- Dr. Munish Raizada (Twitter)
Punishment without Trial- story of strange ways of Aam Aadmi Party
Ok, so the only state where Aam Aadmi Party has some buzz outside Delhi, the state convener of that state (Read Punjab) has been sacked from his job.
His crime: In an internal sting carried out by his own party’s volunteer/member (no one really knows details), he has been implicated of taking the bribe. In other words, he was allegedly accepting money for awarding a ticket for upcoming assembly elections (cash for ticket).
After seeing this sting video, Kejriwal got very upset. He refused to even meet the state convener. Kejriwal reportedly said to Chotepur: Go and record your defence to the state committee.
The party has sacked Chotepur even before allowing him a proper hearing. This is called Punishment Without Trial.
So, we see a few elements that are troubling:
- The so-called sting operation: It was not carried out by a media house or opposition or even by some remote unknown person. It was carried out internally. So, naturally, the video can not come in the public domain unless AAP releases it.
But, the party has shown no eagerness to release it, nor did it hear the ‘accused’ , BUT fired him!
Chotepur says, he has been framed within the party.
2. Chotepur has been the party convener for 2 1/2 years, contested Lok Sabha elections from Gurdaspur and gave time and efforts to build the party in Punjab. Now, when he started showing discomfort about the way candidates are being chosen, it seems the party decided to frame him rather than simply asking him to step down. This serves the mission of Team Kejriwal:
- AAP looks great and Sucha Singh looks in poor light.
But unlikely. The way Chotepur case has been done does not inspire confidence! Why was the matter not referred to internal Lokpal?
The party formed to start an era of transparent politics and end high command culture is now showing all the traits and vices of a typical Indian political party.
A senior from my alma mater Dr. Verma from Delhi commented: जिस पार्टी में लुच्चा सिंह और टुच्चा सिंह हो, वहां बेचारे सुच्चा सिंह को लात पड़ेगी ही.
Kejriwal has emerged as an ego-maniac person with narcissistic traits. He is rapidly transforming Aam Admi Party into a club of sycophants. In Punjab, AAP started more than a year ago with feverish pitch, but its graph is going down day by day due to self-goals:
- The para shooters from Delhi. No proper local Punjab party structure has been created.
- Gate crashers, para troopers and people of all hues and colors are seeking tickets and are being rewarded, creating unrest in volunteers and party workers who have been working since beginning of the party.
- Inability and unwillingness to govern in Delhi, Kejriwal is selling fake dreams to the people of Punjab.
For Kejriwal, Punjab is the launching pad for national politics. But, means are as important as the goal, Mahatma Gandhi said.
The party is failing on its Suchita (righteousness) Index. And the decay has set in sooner than it would probably have.
Here is my video in Hindi on the same toipc:
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram