– by Dirgha Raj Prasai
October 25, 2016: Nepal and India are only the two pious Hindu countries in the world. These Hindu countries are bordered in between Kailash-Mansarowar in north and Hinda-Mahasagar in south, which is popularly known as the original place of Hindu and Hinduism.
A nation is not only a specified geography but is a beautiful home of diverse people who are bonded by a common philosophy and culture. However, common civilizations with common beliefs of life and identical socio-cultural traditions often extend beyond the border of countries.
- Nepal and India are not only spatially co-located neighbors but are also two pious lands following the greatest philosophy of the universe- ‘Hinduism.’ probably only we, two are Hindu countries in the world. Hinduism and its cultural traditions have a long history spanning over a period of thousands and thousands of years and developed over several eras.
- It is understood that human civilization started to advance since the Vedic age. Among all religions of the world, Vedic-Hindu religion is considered as an ancient religion that is recognized as the foundation of civilization and as the most liberal democratic way of life. Hinduism is the mother of all religions. Hindu religion is the most personally expansive and psychologically empowering religion on earth.
- Hinduism educated us global brotherhood, humanitarian and respectful coexistence among differences. I strongly believe that Hindu philosophy can guide the entire world for humanitarian values and norms.
- Hinduism is our identity, Hinduism is our dignity, Hinduism is our life. It is the pride that we are part of it. The essences of Nepalese nationalism are- Hinduism, constitutional monarchy and Nepali language. These three are typical identifying symbols of Nepal. Nepalese royal institution basically was known for national unity and patriotism.
- Nepal’s sovereignty, integrity and national pride were addressed by monarchy. Nepal is not only an ancient sovereign country but also a Hindu Kingdom in the world. The small and pious Hindu and Buddha country, Nepal always seeks a permanent, loyal and respected permanent institution–the monarchy.
- The strategic and geo-socio-political situation of Nepal mandatorily demands the existence of monarchical institution in the country. The monarchy and Hindu Kingdom both are inter-related identified symbols of Nepal. Our concern is national stability, unity and complete democracy.
- Since 2006, Nepal’s situation has been gradually deteriorated. This is because our basic foundations are violated; consequently national unity and sustainable peace has not been achieved.
- The constitution is non-functional with the annulment of the constitution of 1990 that was suddenly suspended without any reason. The country has been unconstitutionally declared so called republic and secular state. This is in fact, foremost cause of the deteriorative situation of the country.
- Due to the eccentric corrupt characters of the party leaders in Nepal, the political, social and economic disintegration is continuing all over these days. They failed to understand the reality the country and desire of our people. They are traitors. The parties are choosing the ethnic lines to operate themselves to break Nepalese unity. This is tantamount to ping for a suicidal path.
- In fact, Americans and the Christian Europeans want to turn Nepal into a Christian nation. The vested interest of foreigners is to watch and spy India and China. They know Hinduism philosophy is one of the major tools for India to emerge as world power. They believe India can be weakened attacking Hinduism. Both Americans and Europeans want to unrest China through free Tibet politics.
- The western countries think by this, they may reduce the influence of Buddhism in Tibet and China. As they are planned to exploit Nepal as base station, they want a control over the Nepalese administration. They think religion is best medium to penetrate. This is what they have already practiced and succeeded in Africa.
- The Nepalese monarchy of course, was major obstacle for them. Meanwhile in India, Sonia Gandhi (who is Christian and always against to Nepalese monarch) led congress regime came in power. With the common agenda, Americans, Europeans and then Indian Congress led government’s intelligence acted upon Nepal. For this, they used some Nepalese party leaders as their puppets. And the game plan was implemented in the name of peoples’ movement.
- The Party leaders betrayed the King from a gentlemen agreement. Later on, incidents and drama played in Nepal is being witnessed by the whole world. Whatever notorious things are happening is Nepal, are against the will of Nepalese people and also against our two giant neighbor countries. Therefore, Nepalese people and probably the whole Hindu world believe that Nepal must be a Hindu Kingdom. It is real ground truth.
- We Nepalese hope that India- a neighbor, a friend, and a largest Hindu community must stand with us in this issue. If the royal institution is reinstated in Nepal, I am sure most of problems would be solved. We can reinstate peace. And thus, we can assure our neighbors about their security concerns.
