Tuesday January 22, 2019
Home Uncategorized Hunt Continue...

Hunt Continues for a 7-year-old boy left in the Japanese Forest as a punishment by Parents

During police investigations, the boy's parents have admitted that they had left him deliberately in the forest to “discipline” him for throwing stones at cars and people earlier in the day.

0
//
Forest in Japan. Image source: Wikimedia Commons
  • 7-year-old Yamato was left as a punishment in the forest
  • The boy disappeared in the mountains of Hokkaido, Japan 
  • 180 police officer and firefighter are searching for the 7 year old

The search for the 7 year old boy has entered its fourth day on Tuesday, as he disappeared in the bear inhabited mountains of Hokkaido, Japan. The boy was named Yamato Tanooka was left in the forest of Hokkaido by his parents as a punishment.

About 180 police officer and firefighter are searching for the 7 year old in the bear inhabited forest.

Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgram1

Yamato’s parents initially claimed that their son has disappeared while they were picking wild vegetables but during police investigations, they have admitted that they had left him deliberately in the forest to “discipline” him for throwing stones at cars and people earlier in the day.

A map showing Hokaaido. Image source: Wikipedia
A map showing Hokaaido. Image source: Wikipedia

Yamato was asked to leave the car by his parents and they drove 500 metres and halted. But when the boy’s father walked back to collect him about five minutes later, he had disappeared. The boy was dressed in T-shirt and jeans with no food and water.

His father Takayuki in his comments said “I feel very sorry for my son. I am so sorry for causing trouble for so many people.”

The area where he disappeared is located on Japan’s northernmost main island of Hokkaido.

According to The Japan Times“His parents originally told the police that he got lost while the family was walking in the area to pick wild vegetables.

The boy’s 44-year-old father, Takayuki Tano-oka, eventually told the police they left the boy in the mountains on the way home from a park after scolding him for throwing stones at cars on a nearby road.

Follow NewsGram on Facebook: NewsGram.com

“The parents left the boy in the mountains as punishment,’ the police spokesman said. ‘They said they went back to the site immediately, but the boy was no longer there.”

Many people took it twitter and said “I’m a parent too, so I understand (about discipline), but that was going way too far.”

“This is not punishment, but abuse!” read one post, while another said: “The parents are so stupid … I am speechless.”

-by Bhaskar Raghavendran

Bhaskar is a graduate in Journalism and mass communication and a reporter at NewsGram. Twitter handle: bhaskar_ragha

ALSO READ:

Next Story

Nissan’s Former Chairman Seeks Bail

Ghosn and Kelly have denied all charges. Nissan said it regretted any concern caused to its stakeholders

0
Nissan
A court sketch, drawn by Nobutoshi Katsuyama, shows ousted Nissan Motor Co Ltd chairman Carlos Ghosn during an open hearing at Tokyo District Court in Japan, Jan. 8, 2019.(voa)

Nissan’s former Chairman Carlos Ghosn has requested his release on bail after being indicted in Tokyo Friday on two new charges, his lawyers said, as the once-feted auto executive awaits a lengthy criminal trial that could be as long as six months away.

Ghosn was the overlord of an alliance that included Nissan Motor, Mitsubishi Motors and France’s Renault, until his surprise November arrest and removal as chairman of both Japanese automakers sent shockwaves through the industry.

The former executive, lauded for rescuing Nissan from the financial brink two decades ago, was charged with aggravated breach of trust for temporarily transferring personal investment losses to Nissan in 2008.

Ghosn, former Representative Director Greg Kelly and Nissan itself were also charged for understating Ghosn’s income for three years through March 2018. The three parties have been indicted for the same charge covering the years 2010-2015.

Ghosn and Kelly have denied all charges. Nissan said it regretted any concern caused to its stakeholders.

japan
Japan

Bail is rare

It is rare in Japan for defendants who deny their charges to be granted bail ahead of trial. Kelly posted bail on Christmas Day and is unable to leave Japan without special permission.

Ghosn’s lawyer, Motonari Otsuru, expects his client to be held until trial, which he said could begin in about six months.

If bail is granted, Ghosn, who is suffering from fever, according to his lawyer, would not likely be released until Tuesday given that Monday is public holiday.

Kelly, a Ghosn ally, was hospitalized for treatment of a pre-existing neck problem after his release and has since been discharged, said his lawyer Yoichi Kitamura.

“This second indictment for Kelly comes as no surprise as it merely makes what was a five year period for the first into eight years,” Kitamura said.

Kitamura said he expects Ghosn and Kelly to be tried together on the two charges of understating income, and that he will work closely with Ghosn’s legal team.

Nissan complaint

Also Friday, Nissan said it had filed a criminal complaint against its former leader.

The automaker, in a statement, said it filed the complaint “on the basis of Ghosn’s misuse of a significant amount of the company’s funds. Nissan does not in any way tolerate such misconduct and calls for strict penalties.”

Ghosn, 64, appeared in court Tuesday for the first time since his arrest, looking thinner and grayer. He denied the allegations, calling them “meritless” and “unsubstantiated.”

He said he had asked Nissan to temporarily take on his foreign exchange contracts after the 2008-2009 financial crisis prompted his bank to call for more collateral. He said he did so to avoid having to resign and use his retirement allowance for collateral.

Also Read-Travel Ban Imposed on Pakistan Peoples Party Leaders Continues

Ghosn’s lawyer Otsuru on Tuesday said Nissan had agreed to the arrangement on condition that any losses or gains would be Ghosn’s. Ghosn said the contracts were transferred back to him and that Nissan did not incur a loss.

On Thursday, the boards of Nissan and controlling shareholder Renault, where Ghosn remains chairman, met for an update on the matter. Nissan later said it remained committed to the alliance. (VOA)