Wednesday February 20, 2019
Home Uncategorized Hindu America...

Hindu American Shalabh “Shalli” Kumar shots into prominence by donating mega amount to Donald Trump

Shalabh Shalli Kumar had founded Republican Hindu Coalition several months back He and his wife have pledged a total amount of $898,00 (Double Max)

0
//
Shalabh Salil Kumar with Donald Trump. Picture from Facebook

July 19, 2016: CLEVELAND, USA:

Chicago-based wealthy industrialist and Founder of Republican Hindu Coalition Shalabh “Shalli” Kumar has emerged as a mega-donor to Donald Trump campaign. Last week, he flew directly from India and met Trump at a mansion in Hamptons.

After meeting the Republican Presidential nominee, Kumar said that he was greatly impressed with Mr. Trump and particularly his tough stand on Pakistan, a country notoriously prominent as a major hub for Islamic terrorism.

 Soon after Kumar donated USD 449, 400 to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign,  the maximum amount permissible by an individual donor. Not only that, Kumar announced that his wife will donate the equal amount, thus raising the total to 898,000- called “Double Max’ in fundraising circle. This puts Kumar as one of the biggest financial patrons to the Republican nominee.

Several months ago, Mr. Kumar had  founded the Republican Hindu Coalition.

Later Kumar hosted a breakfast reception for Newt Gingrich, the former Speaker of the US House of Representatives and a close aide of Trump.

Shalabh Kumar believes that this is just the beginning. He said: “This is just the beginning. This is the seed money.” Kumar plans to donate $2 Millions to Trump’s campaign from his personal kitty.

“That’s just a start. That’s the seed money,” Kumar said.

Kumar applauded Trump for his policies on Pakistan and his views on Muslim profiling. During their meeting, Kumar was especially won over by Trump’s tough words for Pakistan, India’s neighbor and nemesis; and the businessman praised Trump’s views on Muslim profiling.

“The way the Muslim religion is being practiced today — it’s not the religion but the way it is being practiced today — there’s something wrong,” Kumar observed.

“The policy setting is that we need to have a lot of scrutiny. I totally agree with [former Speaker] Newt Gingrich [R-Ga.]: Mosques should be monitored completely, vetting should be taking place. … I am totally for profiling. If you need to profile, what is the fuss?

“He has to do whatever [it takes] and he is the strongest that has come about in the last 45 years. … On national defense, he will be stronger than Reagan,” Kumar added.

According to a news published in US-based The Hill, Trump told Kumar in their meeting that Pakistan cannot be trusted as a U.S. ally, and he talked about how Osama bin Laden was housed on Pakistani soil when he was found and killed by U.S. forces.

Trump impressed Kumar further by telling him he wanted to strengthen the U.S.-India relationship and improve trade between the countries to counteract the rise of China.

“He has to do whatever [it takes] and he is the strongest that has come about in the last 45 years. On national defence, he will be stronger than Reagan (former president Ronald Wilson Reagan),” Kumar said.

Kumar owns AVG Advanced Technologies that manufactures electronic products. He thinks that the 21 century belongs to India and USA.

Geert Wilders – a prominent Dutch Parliamentarian and a right wing activist had all the praise for Shalabh Kumar.

 

Next Story

U.S. President Donald Trump Calls On California For Challenging Border Wall Declaration

"President Trump treats the rule of law with utter contempt," California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said. "He knows there is no border crisis. He knows his emergency declaration is unwarranted, and he admits that he will likely lose this case in court."

0
Donald Trump
President Donald Trump speaks during an event at the White House to declare a national emergency in order to build a wall along the southern border, Feb. 15, 2019, in Washington. VOA

U.S. President Donald Trump targeted the western U.S. state of California Tuesday for its leading role in a multi-state lawsuit contesting his declaration of a national emergency to obtain funding for his proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

On Twitter, Trump cited California Governor Gavin Newsome’s cancellation last week of a high-speed rail line between Los Angeles and San Francisco, claiming, without evidence, the cancellation was due to “world record setting” cost overruns.

Trump followed with another tweet after 16 states sued his administration over his declaration of a national emergency to get funds to build a border wall. Attorneys general, led by California, filed their lawsuit late Monday in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.

The complaint alleges the emergency declaration is illegal and unconstitutional, and that it harms the states and their residents by taking money away from anti-drug programs, military construction projects and other law enforcement efforts.

FILE - California Attorney General Xavier Becerra (R), accompanied by Gov. Gavin Newsom, announce their intent to sue the Trump administration over an emergency declaration to fund a border wall, Feb. 15, 2019, in Sacramento, California.
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra (R), accompanied by Gov. Gavin Newsom, announce their intent to sue the Trump administration over an emergency declaration to fund a border wall, Feb. 15, 2019, in Sacramento, California. VOA
 

The lawsuit asks the court to permanently prohibit the Trump administration from diverting funds from elsewhere in the government to construct a border wall, or to build a wall without Congress appropriating money for that purpose.

“President Trump treats the rule of law with utter contempt,” California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said. “He knows there is no border crisis. He knows his emergency declaration is unwarranted, and he admits that he will likely lose this case in court.”

Becerra accused Trump of engaging in “theater” and hyping a crisis because he failed to get Congress or Mexico to pay for the wall.

An environmental group and three Texas landowners across whose property the wall would be built have already filed lawsuits.

The White House has not yet responded to the states’ lawsuit. But it had anticipated court challenges to the emergency declaration.

Trump said he declared the national emergency because he was unhappy with the amount of money Congress authorized for border security.

“I want to do it faster,” he said when he announced his declaration last week. “I could do the wall over a longer period of time. I didn’t need to do this. But I’d rather do it much faster” — words that could come back to haunt the administration in court.

Journalist Bob Woodward, who chronicled the first year of the Trump presidency in his best-selling book “Fear,” told Fox News he believes Trump made the national emergency declaration because “he looks strong. He looks tough to lots of people.”

FILE - A new barrier is built along the Texas-Mexico border near downtown El Paso, Jan. 22, 2019.
A new barrier is built along the Texas-Mexico border near downtown El Paso, Jan. 22, 2019. VOA
 

Trump centered much of his 2016 presidential campaign on a vow to build the wall and make Mexico pay for it. After he was elected, he said he never meant that Mexico would write a check for a wall, but that the money would come from the benefits from a new North American trade deal.

Also Read: Bernie Sanders Joins 2020 Presidential Election’s Marathon

Mexican leaders have said under no circumstances would they pay for a border wall. Trump has since shifted the focus on winning congressional funding. (VOA)