- The union of monarchy and democracy is best political option for Nepal. The recent past experience of our national life has again and again proved this fact. The monarchy is essential not only for our internal issues, but also for security concerns of our neighbour countries. So we must respect Nepal’s monarchical system and for that we must enthrone the King.
- India has witnessed the historical victory of nationalist patriotic power as a democratic practice of world’s largest democracy. We heartily congratulate Prime minister Sri Narendra Modi, a visionary leader. We believe Indo-Nepal relations will find new dimensions with new government of India. We are against any interference. But we always seek positive support and developmental cooperation. At this time, we are in crisis.
- All Nepali people want India be supportive in reinstating our lost pride-Hinduism and constitutional monarch. The Nepalese monarch always has goodwill with India. The fact is that the Nepalese monarchs held special right for carrying out ritualistic worship in many Hindu shrines and temples in India. Then, India’sHindutwa also can be dignified.
- It is highly appreciable that current Indian leaders have made statements for our side. Here I want to quote some statements. Senior leader of B.J.P Lalkrishna Advani had said: ‘The framework for constitutional monarchy in Nepal should be consolidated because monarchy is the symbol of Nepal’s identity and sovereignty. Nepal should have an active and dynamic multi-party democracy’.
- Present Home minister and the BJP leader Rajnath Singh said- ‘We used to feel proud that Nepal was the only Hindu kingdom in the world,’ Singh said. ‘I will be happy when Nepal is a Hindu state again. ‘We used to feel proud that Nepal was the only Hindu kingdom in the world. ‘I will be happy when Nepal is a Hindu state again. No one is appealing to the Islamic states of Pakistan and Bangladesh to become secular. But it was done in Nepal.’ – 2010-3-22, in Nepal.
- Foreign Relations Department Chief of BJP Vijay Jolly said-‘ I am a Hindu who follows Hinduism. I am much upset as a decision on such an important topic was taken without taking people’s opinion’ July 4th 2014 Kathmandu. We are also expecting similarly generous statements from Prime minister Mr Modi.
- Recently, All India Hindu Convention (28 June 2014) passed a resolution with solidarities and support to declare Nepal as a Hindu nation. The convention said Nepal has since time immemorial been identified as Vaidik Sanatan Hindu Nation in the form of a Devabhumi (Land of Deities), Shivbhumi (Land of Shiv), Tapobhumi (Land of penance), Gyanbhumi (Land of knowledge) and Gorakshabumi (Land of protection of cows) under the rule of Deity Shri Pashupatinath.
The convention also speaks our voice that Nepal once again would become a Hindu Nation. Here are three point resolutions-
(i) This Convention supports morally, politically and at all the levels the local Hindus, who are making efforts so that Nepal be declared as a Hindu Nation.
(ii) Nepal’s Parliament should declare Nepal a Hindu Nation.
(iii) The Secular Government of India should not interfere directly or indirectly to crush the future movement to force the Nepal Government to declare Nepal as a Hindu Nation.’ We are really thankful to Upananda Brahmachari- the Editor of Struggle Hindu Existence and friends for taking the leadership for the convention.
In the context of concluded the SAARC in Nepal, I would like put forward some suggestions for the Indian Prime Minister-Narendra Modi in the issues of Nepal:
The first thing is strengthening the cordial bilateral relation at peoples’ level.
Secondly, in order to conserve Hinduism in Nepal and India and to maintain harmonious relation with Nepal, Bharatiya Janta Party should support to restore the only Hindu Kingdom in the world with the constitutional monarchy.
Thirdly, BJP Govt. must reconstruct the Hindu temples and Dhams and have to inform the world about the glory of Hindu religion. Fourth, Nepal and India should have to organize a
Fourth, Nepal and India should have to organize a High-class Commission to solve the existing and rising problems of the temples, Dams and pilgrimages for the harmonious relation among the Nepalese and Indian visitors and pilgrimages.
In conclusion, Nepal has cordially sustainable relationship with India.Being identity and survival essence, Nepal must reinstate Hinduism and constitutional monarch. India should positive and supportive role.
(Dirgha Raj Prasai is a Former Member of Parliament in Nepal and a political Analyst.)
Copyright 2016 NewsGram