- PV Narsimha Rao was India’s 8th Prime Minister and is referred to as “Father of Indian Economic Reforms”
- He died at the age of 83 due to heart attack on December 23, 2004
- Rao was born on June 28, 1921 at Karimnagar in Telangana
Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi paid respect to former Prime Minister of India- P.V. Narasimha Rao on his 95th birthday on Tuesday, June 28.
Pamulaparti Venkata Narasimha Rao was by profession an Indian Lawyer and a politician who served India as a Prime Minister from (1991–1996). He was India’s 9th Prime Minister and is referred to as the “Father of Indian Economic Reforms”.
Follow NewsGram at Facebook: NewsGram
“Tributes to P.V. Narasimha Rao on his birth anniversary. He led India at a crucial time and his leadership was both notable and vital,” Modi tweeted.
Follow NewsGram at Twitter: @newsgram1
Narasimha Rao was born on June 28, 1921 at Karimnagar in Telangana and served as the Prime Minister of India from June 21, 1991 to May 16, 1996. P.V. Narasimha Rao died at the age of 83 due to heart attack on 23rd December 2004.
(inputs from IANS)
- Get over Gandhis: NDA plans memorial for Congress scapegoat PV Narsimha Rao
- From the Heart: BITS Pilani Students pay Tribute to the Music Maestro A. R. Rahman on World Music Day
- A tribute to Maithili cinema’s 50th anniversary: Mithila Makhaan is crude but real