Saturday October 20, 2018
Home India Odisha Govern...

Odisha Government to carry out Development Activities in 145 more Mining-affected Villages

The government is implementing housing, skill development and drinking water schemes in these villages

0
//
138
Mines in India, Flickr
Republish
Reprint

Bhubaneswar, Nov 18, 2016: The Odisha government has included additional 145 mining-affected villages for carrying out developmental activities from funds available under the Odisha Mineral Bearing Areas Development Corporation (OMBADC), said an official on Thursday.

The government is implementing housing, skill development and drinking water schemes in these villages. Though initially 523 villages in the mining areas were covered under the funds, additional 145 villages were identified taking the total to 668 villages in 29 blocks of 8 districts under coverage of the fund, said the official.

NewsGram brings to you latest new stories in India.

This was discussed at the Board of Directors meeting of the OMBADC held under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary A.P. Padhi here on Thursday.

Reviewing the progress of the scheme, Padhi asked the respective departments to follow saturation model in addressing housing and drinking water needs in these villages, and prioritise household connection of pipe water in those villages.

Panchyati Raj sScretary Deo Ranjan Singh said around 26,409 families in these 668 villages of Angul, Dhenkanal, Jajpur, Jharsuguda, Kendujhar, Koraput, Mayurbhanj and Sundargarh have been identified to be covered under Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana in the first phase.

Go to NewsGram and check out news related to political current issues

Each family would get an assistance of Rs 1.2 lakh in plain areas and Rs 1.3 lakh in hilly areas for construction of houses. As of now, 18,538 families have been provided the first instalment and 5,346 have been given the second instalment of assistance for construction of houses, said a release.

So far, 219 houses have been completed and the rest were in various stages of completion, it added.

Look for latest news from India in NewsGram.

Rural Development Secretary Madhusudan Padhi said the tendering process for drinking water supply projects has been initiated and it would be expeditiously completed within the scheduled time.

SC and ST Development Secretary Surendra Kumar said skill development training for ST and SC youths have also been taken up under the fund and about Rs 2.4 crore have been provided to the department for the purpose. (IANS)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Aadhaar Helpline Mystery: French Security Expert Tweets of doing a Full Disclosure Tomorrow about Code of the Google SetUP Wizard App

0
cryptocurrency. google
Pichai met with senior Republicans on Friday to discuss their concerns, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said. Wikimedia Commons

Google’s admission that it had in 2014 inadvertently coded the 112 distress number and the UIDAI helpline number into its setup wizard for Android devices triggered another controversy on Saturday as India’s telecom regulator had only recommended the use of 112 as an emergency number in April 2015.

After a large section of smartphone users in India saw a toll-free helpline number of UIDAI saved in their phone-books by default, Google issued a statement, saying its “internal review revealed that in 2014, the then UIDAI helpline number and the 112 distress helpline number were inadvertently coded into the SetUp wizard of the Android release given to OEMs for use in India and has remained there since”.

Aadhaar Helpline Number Mystery: French security expert tweets of doing a full disclosure tomorrow about Code of the Google SetUP Wizard App, Image: Wikimedia Commons.

However, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) recommended only in April 2015 that the number 112 be adopted as the single emergency number for the country.

According to Google, “since the numbers get listed on a user’s contact list, these get  transferred accordingly to the contacts on any new device”.

Google was yet to comment on the new development.

Meanwhile, French security expert that goes by the name of Elliot Alderson and has been at the core of the entire Aadhaar controversy, tweeted on Saturday: “I just found something interesting. I will probably do full disclosure tomorrow”.

“I’m digging into the code of the @Google SetupWizard app and I found that”.

“As far as I can see this object is not used in the current code, so there is no implications. This is just a poor coding practice in term of security,” he further tweeted.

On Friday, both the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as well as the telecom operators washed their hand of the issue.

While the telecom industry denied any role in the strange incident, the UIDAI said that he strange incident, the UIDAI said that some vested interests were trying to create “unwarranted confusion” in the public and clarified that it had not asked any manufacturer or telecom service provider to provide any such facility.

Twitter was abuzz with the new development after a huge uproar due to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) Chairman R.S. Sharma’s open Aadhaar challenge to critics and hackers.

Ethical hackers exposed at least 14 personal details of the TRAI Chairman, including mobile numbers, home address, date of birth, PAN number and voter ID among others. (IANS)

Also Read: Why India Is Still Nowhere Near Securing Its Citizens’ Data?