Before the Internet, small businesses had a difficult time keeping up with large corporations in terms of sales and promotions, and SEO. The latter can allocate massive budgets on TV and billboard advertisements while the former relied mostly on word-of-mouth marketing by their loyal customers as well as quality customer service.
Nowadays, small businesses have leverage with the rise of digital marketing and search engine optimization (SEO). It has become more affordable to promote your products and services online. As a business owner, you can take advantage of this technology by taking classes on Web Marketing123 for Beginners and learning the ropes through several online resources.
If you’re still hesitant, here are some reasons why you should invest in SEO:
- It Boosts Organic Traffic
Organic traffic talks about the number of people who visits your website through unpaid search results as opposed to visitors who are directed to your page through paid advertising. SEO improves organic traffic since it increases your search engine ranking which gives it more exposure to potential clients and can result in a higher conversion rate.
A few pro SEO tips for you to boost organic traffic:
- Create relevant and current content to attract and keep your target audience engaged
- Optimize anchor texts and backlinks to connect with brands related to your business
- Share your posts on social media to reach potential customers on various platforms
- It Lends Credibility to Your Company
One of SEO’s goals is to lay a sturdy foundation for your site and make it easily discoverable when your target market searches for relevant keywords online. However, building your customers’ trust for your company does not happen in an instant. It takes time and effort to be able to establish your brand as an expert in your particular industry. That’s why SEO is a worthy investment because it is a valuable tool in helping you achieve that goal.
- It Increases Brand Awareness
Unlike large corporations whose brands are already household names, it’s a struggle for small businesses to get their names known by people all over the world. SEO can help with this issue since it utilizes the power of the Internet to reach a global audience. This means that, even if you’re based in the United States, consumers from Europe, Asia, and Africa can enjoy your products and services.
How does SEO increase brand awareness? It does this through:
- Content Marketing – This marketing involves the production of blog posts, videos, and posts on social media that do not directly promote a brand but builds interest in a business’ products or services. With exceptional content and a carefully planned strategy, you can let people know what your brand can contribute to enhancing their quality of life.
- Longtail Keywords – SEO gives you an idea about what your target audience searches for. With this, you can craft content that incorporates these keywords so that potential customers will learn about your company through search engine results.
- Customer Engagement – SEO allows you to interact with your consumers. They can even help promote your brand by sharing your content on their social media profiles.
- It Gives You Value for Your Money
SEO is a cost-effective digital marketing tool. This means that you get more bang out of your buck with this tactic compared to other methods. SEO’s return on investment can be likened to that of the stock market where your keywords serve as your stocks and you wait for the value of those stocks to increase over time.
- It Provides Great Results in the Long Run
Similar to starting your business, SEO requires time and effort in building up traffic for your website. If you want to achieve remarkable results in three to five years, you better start laying the foundations now. Nonetheless, persevere through the rises and falls of your keywords’ effectiveness. There will be times when your keywords won’t work for your brand but over time these are guaranteed to boost your sales and profits as long as you do the best practices of SEO.
- It Brings New Opportunities for Growth
Several factors affect your search engine rankings. SEO can identify those elements and allow you to enhance them to bring more opportunities for your company’s growth. There are times when people use your keywords, but they aren’t searching for your specific product or service. Having them see your brand on the first page of the results for the phrase they searched is an excellent way of gaining new customers all brought to you by SEO.
SEO is beneficial for your business since it improves your brand’s online presence. Invest in finding the right people who can help you attract your target audience, engage with them, and convert them into paying customers. Good SEO lets you understand your customers and stay miles ahead of your competitors.