Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Buying a home is a dream accomplished. You put in the savings of your life and a piece of your heart in buying a home. Hence, there is no doubt that your home is one of your dearest and most expensive assets. So, when it comes to your home, you should not take any chance and should strive to keep it safe and protected always against all the perils.
To protect your home against all odds, what you need is a good home Insurance policy. Home Insurance is something that has become must-have in the present day and age. It is always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it is about your home. A home insurance policy gives protection to your home and its costly possessions.
What is Home Insurance?
Home insurance is a kind of property insurance that protects your home from different kinds of perils like accidents, damages, and thefts. A home insurance policy can be bought for a specific time period, which will be called as a term contract. Once this time period is over, you can get it renewed. Forgetting the protection under a comprehensive home insurance plan, the policyholder is required to pay the insurance provider a premium. The premium amount will depend on the location of the property and the tenure of insurance.
The Benefits of buying a Home Insurance
Buying a house is a costly affair. Any damage can ramshackle your home besides causing emotional and financial pain of reconstructing the home and re-buying the possessions. Truth be told, things cannot get more aching, trying and tedious than that. A house insurance policy protects you and your home from unfortunate circumstances, thus making the home insurance crucial. Let us look at the reasons why we should buy home insurance:
- It provides complete cover against the damage to your house or loss of house
- The loss of the contents like A.C., T.V., microwave, washing machine, music system, refrigerator, dishwasher, jewellery, baggage, etc. is also covered under the home insurance policy
- Any damage to the home or its content arising due to the natural or the man-made reasons will be covered.
- It also provides additional covers like theft in the house, fire, earthquake cover, etc.
- By providing financial aid, it empowers you to start afresh in the difficult times of social and economic distress.
- Provides peace of mind.
- It is simple to get subscribed to a home insurance policy.
- After the damage, the home insurance claims are simple to get. Timely payouts will help you put your life back on track.
What does Home Insurance Cover?
Though it may depend from company to company, but most of the time the following is included in a home insurance policy:
- Riot or strike
- Natural calamities like storm, cyclone, lightning, flood, and earthquake
- Burglary and Theft
- The contents or the possessions of the house are also covered against burglary or theft. The articles include domestic appliances, silverware, jewellery, precious stones, and other valuable items, with a condition that it was kept safe in the locker in your home.
- Aircraft damage
- Missile testing operations
For other inclusions, read the fine print of your home insurance policy online.
However, a home insurance policy may not include:
- Any cash lost from the home
- Loss or damage to the home or its articles due to the normal wear and tear and depreciation
- If the loss or damage has occurred due to the war or any invasion and act of a foreign country
- If the loss or damage has occurred due to the nuclear war
- The loss or damage or destruction occurring to the electronic gadget because of overuse or over-running or extreme pressure.
Are Natural Disasters Covered under the Home Insurance?
As you would have read above, a home insurance policy does cover the natural disasters. A comprehensive home insurance policy provides coverage to your home against the losses, destruction, and the damages that have happened due to the natural calamities.
As per a recent Business Standard report, the floods have affected about 34 million people in 280 districts, with thousands of deaths over the last year. We have seen enough devastation in the earthquake in Sikkim, the tsunami in South India, and Mumbai floods. Nature is unpredictable and uncontrollable, and the best you can do is to protect ourselves and your home and keep yourself ready for any impending exigency. One of the ways to prepare against these natural disasters, and to avoid suffering the financial loss, mental trauma, and the effort and time needed to rebuild the property, is by opting for a suitable home insurance policy online.
The list of natural calamities may include:
- Explosion and smoke
- Volcanic eruptions
- Forest fire
A comprehensive home insurance policy will protect your house and its contents. Most of the house insurance policies not only provide coverage against natural calamities but also bear the cost of accommodation during the emergency time of home damage. Therefore, having a home insurance policy is something you must do for the house that you call home.
Apple has acknowledged an issue where the "unlock with Apple Watch" feature might not work with its new iPhone 13 devices and promised to fix this issue with an upcoming software update. "You might see 'Unable to Communicate with Apple Watch' if you try to unlock your iPhone while wearing a face mask, or you might not be able to set up Unlock with Apple Watch," the iPhone maker said in the support document.
This issue will be fixed in an upcoming software update. Until the update is available, you can turn off Unlock with Apple Watch and use your passcode to unlock your iPhone 13. To turn off Unlock with Apple Watch, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
Earlier, multiple users found that they cannot unlock their iPhone 13 with the Apple Watch and instead received an error. User Monzilla88 on Reddit first reported the issue to the subreddit r/AppleWatch. They stated that both their iPhone 13 Pro and Apple Watch SE are up to date with the newest iOS and watchOS updates.
"Whenever I try to enable unlock with Apple Watch on my phone I get an error saying "Unable to communicate with Apple Watch," they posted. Monzilla88 claimed that they had tried unpairing and repairing, hard resetting both devices, turning on and off passcodes, but not no avail, the report said. More than 20 other users self-reported the same problem, with others noting that the feature works fine on iOS 15 on older models of iPhone, including the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the iPhone X. (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: iPhone 13, apple, watch, issue, update, face lock
The nursery rhyme Goosey Goosey Gander is filled with multiple meanings. It is another one of those rhymes believed to have emerged from the time of great persecution in England during the Reformation. It also holds a contemporary, colloquial meaning.
The original verse goes something like this:
Goosey goosey gander,
Whither shall I wander?
Upstairs and downstairs
And in my lady's chamber.
There I met an old man
Who wouldn't say his prayers,
So I took him by his left leg
And threw him down the stair (allnurseryrhymes.com)
There are other versions that deal with more specific ideas from which separate meanings have been interpreted.
Catholic priests being killed for continuing to keep the faith Image source: wikimedia commons
The primary interpretation is believed to be regarding the Catholic priests getting persecuted by King Henry VIII and his Protestant successors. Catholicism in England was frowned upon when King Henry established the Church of England. Anyone practicing Catholicism was put to death for treason. Many of the courtiers were hanged on this charge, and are noted in history as being martyrs for their faith.
Those who managed to practice their religion without being discovered did so in what was called a 'priest hole'. These were small rooms in the walls of a house that was covered by tapestry or a bookshelf. The required prayer instruments would be placed here, and the person would retire to this chamber at night, or at a time when they were not required elsewhere. The goose that wanders her mistress's house in the nursery rhyme discovers such a person, presumably a priest, and exposes him, or 'throws him down the stair'.
An alternative meaning to this rhyme originates from the lower class of England's population, a colloquial term used widely among the non-rich. The word 'goose' was used commonly to address a prostitute, and here, could possibly refer to a woman who has acquired an STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection). "Whither shall I wander?/ Upstairs and downstairs/ And in my lady's chamber," could be a reference to the spread of an infection that a man acquires from such a woman, which causes him to be ostracised from his community. It was quite common in England for an upper-classman to bed a lower-class woman in the society of those days.
It is rather interesting that such a practice would turn into folklore, and in turn, become a rhyme sung by little children all over the world. It has certain amusing images no doubt, but not without raising questions. England of the times of Reformation was certainly a dark place, with a terribly dark heritage.
Keywords: Heritage, Rhymes, Folklore, England, Reformation
Many individuals struggle with psychological distress at home because most of us spend the whole day doing nothing. Being trapped inside our homes may seem inconvenient, but if you have the time and patience, the time spent indoors offers the ideal chance to learn new abilities. Whether you want to transform your body by following a daily routine with the help of millions of tutorials available across platforms, or you want to learn coding, cooking, a new language, here are some skills you can learn from the comfort of your home.
- A new language: Learning a new language online from the comfort of one's own home is simple and relatively inexpensive, thanks to apps such as Duolingo and Busuu. Gaining knowledge of a new language improves your communication skills. It allows you to communicate with a more significant number of individuals and open new doors, and expand your perspectives. Although most of us cannot travel due to COVID-19 restrictions, do not allow that to stop you from upskilling yourself.
Gaining knowledge of a new language improves your communication skills. | Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash
- Writing: When it comes to skills, writing is one of the essential ones you may possess. It is the primary mode of communication for most people, particularly in this day and age with the internet, texting, and social media. Writing also has the added benefit of improving your public speaking abilities. Books, online courses, videos, and, of course, actual writing practice are all excellent resources for learning how to enhance your writing skills.
When it comes to skills, writing is one of the essential ones you may possess. | Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash
- Programming: Programming is one of the highest-paying professions available that does not require the completion of a Bachelor's degree. So even if you didn't pursue a degree in computer science in college, you may still benefit from this skill. Understanding the fundamentals of programming allows you to assist in the launch of an application, the optimization of a website for search engines, and the creation or editing of content. Many online platforms are available to assist you in learning to code. Recently, I also enrolled for C/C++ programming on Internshala.
Programming is one of the highest-paying professions available that does not require the completion of a Bachelor's degree. | Photo by Danial Igdery on Unsplash
ALSO READ: Which Is More Important- Degree or Skill?
- Typing Skill: Learning to type quickly and correctly will benefit you in a variety of ways throughout your life, and it should be regarded as a fundamental skill for anybody who intends to work with computers in the future. There are many websites that provide classes to help you learn the fundamentals, and then, after you have mastered the fundamentals, more advanced courses to help you improve your abilities further.
Learning to type quickly and correctly will benefit you in a variety of ways throughout your life. | Photo by Burst on Unsplash
- Video Editing: Video is unquestionably the most powerful marketing and promotional medium available for music, goods, services, news, and educational purposes. There is a strong possibility that video editing may become the next big thing. At the moment, video production does not need large financial investments; just having access to a computer is all that is required if you possess the right video editing skills. Besides YouTube, which has a large number of detailed videos on video editing, you may discover courses on Udemy and Lynda that can assist you in learning the necessary skills
There is a strong possibility that video editing may become the next big thing. | Photo by Ryan Snaadt on Unsplash
Another thing you may do when you're stuck at home is work on your personal development. We should all strive to improve ourselves as individuals. Here are some ways through which can understand the Significance Of Self-Love And How To Nurture It.
Keywords: Skills, home, COVID, pandemic, coding, language, typing, self-love, writing