By Newsgram Staff Writer
Modi government has been able to get the LARR Amendment Bill successfully passed in Lok Sabha through a voice vote along with 9 new amendments, to incorporate opposition`s suggestions.
While Congress, BJD and TRS decided to stage a walk out, the government was able to pass the Bill with the help of NDA allies.
The new amendments involve –
- Removal of Social infrastructure from the exempted category.
- Land acquisition for industrial corridor can only be up to 1 km on both sides railway line or Highways.
- Government must ensure that land acquired is bare minimum required for the project before issuing acquiring notification.
- In case of wasteland including arid land, concerned government must conduct a survey and maintain a record.
- Land acquired for private hospitals, educational institutions will be not considered for public purpose.
- At least 1 member of affected family of a farm laborer will be compulsory employed.
- Hearings will be carried out by Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation Authority in district where acquisition takes place.
- Court can take cognizance of offence under CrPC.