Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Every year, lakhs of people try their luck to crack the exam because the Canara bank PO exam is lucrative and takes one’s career on the right path. But most people are unable to crack it due to a lack of confidence. Although competitive exams are difficult, it is not impossible to do so. It is the right mindset along with preparation that can help you crack the exam.
Now, as we talk about tips to prepare for the Canara bank PO exams and upcoming government exams, it is not necessary that you join tutorials to crack them. You can do it at home also if you do it the right way. In this article, we will talk about easy and effective tips to prepare for the Canara Bank PO exam to help you clear the exam.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter to stay updated about the World news.
Understand The Syllabus
When it comes to acing the exams, it is important to understand that each bank exam is different. Let’s say, you have prepared for an SBI exam, you cannot think the Canara bank exam will consist of the same rules and syllabus too. They change. Therefore, familiarize yourself with the rules and the syllabus before you proceed.
The Canara Bank PO exam consists of four sections and it carries 200 marks and you are allotted 2 hours. So, along with foolproof preparation, managing your time is also important to ensure you solve every question asked in the question paper. The four sections are English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and General Awareness. Each section will carry 50 marks and apart from English, all the other sections are bilingual.
How To Prepare For English
When it comes to English preparation, you need to tackle three segments, which include Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Comprehension. Other tips to help you prepare for the English section include;
- When it comes to preparing for English, learning the basics are important and the basics in English is grammar. You don’t have to dig too deep, but understand the main grammar topics as they will help you with your exam. From active and passive voice to error spotting, familiarize yourself with grammar rules.
- Your vocabulary is a must to crack the English exam. How to improve vocabulary? Learn new words every day, read the newspaper, and start reading books with strong English Language. Once you learn a new word, form sentences with the words and write them down in your notebook.
- Practice a different set of questions every day.
How To Prepare For Reasoning
As the name suggests, reasoning is all about your logical abilities. It tests your analyzing and decision-making skills.
- Classification, Analogy, Distance and Directions, Blood Relations, etc. are non-descriptive topics and it is important you become thorough in the first. They are not as tough as the other sections.
- Practice multiple parameter based questions
- Learn to make diagrams or flowcharts
- Study the books and online blogs related to reasoning
- Make sure you learn to think critically by visualizing the problem
How To Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude
This section tests your problem-solving and mathematical skills.
- Memorize the formulas. To make it easier, keep a separate notebook for all the formulas and revise them as you go.
- Start solving questions on Probability, Permutations and Combinations, Time, Speed and Distance, and more as they are tricky and you will have to dedicate more time towards them.
- Go through the sample problems step-by-step. This will help you analyze the problem.
- Keep practicing. When it comes to mathematics, practice is what will make you perfect.
How To Prepare for General Awareness
When it comes to general awareness, it talks about current affairs and everything that’s happening across the globe. To prepare for this subject, you must;
- Prepare static GK, which means, the general knowledge facts that don’t change with time. For instance, when we take a look at the historical facts, you know they remain the same. But, when it comes to the President or the Prime Minister of the country, they keep changing.
- Refer to previous papers and see the kind of general awareness questions you get.
- Read the newspapers and watch news channels regularly.
- Make sure you learn all about banking awareness.
- Revise regularly.
Other Tips to Help You Prepare
- Always stick to the syllabus as now is not the time to venture as time is precious. Let’s say, you are reading about something and you find the topic interesting. But the advanced knowledge is unnecessary for the exam. Now, wasting time means you lag behind. So, manage your time well.
- Time management is a must and we have mentioned it multiple times in this article because you will need to manage your time to study well and also to make sure you finish your exam on time. So, take mock tests, which you complete in the given time frame.
- Have a timetable. Without a study plan, you won’t be able to navigate correctly. With a study plan, you just have to do things mentioned in the plan and it keeps away any anxiety that exams usually bring.
- Your timetable or study plan must be realistic and you must be able to cover all the topics.
- If the time is less, start with the strong subjects, then the subjects that are neutral, and then move on to subjects you are weak in but are easy and keep the subjects you are weak in, which are also difficult at last.
- Have a separate notebook to note down all the important points. Also, make notes. Don’t simply study. Notes will help you revise easily and writing things down makes sure you don’t forget them easily.
Prepare well and follow all the tips. You will be able to crack the Canara bank PO exam.
(Disclaimer: The article is sponsored and hence promotes some commercial links.)
When it comes to our day-to-day life, there are several things which help us enhance our day with every step. One such thing is music. It enhances, motivates and boosts certain aspects of our personality in ways that may not come into notice. There have been several researches on how music affects human brain. Studies show it helps us in recovery and healing, and also, encouraging us to be better if exposed to the right kind and fit.
From kids to elderly, music as a commodity, can be consumed by all. It is the universal language that is spoken by each and every being, from animals to humans to plants, each respond to it in their own ways. Suffice to say, we are united by music and the effect it has over us. Plants, for example, grow better when exposed to good music. Many songs are being composed specifically to enhance and boost their growth. Same is the case for humans. For humans, the right kind of music can boost good health, physically as well as mentally. You might have noticed how in gyms, upbeat music is played. That is to channel energy into everyone present. It adds to the workout. Several researches around the world have shown better physical output when exposed to appropriate music. Fast paced songs with upbeat nature channeled speed and the slower ones slowed downs the listeners, without them noticing. The sub-conscious effects of music are continuously being studied.
Follow NewsGram on Instagram to keep yourself updated.
Our heart starts beating according to the music we are listening to.Unsplash
Listening to upbeat or happy music also reduces stress and pressure from our minds. Many people become relaxed while listening to calming music. This is why calming sounds are used during a yoga session. Classical music seems to have the same calming and soothing effect. Furthermore, classical music has much more advantages over metal or techno music, it has proven to enhance learning and improve sleep in its listeners. A study was conducted in which participants were divided in groups where one group was exposed to classical music, another to metal and last one was supervised without any music. The group exposed to classical music showed healthier sleeping pattern than the rest.
Also Read: Undiscovered Music Trends For Indian Music
Several brands and outlets encash on different characteristics of music. Calm and soothing music is used in spas to help customer relax. It is a known fact that our heart starts beating according to the music we are listening to. So, music with faster beats will have our heart beating faster and the slow one will have calmer effect. This is why slow music channels calm. And the same fact has led to faster and upbeat music being played in food outlets. A study conducted in a farm, where people were invited to have food, where one half was exposed to slower music and for other fast-paced music was played. Not only did the group exposed to fast-music ate faster but also ate more than the group who ate in slower one. