Tuesday May 22, 2018
Home India IAF’s M...

IAF’s MIG-27 Fighter Jet crashes near Jodhpur in Rajasthan

The Mig-27 fighter jet was on a routine sortie when the accident took place leaving at least two injured near Jodhpur air base

0
//
527
A Mig-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF). Image source: Wikimedia Commons
Republish
Reprint
  • The  Mig-27 fighter jet was on a routine sortie when the accident occurred
  • To investigate the accident, a court of enquiry has been ordered
  • Rafale jets and the indigenously-built Light Combat Aircraft ‘Tejas’ will be introduced within 2 years

On Monday, June 13, a Mig-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) has crashed near Jodhpur in Rajasthan, said officials. Even though the aircraft crashed, the pilot ejected safely from the aircraft.

In a statement, Defence Public Relations Officer (PRO) Manish Ojha said, “An IAF MIG-27 aircraft crashed near Jodhpur on Monday at about 11.30 a.m. The aircraft was airborne from Jodhpur airbase and was on a routine training sortie. The pilot ejected safely.”

Follow NewsGram on Facebook- NewsGram2

The  Mig-27 fighter jet was on a routine sortie when the accident took place leaving at least two injured near Jodhpur air base. MiG-27 jets are known to be IAF’s one of the oldest of aircrafts and will be discontinued soon.

Last year in 2015, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said to a news channel that all MIG-27s which have not been upgraded will be phased out in the next couple of years after the introduction of Rafale jets and the indigenously-built Light Combat Aircraft ‘Tejas’.

To investigate the accident, a court of enquiry has been ordered, said Ojha.

Follow NewsGram on Twitter- @NewsGram1

“A house has been damaged while some nearby houses have reported cracks. However, no casualty or serious injuries have been reported to anyone from the area where the plane crashed,” a police official told IANS on phone from Jodhpur. (IANS)

ALSO READ:

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Court to pronounce decision on Salman’s bail on Saturday

According to informed sources, the judge asked for more documents, such as files of previous cases heard by Rural and High Courts before he takes a decision on the actor's bail plea

0
//
33
Salman Khan
Salman Khan. wikimedia commons

Bollywood actor Salman Khan will spend another night in a prison here after a court on Friday decided to reserve its order on his bail plea until Saturday.

District and Sessions Court Judge Ravindra Kumar Joshi reserved the bail hearing in a 1998 blackbuck poaching case in which the Bollywood superstar was convicted on Thursday and was sentenced to five years imprisonment.

The defence and prosecution will present their arguments at 10.30 a.m. on Saturday. According to informed sources, the judge asked for more documents, such as files of previous cases heard by Rural and High Courts before he takes a decision on the actor’s bail plea.

Salman’s case was presented in the sessions court on Friday by senior advocate Mahesh Bora, who came with a 51-page bail application.

Tiger Zinda Hai movie ratings and reviews
Salman Khan may or may not get a bail.. IANS

He said the witnesses’ statement should not be trusted in the case as they raise a benefit of doubt and questioned why only Salman had been convicted out of all co-accused.

Salman and other Bollywood stars Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam allegedly went hunting on October 1-2 in 1998 outside a forest reserve near Kankani village in Jodhpur while shooting for “Hum Saath Saath Hain” in 1998.

While Salman was found guilty, the four co-stars and a local, Dushyant Singh, were acquitted.

Chief Judicial Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri convicted Salman under Section 9/51 of the Wildlife Protection Act. Salman is lodged in the Jodhpur Central Jail as “Qaidi No. 106”. IANS

Next Story