Wednesday December 13, 2017
Home India 8 SIMI Terror...

8 SIMI Terrorists Escape From Bhopal Central Jail After Killing one Guard and Taking another Hostage

Security was tightened and a search operation was launched to nab the terrorists

0
209
Representational image. Flickr

Bhopal, October 31, 2016: Eight terrorists of banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) managed to escape from the Bhopal Central Jail by killing a guard, the state Home Minister said on Monday. The prisoners broke the gate and scaled walls using bedspreads.

NewsGram brings to you latest new stories in India.

Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Bhoopendra Singh told IANS: “Eight SIMI terrorists managed to escape the jail on late Sunday night after killing one guard and taking another hostage.”

The Madhya Pradesh Police sounded a high alert. The state border was sealed following the jailbreak, security was tightened and a search operation was launched to nab the terrorists, Singh said.

[bctt tweet=”SIMI Terrorists Escape From Bhopal Jail ” username=””]

Go to NewsGram and check out news related to political current issues.

The jailbreak took place between 12 and 2 a.m. on Sunday. The prisoners broke open prison gates and then fashioned ropes out of bedspreads to scale the boundary walls, said the jail authorities.

All escapees were facing treason charges. Singh accepted that the incident points to a major security lapse.

Look for latest news from India in NewsGram.

Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan recently instructed for more stringent security arrangements at all state facilities. (IANS)

Next Story

25 Transfers in 13 Years : ‘KBC Wali Madam’ Turns ‘Transfer Wali Madam’

Amita Singh Tomar, the now-harassed woman officer, has no corruption charges against her

0
37
KBC
Big B launch of tv show kaun banega crorepati season 7. Wikimedia

Bhopal, July 16, 2017: Conventionally, the average duration of a government officer’s stay in a posting has been around three years. But here is a woman officer who has been transferred 25 times in 13 years, that too without being assigned any reason for her being frequently shifted.

Amita Singh Tomar, the now-harassed woman officer, has no corruption charges against her.

The keen-watchers of the TV quiz show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC) might recall the way Bollywood super star Amitabh Bachchan was impressed with her as she went on answering the questions to win Rs 50 lakh in 2011.

Posted as Tehsildar in Biaora in Madhya Pradesh’s Rajgarh district, Tomar has now been transferred to Sidhi district.

Upset with the decision of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government, she tweeted: “This is my 25th transfer in 13 years of my career. Whenever I got transferred, I was sent 500 km away.”

Tomar told IANS on Friday that when applications were sought for transfer, she had opted for a transfer to the Gwalior-Chambal division, but she had been transferred to Sidhi instead.

She has now written to senior state officials and even approached Prime Minister Narendra Modi through Twitter to apprise him of her ordeal.

“I won Rs 50 lakh in the TV quiz show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC)’ in 2011 and the people then began to recognise me as ‘KBC Wali Madam’. But now I am known as ‘Transfer Wali Madam’ because of constant transfers,” she said.

Incidentally, Tomar has hit the headlines in the past as well, for reasons other than her frequent transfers.

During her posting in Raoti in Ratlam district in June 2016, she had written in Facebook: “When Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Afghanistan then the people there carrying the Indian national flag in their hands raised slogans of ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ and ‘Vande Mataram’.”

In the next lines, the woman officer requested PM Modi to launch a “Rajiv Gandhi Suicide Plan”, so that the Congressmen and those following secular ideology could commit suicide after reading such reports.

A controversy had then erupted over her Facebook post, following which she was transferred to Rajgarh district. (IANS)

 

Next Story

Raja Chari: Indian American Astronaut chosen by NASA

Raja Chari, an American of Indian descent, has been chosen by NASA as one of the 12 astronauts for a new space mission.

1
152
Raja Chari. Twitter.
  • Raja Chari is an American of Indian descent chosen by NASA for the new batch of astronauts
  • Currently, he is a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Air Force
  • Chari will have to go through two years of astronaut training which begins in August

June 06, 2017: NASA has chosen 12 astronauts out of a record-breaking 18,300 applications for upcoming space missions. An American of Indian descent, Raja Chari, has successfully earned his spot in the top 12.

The astronauts were selected on the basis of expertise, education, and physical tests. This batch of 12 astronauts is the largest group selected by NASA since two decades. The group consisting of 7 men and 5 women surpassed the minimum requirements of NASA.

Born in Waterloo, Iowa, Chari graduated from Air Force Academy in 1999 with a bachelor’s degree in Astronautical Engineering and Engineering Science. He went on to complete his master’s in Aeronautics and Astronautics from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The astronaut is also a graduate of US Naval Test Pilot School.

Currently, Raja Chari is a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Air Force. He is the commander of 461st Flight Test Squadron and director of the F-35 Integrated Test Force at Edwards Air Force Base in California.

After Late Kalpana Chawla, Lt. Col. Raja Chari is the second Indian American astronaut chosen by NASA.

The 12 astronauts will have to go through two years of training. Upon completion, they will be assigned their missions ranging from research at the International Space Station, launching from American soil on spacecraft by private companies, to flying on deep space missions on NASA’s Orion Spacecraft.

The US Vice-President Mike Pence visited the Johnson Space Centre in Houston to announce and congratulate the new batch. Pence also said that President Trump is “fully committed” to NASA’s missions in space.

by Saksham Narula of NewsGram. Twitter: @Saksham2393

Next Story

Over 5,000 Plant Varieties in Last 3 Years sent in by Tribal Farmers to protect the species : Minister

0
38
Tribal Farmers
tribal farmers submitted more than 5,000 plant varieties in last three years (representational Image). Wikimedia

New Delhi, June 8, 2017: Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh on Wednesday said tribal farmers submitted more than 5,000 plant varieties in last three years through Krishi Vigyan Kendras for registration at the Protection of Plant Variety and Farmers Rights Authority.

It will play an important role in the development of climate resilient and sustainable varieties in future, he said at the National Workshop on Empowerment of Farmers of Tribal Areas here.

“New technological innovations in agriculture must reach to the fields of tribal areas but before taking such steps we must keep in mind the unique conditions of these areas, which are the gift of nature and therefore, we should promote natural farming in those areas,” he said, as per an official release. (IANS)

NewsGram is a Chicago-based non-profit media organization. We depend upon support from our readers to maintain our objective reporting. Show your support by Donating to NewsGram. Donations to NewsGram are tax-exempt.