- ‘Om’ is the sacred religious symbol of Hinduism which talks about the oneness of God
- In Tando Adam Khan, some shopkeepers are selling shoes on the occasion of Eid ul Azha with the Hindu sacred word inscribed on them
- Protests have begun against the Sindh government and local authorities in Tando Adam Khan
KARACHI: Some shopkeepers in Pakistan’s Sindh province sold shoes with the Hindu sacred word “Om” inscribed on them. This upset the minority hindu community in the country. They said this action was, “ Unfortunate and blasphemous.”
Follow NewsGram on Facebook: NewsGram.com
In a statement released by the Pakistan Hindu Seva, you can tell the people who have been disrespected truly just want what is right. “As ‘Om’ is the sacred religious symbol of Hinduism which talks about the oneness of God, let’s protect this oneness peacefully for the progressive and positive face of Pakistan. Let’s appeal the authorities concerned to take notice of the matter immediately to override any expected mistrust within the locals.”
Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgram1
Ramesh Kumar, patron-in-chief of the Pakistan Hindu Council, addressed this issue previously. After notifying the Hindu Community of the offenses done against their religion, he stated that they had already begun protests against the Sindh government and local authorities in Tando Adam Khan.
Kumar seems to think that the sole purpose behind the shoes is to disrespect Hindus. He stated, “It is most unfortunate that some shopkeepers in Tando Adam Khan are selling shoes on the occasion of Eid ul Azha with the Hindu sacred word inscribed on them and the purpose just appears to be to insult the sentiments of the Hindu community.”
Local newspapers have reported that the shoes have been sold in other parts of the Sindh.
-prepared by Abigail Andrea, an intern at NewsGram. Twitter: @abby_kono
- Sindh in Pakistan: First state to allow Hindus to register marriages officially
- Afghanistan’s Dwindling Sikh, Hindu Communities Flee New Abuses
- Robin Hood Army: Two friends from India and Pakistan fight to defeat Hunger