Nellore, November 16, 2016: Former Indian cricket captain and Rajya Sabha member Sachin Tendulkar has expressed happiness over the transformation of Puttamraju Kandrika, a village adopted by him in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh.
NewsGrambrings to you latest new stories in India.
Two years after he adopted the village, Sachin visited it on Wednesday and inaugurated various development works completed at a cost of Rs.2.79 crore under his MP Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) funds.
“I am satisfied with the complete transformation of the village,” the batting legend said after inaugurating a community centre.
The former India captain distributed cricket kits among the village youth and interacted with a few families about the development of the village.
Go to NewsGram and check out news related to political current issues
He stressed the need for united efforts by all to make the central government’s ‘Swachh Bharat’ initiative a success.
Sachin also assured all assistance to the authorities’ plan to build a stadium here. He said the facility should be used not just for cricket but to promote other sports as well.
He also promised to provide Rs.90 lakh under the MPLADS for development of Gollapally village in the same district.
NEW DELHI: Rohit Sharma’s blazing knock of unbeaten 208 has once again defined his approach towards the Cricket and the way he enjoys his stay at the crease. Recently, he achieved the classical knock of unbeaten 208 on a very special occasion which was his marriage anniversary and dedicated his masterstroke to his wife, who was also present in the stadium at that time.
Rohit has set altogether new benchmarks in the Cricketing world which are undoubtedly formidable records to look up by any youngster. He is unstoppable at the moment and one of the most formidable players going around in the Indian cricket. Once he hits the race peddle, it’s really become an arduous task for the bowlers to hold him down.
With his recent success, Rohit Sharma would be in right frame of mind before moving into New Year and also for any further tours. He started the year with an injury but folded the year with some Midas touch. His batting graph didn’t seem to bog down by the bowling attack of any Cricketing side right now.
During some of the past glorious years, Rohit Sharma has been the run machine for team India and willfully justifies his role as a vice-captain of the team. Through his talent and hard work, he has been able to erect some huge batting records and milestones against his name which doesn’t seem to be challenged by anyone at least in the near future.
Even the ICC went gaga over his performance and congratulated him on his new amazing feat.
No other player has more than one ODI 200… @ImRo45 now has THREE!
Let’s take a look at some of the interesting facts related to the Hit-Man of the Men in Blue.
1. In the year 2015, Rohit was been awarded Arjuna Award for his excellence in the Cricket.
2. Before representing India, Rohit used to play for Indian Oil. After proving his mettle in Ranji matches, he got a chance in the playing eleven of the Indian Cricket team.
3. Rohit Sharma is the only second Indian player after Sourav Ganguly to score a century in a knock out match in the ICC World Cup history
4. Rohit Sharma was first Indian to score a century in any T20 match played in India. He scored 101* off 45 balls against Gujarat in the 2006-07 edition of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 cup
5. Rohit Sharma became the 1st cricketer to score three double centuries in the ODI matches. Apart from him, no one has even scored the second double hundreds of their career. Interestingly, Sachin Tendulkar was the first cricketer to score a double century in the one day format.
6. Rohit Sharma is the only player who has played four finals of the IPL and won all the times with their respective teams. One stint was with Deccan Chargers and the rest three were with the Mumbai Indians.
7. Rohit Sharma’s score of 208 is the second highest individual score by any captain, only next to Virender Sehwag’s 219 which he scored against West Indies in 2011. During this inning only, Rohit also broke Sir Vivian Richard’s record score of 181, the highest score as a captain.
8. Rohit Sharma is the second Indian to score a century in all three formats of the game. The first player to reach this milestone was Suresh Raina during the 2010 ICC T20 World cup.
9. Rohit holds the record for the highest Individual score by a batsman in an ODI format. He scored 264 against Sri Lanka and got out at the very last ball of the Indian’s inning.
10. Surprisingly, he also has a bowling hat-trick to his name. He did it in IPL when he was the member of Deccan Chargers team.
11. Rohit Sharma made a dream debut in test cricket with a score of 177 which is the second best after Shikhar Dhawan. He also became the third Indian to score two back to back centuries in first two tests that he played, only after Sourav Ganguly and Mohammad Azharuddin.
12. Rohit has hit the highest number of sixes during his innings of 209 runs. In that match, he sent the ball sixteen times over the boundary rope.
13. The first T20 match that Rohit played was against South Africa and was a must-win game for India. He opened the innings and his career with a fifty to his name.
14. The most number of fours scored in an innings is also struck by Rohit Sharma during his blistering innings of 264 against Sri Lanka in 2014. During his stay at the crease, he hit 33 fours.
15. The match in which Rohit Sharma scored 264 runs, Sri Lanka’s total score was 251. So, if we see technically then he single-handedly won that match by 13 runs.