Justice, Petroleum and Natural Gas, Social Justice & Empowerment and External Affairs.
4. The Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (Amendment) Bill, 2015 is slated for introduction in Lok Sabha on April 20, 2015. The Government is keen about both the Houses of Parliament taking up for consideration the GST Bill, Disclosure of Foreign Income and Assets Bill and the Real Estate (Development & Regulation) Bill during the second part of the Budget session.
5. Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Amendment) Bill further to promulgation of Land Ordinance for the second time is also to be considered during the session beginning on April 20, 2015.
The first part of the Budget session that began on February 20, 2015 continued till March 20, 2015 when both the Houses were adjourned.