After a wait of 17 long years, the Miss World crown finally came back to India, adorned on the head of beautiful, Manushi Chhillar.
Miss World pageant is one of the oldest running beauty pageants in the world. This year saw its 67th edition organised in Sanya, China, where Manushi became the 6th Indian to win the prestigious, Miss World title, creating a tie between India and Venezuela for the most Miss Universe titles win.
Manushi Chhillar, currently 20 years old, was born to Mitra Basu Chhillar, a scientist by profession and Neelam Chhillar, Associate Professor of Neurochemistry, on 14th May 1997, in Sonipat, Haryana, India. She has a brother and sister named Dalmitra and Devangana respectively. Her family supported her fully and Manushi cites her mother as her biggest support system and inspiration.
Despite being born in Haryana, she studied in New Delhi’s one of the most coveted schools, St. Thomas. She was an All India CBSE topper of English and was pursuing her Bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery at Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women, Sonipat before taking part and winning the Femina Miss India 2017 title.
Manushi Chhillar took part in Femina Miss india, 2017 beauty pageant representing Haryana and won Miss Photogenic along with the primary title, earning her chance of representing India in the Miss World 2017 competition.
This Miss World from India is much more than just beauty. She is known as extremely diligent, caring and loving person, full of positivity and zest for life.
Along with Miss Universe title, she has also won the head to head challenge of group 9 in the competition and was the co-winner of Beauty with a Purpose competition. She was also a semifinalist in the Top Model, People’s Choice, and Multimedia competitions.
Here are some other lesser-known facts about Miss World 2017, Manushi Chhillar you might not know:
- Manushi Chillar’s Beauty with a Purpose project was Project Shakti. The project’s goal was to spread awareness about menstrual hygiene in India. She visited about 20 villages for the project and treated over 5,000 women, during this project.
- She also roped in Government of Haryana to contribute 18 Crore rupees for purchasing sanitary napkins for the school going girls as a part of her Project.
- She is a trained Kuchipudi dancer, trained by none other than the legendary dancers, Raja and Radha Reddy and Kaushalya Reddy.
- Maushi Chhillar’s favourite quote is, “The sky is the limit. We are limitless and so are our dreams, we must never doubt ourselves.” An apt proof of her sky-high aspirations and her equally strong determination to achieve them.
- She cites Priyanka Chopra as one of her favourite actors and inspirations. Priyanka Chopra won the Miss Universe title in 2000, before her.
- She also cites, Sushmita Sen, former Miss Universe, as one of her role models.
- During Femina Miss India, she was trained by Former Miss India, Neha Dhupia, and she has expressed her gratitude for Dhupia on more than one occasions.
- Manushi also attended The National School of Drama, she has herself admitted her love for being on the stage from a very young age.
- Manushi Chhillar was also a student of Aakash Coaching Institute where she took coaching for her Medical Entrance Exam.
- In 2017, Manushi Chillar’s Instagram account was one of the most searched in the world and she was one of the Google’s topmost trending personality of 2017.
- As a kid, Manushi was a huge fan of horse-riding.
- Manushi Chhillar has also been made Brand ambassador for Anemia Free Haryana.
- Manushi Chhillar’s list of awards and achievements is long, including the Special Achievement Award at the 2017 CNN-IBN Indian of the Year.
- She keeps it classy, her favourite song from 1950’s is Kishore Kumar’s “Chodd do anchal.”
- She says her favourite politician is, Narendra Modi and her favourtie model is, Reita Faria.
- She is a fan of Aamir Khan and has cited ‘Dangal’ as one of her most favourite movies.
- The Miss World from India is also a big fan of Hugh Jackman and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- The Miss World 2017 is multi-talented. Not only she is a trained dancer, but she also loves to write poetry.
- She has mentioned before that painting relaxes her. She is also a lover of beaches.
- She is no damsel in distress, Manushi is a lover of adventure sports like scuba diving, bungee jumping, parasailing, etc.
- Manushi is also a nature lover and loves to travel and see natural beauty around her.
Manushi Chhillar has proved herself more than just a mere pageant winner. She is not only beauty with brains but much more with her exquisite personality and interests. She has made India proud and there is no doubt that she will continue to do so in future too.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 NewsGram