New Delhi, Dec 16, 2016: Keep the length of your outfit in mind and choose comfort over style when you go on bridal shoe shopping spree, says an expert.
Sudatta Bhattacharya, Styling Expert at ShaadiSaga.com – an online wedding planning platform and Yuvraj Singh and actress Hazel Keech’s official online wedding planning partners — has listed down some important points.
NewsGram brings to you latest new stories in India.
* Heels vs flats: Ask yourself if you are comfortable walking in heels? Do you need to add extra height to match your groom? Or will you be at more ease in flats? These will give you a clear idea of what you should be looking for. Another important thing to remember is the kind of venue you have for your wedding functions. If you have an outdoor wedding function, you should probably opt for wedges or flats because stilettos might dig deep inside sand/grass.
* Length of the outfit you are wearing: Ideally, the heel size (inches) should be almost equal to the extra length of lehenga that you would have kept during the final trials and fittings. It’s best to stick with gold and silver so that you are able to reuse them later.
Go to NewsGram and check out news related to political current issues
* Comfort over style: There’s a high chance that you will fall in love with the pair of shoes that look absolutely stunning but might not be comfortable to walk in. Remember that at the end of the day it’s you who have to wear those shoes. You will be the one who will have to stand for photographs, walk around here and there, and dance a bit too! So, wobbling around your heels which are way high or uncomfortable for you wouldn’t be a good idea at all.
* Don’t go for shoes that are beyond your budget: There are times when you cannot get over that one pair of shoe which you know you cannot afford it and then nothing really seems good enough. Well, don’t get attached to everything you see. Just switch to the next pair of shoe or if needed to the next shop and keep your budget in mind.
Look for latest news from India in NewsGram.
* Practice wearing them again and again: Do make sure you get them worn in at least a few weeks from the wedding day. Wear them around the house; apply Vaseline or coconut oil while you are trying them on. Get used to wearing them, walk around the carpets if necessary, so that on the big day, your bridal shoes are already shaped according to your feet. (IANS)