- Kathputli Ki Awaz is a collaborative initiative by Offocus Cinemas and Pandemonium
- 3 days workshop for performing various art forms has been planned at Kathputli Colony in June first week
- Team of 7 people have reached Delhi from Kolkata to perform ‘Kathputli Ki Awaz’
Delhi, June 06, 2017: World—a piece of land! Crowded…yet blithesome. Generation after generation has lived in a cadence. Relationships which they develop in such spontaneity are so darling. Then a sudden storm uproots and leads them to end up with lamenting the pain of separation, and this storm is not the curse of nature but the conspiracy of power-monger people. Different people of different land under the same sky are being chased by the same storm. Under these disabled circumstances, a group of people talk, walk, behave and act just like a puppet. We are all merely puppets in the hands of system/power/state as long as we don’t dare to cut the strings and react. Isn’t it?
NewsGram brings to you latest new stories in India.
‘Kathputli Ki Awaz’ is a collaborative initiative by Offocus Cinemas and Pandemonium. Satyajit, an independent gypsy filmmaker and the founder member of OFFocus Cinemas started making a documentary on this land seized with Kathputli. Offocus Cinemas work as an Independent Film Production unit. They are dedicated in brick layering non-mainstream films including shorts, features and documentaries. These dedicated young filmmakers are influenced by World Cinema Culture which includes Mid-European Film Culture, Iranian and Russian Film Culture and Indian Film Culture. They have already filmed two short films namely– Petrichor and Mriga.
Look for latest news from India in NewsGram.
Pandemonium is a group dedicated to practicing a and performing visual art. This platform of reaction has been named as Pandemonium on an ideology which considers ‘Satan’ and his ‘fallen angels’ to be the true revolutionists. They fought for their right, for justice, for truth, for knowledge and for equality, and thus made a Pandemonium to plan the revolution.
A three days workshop for Cinetheatre act, music and painting scenes, few film screenings has been planned at Kathputli Colony, Delhi in the first week of June. The Cinetheatre act is another chapter of Satyajit’s film named Kathputli. It is the voice of solidarity of the people living under the same sky, and who are going through the same situation. The committee wishes to present this special act at Jawaharlal Nehru University campus, National School of Drama and other places in Delhi.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter
A team of seven people have reached Delhi from Kolkata to perform ‘Kathputli Ki Awaz’
- Satyajit Halder, Independent Filmmaker
- Abhijit Ray, Performance Artist
- Smritiparna Sengupta, Cultural Activist
- Satarupa Chakraborty, Classical Dancer and Movement Artist
- Nirupam Ghosh, Student of Comparative Literature (Jadavpur University), Musician and Performer
- Sagnik Bhattacharya, Art Student and Actor (Kala Bhavan, Bishwabharati)
- Suman Majumder, Filmmaker
– by Naina Mishra of Newsgram, Twitter: Nainamishr94