Friday April 26, 2019
Home Politics Prime Ministe...

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to France pens down 17 mutual agreements and a deal to buy 36 Rafale fighter jets

0
//

modi

By Newsgram Staff Writer

India plans to buy 36 Rafale fighter jets from France as both the nations pushed their talks on techno-commercial issue on the Jaitapur nuclear power plant.

Also, Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his meet with French President Francois Hollande penned down 17 more agreements in favor of the nations’ tie ups.

The 17 agreements include field of civil nuclear energy, railways and space.

The Rafale deal was one of the biggest decisions made by the officials. India in a deal of $20 billion shortlisted Rafale by Dassault Aviation and confirmed the purchase of 126 fighter jets for MMRCA project in 2012. However, the final deal has not been confirmed yet.

The French President said, “Our ties in civil nuclear energy, sustainable energy and defense and the desire to acquire 36 Rafale jets show the partnership has moved to new stage of cooperation.”

The two nations agreed on the conclusion of techno-commercial discussions on the proposal for construction of six 1650 MWe nuclear power plants at Jaitapur.

Both the nations urged  their atomic energy establishments to lay an ambitious foundation for the future of India-France civil nuclear cooperation, including a wide range of subjects in the area of civil nuclear liability.

Next Story

TikTok Still Unavailable on Google, Apple App Stores: Report

TikTok refused to share anything more than what it had said on Wednesday

0
TikTok
The logo of the TikTok application is seen on a screen in this picture illustration taken Feb. 21, 2019. VOA

TikTok remained unavailable for download on both Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store on Thursday – a day after the Madras High Court’s Madurai Bench lifted the ban on the short video-sharing app.

Sources in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology said that official communication to the technology companies would be made after it receives the court directive.

The IT ministry had earlier asked Google and Apple to block the app following the Supreme Court’s refusal to stay the Madras HC’s call for ban on the app on April 3.

Deciding the case filed by advocate Muthukumar, the Madurai Bench on Wednesday vacated its interim order banning the app, subject to conditions that pornographic videos will not be uploaded on it, failing which contempt of court proceedings would begin.

Owned by Chinese company ByteDance, TikTok claims to have over 120 million monthly active users in India.

tiktok
TikTok has over 54 million monthly active users (MAUs) in India. Pixabay

A search for the app on Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store on Thursday did not yield any result.

While Google and Apple refused to share any official statement, the companies would be able to reinstate the app only when they receive an official directive revoking the ban.

Also Read- Facebook Actively Working on Launching WhatsApp Pay Soon

TikTok refused to share anything more than what it had said on Wednesday.

“We are glad about this decision and we believe it is also greatly welcomed by our thriving community in India, who use TikTok as a platform to showcase their creativity,” TikTok had said. (IANS)