Saturday May 25, 2019
Home Business Karnataka app...

Karnataka approves nine IT projects to generate more jobs

0
//

Bengaluru: The Karnataka government on Monday cleared nine IT projects with a combined investment of Rs.3,097 crore, including a proposal by global chip maker Intel’s Indian subsidiary.

The state high-level clearance committee, chaired by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, cleared four major IT projects, with combined investment of Rs.2,957 cores, while the single window clearance cell, chaired by IT Minister S.R. Patil, cleared five projects with the combined investment of Rs.140 crore,

Intel will invest Rs.1,100 crore to set up its second computer software development centre and hardware design services facility in the city’s southeast suburb with job potential for 3,000 engineers.

Velankani Electronics Ltd will invest Rs.1,130 crore in the electronics city to expand its capacity to make electronic products and generate jobs for 2,400 people.

Saltire Developers Ltd to invest Rs.463 crore for setting up a special economic zone (SEZ) for IT/IT-enabled services with job potential for 25,000 people.

Amin Properties will invest Rs.265 crore to set up a SEZ at Devanahalli near the city’s airport for IT/IT-enabled services with job potential for 8,000 people.

The five other IT projects are from Alisa Agency (Rs.14 crore), Regen Environ Management Services (Rs.7 crore), Itwine Technologies (Rs.7.5 crore), Sol Biz Consulting Ltd (Rs.16.5 crore) and Hical Technologies (Rs.95 crore) with a combined job potential for 1,355 people.

The approvals come two days ahead of the global investors meet (GIM) from Wednesday in the city to attract global investments in diverse sectors.

(Inputs from IANS)

(Picture Courtesy: finalreport.in)

Next Story

Apple Wanted to Buy Intel’s Phone-modem Chip Business: Report

Intel had been working on a chipset for the iPhone maker, with the chip expected to be part of iPhones by 2020

0
Apple, women
The Apple logo is shown outside the company's Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California. VOA

Apple held talks with chip-maker Intel about acquiring its smartphone-modem chip business in a multi-billion dollar deal to ramp up the development of wireless technology for iPhones, the media reported.

According to a report in The Wall Street Journal on Friday, the two companies were in talks since last year, though those conversations have now “stalled.”

Apple has been working on its own chips for quite some time. Acquiring Intel’s technology could have helped the iPhone maker accelerate its plans.

“Intel is now exploring strategic alternatives for its modem chip business, including a possible sale,” the report added.

The chip-maker has received expressions of interest from a number of parties and has hired Goldman Sachs to manage the process.

Intel
This Jan. 1, 2018, file photo shows an Intel logo on the box containing an HP desktop computer on sale at a Costco in Pittsburgh. VOA

Intel has confirmed the “surprise” settlement between Qualcomm and Apple pushed it to exit the mobile 5G race.

“In light of the announcement of Apple and Qualcomm, we assessed the prospects for us to make money while delivering this technology for smartphones and concluded at the time that we just didn’t see a path,” said Bob Swan, Intel CEO.

Intel on April 16 said it plans to cease working on modems for 5G, the next-generation of wireless technology expected to supercharge mobile connections.

Also Read- 9 Out of Top 10 Apps to Come From India Soon

The news that Intel had exited the 5G modem business came barely hours after the Qualcomm-Apple agreement was announced.

Intel had been working on a chipset for the iPhone maker, with the chip expected to be part of iPhones by 2020. (IANS)