Thursday January 24, 2019
Home U.S.A. Clinton&#8217...

Clinton’s Pneumonia diagnosis forces other candidates to make their health records public

Trump at 68 and Hillary at 70 are one of the oldest candidates contesting the US elections, this inevitably builds a pressure on both of them to make their health records public

1
//
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Image Source: Wikimedia Commons
  • The democratic candidate’s doctor said that Hillary had complained of a prolonged cough on Friday and was diagnosed with pneumonia
  • Her Republican opponent,Donald Trump,reacted by saying he hopes Clinton gets well soon
  • Pressure is inevitably building on both the candidates to make their health records public

USA, September 12, 2016 : After Clinton’s Pneumonia diagnosis was made public on Sunday in a 9/11 commemoration event the questions of the health of both the candidates is now in spotlight.

A spokesman announced late Sunday she would not be making the previously planned trip that had included fundraisers and a speech about the economy on Monday and Tuesday.

The democratic candidate’s doctor said that Hillary had complained of a prolonged cough on Friday and was diagnosed with pneumonia. Later on Sunday, She left the memorial service on Sunday looking rather distressed because of her condition.

Lisa Barack, her doctor said that,”She was put on antibiotics and advised to rest and modify her schedule. While at this morning’s event, she became overheated and dehydrated. I have just examined her and she is now re-hydrated and recovering nicely.”

Follow NewsGram on Facebook

Her Republican opponent,Donald Trump,reacted by saying he hopes Clinton gets well soon.”I hope she gets well and gets back on the trail and we’ll be seeing her in the debate,” Trump said, referring to their scheduled first face-to-face encounter on September 26.

Last year,Trump released a letter from a physician claiming he would be “the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency”which the Republicans are putting forward in stark contrast with Hillary Clinton’s concussion incident of 2012 when questioned about stamina of both the candidates. Although the doctor in Trump’s case has since acknowledged he dashed off the note in five minutes while a Trump campaign limousine waited nearby and Hillary has been given a clean chit by her doctors.

Either way, the fact that Trump at 68 and Hillary at 70 are one of the oldest candidates contesting the US elections and so the pressure is inevitably building on both of them to make their health records public. (VOA)

  • Krishna Rao

    Don’t trust either of them.

Next Story

International Conference On Border Security By U.S. State Department Cancelled Due To Shutdown

Trump is demanding $5.7 billion to build a wall along part of the U.S.-Mexico border that he says is crucial for U.S. national security.

0
USA
People enter the State Department building in Washington, Jan. 26, 2017. VOA

An international conference on border security that was to be hosted by the State Department has been canceled, due to the partial shutdown of the U.S. government over border security.

 

USA, Wall, Mexico, trump
A U.S. Border Patrol agent looks at one of border wall prototypes in San Diego, June 28, 2018. VOA

 

The State Department said 250 experts on export control and border security from 85 countries were expected to participate in the conference scheduled for mid-February in Edinburgh, Scotland.

CNN was the first to report that the director of the State Department’s Office of Export Control Cooperation, Kathryn Insley, sent a letter Jan. 16 to at least 55 U.S. embassies and missions worldwide, asking them to let officials in their countries know the conference has been called off.

The letter said the decision was made because of the “uncertainty associated with the continuing partial U.S. federal government shutdown.” Insley’s letter stated officials “are working to identify alternative dates” and would be in contact with participants “as soon as we are operational again.”

Wall, USA
President Donald Trump reviews border wall prototypes in San Diego, March 13, 2018. VOA

“In light of the very limited funding available during the lapse in appropriations, the Department will exercise judicious use of limited, remaining resources,” a State Department spokesperson told The Hill newspaper. “Travel, hiring, contracting, public affairs, and other activities will continue to operate in a constrained manner.”

Also Read: The Great U.S. Government Shutdown

The partial government shutdown has extended into its 32nd day, affecting more than 800,000 federal workers across the country.

Border security is at the center of the fight between U.S. President Donald Trump and the Democrats that has paralyzed a quarter of the federal government.

Trump is demanding $5.7 billion to build a wall along part of the U.S.-Mexico border that he says is crucial for U.S. national security. The Democrats have refused his demand, creating a stalemate. (VOA)