Friday February 22, 2019
Home India ‘Millio...

‘Million March’ against broken promises by New Delhi

0
//

Srinagar: Separatist Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Geelani on Thursday declared ‘Million March’ on November 7, the day Prime Minister Narendra Modi is slated to address a rally in Sher-I-Kashmir park in Kashmir valley.

Hurriyat spokesman Ayaz Akbar said that his party is approaching the state administration for a formal permission for the rally. The outfit is planning to hold the rally at the Tourist Reception Centre ground in Srinagar which is close to the spot where Modi is expected to address a gathering. Claiming that the Geelani rally would witness more turnout, Akbar further said that it will be a clear referendum and the rally is to underline that Kashmir dispute is not about terrorism but rights and broken promises of New Delhi.

Assuring the rally to be peaceful, Akbar said, “We will take the responsibility of the proposed march and its discipline in our hands. The event will not create any law and order problem and nor will it disturb the traffic system.”

Akbar further said that both the programs will decide how many people are with India and how many favour the freedom struggle in Kashmir.

Geelani’s rally has been strategically called at the backdrop when the government and the PDP are undertaking huge initiatives to make Modi’s rally a grand success.

Other separatist factions are expected to attend the Geelani rally.

Next Story

Pakistan Rejects Any Link to Kashmir Terror Attack

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that the attack was a matter of "grave concern".

0
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that the attack was a matter of "grave concern" and it had been condemning "heightened acts of violence in the (Kashmir) Valley". Pixabay

Pakistan has denied any involvement in the suicide attack that claimed the lives of 45 CRPF troopers in Jammu and Kashmir.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that the attack was a matter of “grave concern” and it had been condemning “heightened acts of violence in the (Kashmir) Valley”.

“We strongly reject any insinuation by elements in the Indian government and media circles that seek to link the attack to the State of Pakistan without investigations,” said the statement.

Kashmir, Pakistan
The Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM), a Pakistan-based outfit, claimed responsibility for the attack in Pulwama district. Wikimedia

The Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM), a Pakistan-based outfit, claimed responsibility for the attack in Pulwama district. It was the worst ever attack on security forces on any single day since a separatist campaign broke out in Jammu and Kashmir in 1989.

ALSO READ: India to Withdraw Pakistan’s ‘Most Favoured Nation’ Status

India said the JeM was led by “international terrorist” Masood Azhar, who had been given full freedom by Islamabad to operate and expand his terror infrastructure in territories under the control of Pakistan and to carry out attacks in India and elsewhere with impunity. (IANS)