Tuesday December 11, 2018
Home Politics China’s...

China’s stand on McMohan Line is an act of hypocrisy: Ajit Doval

0
//
http://indilens.com/ajit-kumar-doval-appointed-national-security-advisor/
Republish
Reprint

By NewsGram Staff Writer

“The settlement of the border issue is ‘critical’ for India-China ties,” said National Security Adviser Ajit Doval on Friday.

Speaking at a Border Security Force (BSF) function, Doval expressed his concern over the McMahon line that passes over Tawang region in India.

“We have got 3,488-km long border, a very difficult and mountainous terrain snow-clad. Now for the bilateral relations with China, border is the critical and vital issue,” Doval said during the event.

He mentioned that though Modi’s visit will improve the friendly relation with China, but there should be no negotiation regarding the border issues.

“We are particularly concerned about the Eastern sector where the claims have been made on Tawang (in Arunachal Pradesh) which is totally in contravention of accepted principles,” Doval said. He also said that China was ready to accept the McMohan Line on its border settlement with Myanmar but not with India, calling it an act of hypocrisy.

“The fact is that there is settled population in these areas particularly in Tawang and other areas which have been participating in the national mainstream all through,” said Doval.

“So, these are the ticklish issues. But these ticklish issues have to be talked about, deliberated and worked out,” he said, adding that there was a need for working out a “larger plan for tackling China.”

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 NewsGram

Next Story

OPPO Showcases 5G Prototype of its Find X Smartphone in China

OPPO said it was also in talks with telecom service providers in Europe, Australia and other overseas markets, with plans to launch commercial 5G products next year

0
OPPO
OPPO unveils 5G prototype of Find X smartphone. (Wikimedia Commons)

Chinese smartphone maker OPPO said it showcased in China a 5G prototype of its flagship Find X smartphone.

The OPPO Find X 5G prototype, powered by Snapdragon 855 and X50 5G modem, was unveiled at the 2018 China Mobile Global Partners Conference, which was held here from December 6-8.

“We are confident OPPO will be one of the first companies to launch commercial 5G smartphones in 2019,” said Brian Shen, OPPO Global Vice President and President of China Business.

OPPO said it would work together with industry partners worldwide to develop a new 5G ecosystem.

At the event, OPPO, chip-making giant Qualcomm and Keysight Technologies Inc., a leading electronic measurement company, demonstrated 5G data connectivity and applications including browsing, online video replay and video call using the Find X 5G prototype, the handset maker said.

OPPO
OPPO said it would work together with industry partners worldwide to develop a new 5G ecosystem. (IANS)

The OPPO Find X flagship smartphone was launched earlier this year.

In building a 5G ecosystem, OPPO said it would continue deepening its collaboration with Qualcomm, network infrastructure manufacturers, telecom service providers and other supply chain partners.

Also Read- Here’s How Exercise Can Help Breast Cancer Survivors

In China, OPPO is in a strategic partnership with China Mobile to accelerate the commercialisation of 5G devices and build a new ecosystem for the 5G industry through China Mobile’s “5G Device Forerunner Initiative”.

OPPO said it was also in talks with telecom service providers in Europe, Australia and other overseas markets, with plans to launch commercial 5G products next year. (IANS)