- Hawking Radiation which is possibly confirmed by recent experiments has made it more and more probable that black holes do emit matter back
- If energy appears so can matter because of energy-matter equivalence.
- Some of the biggest black holes might take more time to evaporate than the predicted age of universe, so slow is the emission
September 13, 2016: Basis of tens of hundreds of sci-movies and comics the black holes have always been shrouded in mystery. From a being a gateway to another universe to a worm hole to basis of time travel; Black holes can be anything. A hole from which nothing comes back couldn’t possibly be more interesting. Except new evidence suggests that it isn’t.
Hawking Radiation which is possibly confirmed by recent experiments has made it more and more probable that black holes do emit information and matter back eventually leading to their deaths.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook
- The basic mechanism of the phenomena-The story begins from the concept of Quantum Tunnelling which explains how particles appear on the far side of barrier they shouldn’t be able to cross. If you try to observe a particle in a very small space near the barrier, It’s momentum will become wildly unpredictable because Uncertainty Principle the particle may have a blast of momentum which translates directly into energy. If energy appears so can matter because of energy-matter equivalence.
Then why don’t we see matter randomly appearing here and there?
As soon as a particle is created by tunnelling, so is its anti particle (with a negative mass) and they annihilate almost instantaneously. And this is happening all the time-everywhere.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter
- The one scenario which triggers the end of black-hole-Now, consider the above phenomena happening in the event horizon. According to the theory,during the annihilation process near the horizon one of the particles(one with the negative mass) falls into the black hole, giving the other momentum in other direction, away from the horizon and making it real.
This real particle is released in the form of radiation and the particle with negative energy does something even weirder. It reduces the mass of Black Hole. In one event, energy was released from black hole and it’s mass reduced as well.
- The Thesis by renowned physicist Stephen Hawking states this emission of radiation, Hawking predicts causes the shrinking of Black Hole. Also, this rate of emission is ever increasing. That is, the more radiation it emits, the faster it will emit more radiation.Eventually causing it’s almost certain death once the rate crosses a certain threshold.
- Recent developments making the possible thesis more and more likely-A step forward has been taken in confirmation of this theory when a physicist Jeff Steinhauer from Technion University in Haifa, Israel made a Sound Black Hole and observed energy actually emitting from the edges as predicted by Hawking’s equations.
Although in the grand scheme of things it might be irrelevant this process is very very slow. Some of the biggest black holes might take more time to evaporate than the predicted age of universe, so slow is the emission.
Nevertheless, the fact that black holes can die is an amusing fact in itself.
– prepared By Anubhuti Gupta of Newsgram
Copyright 2016 NewsGram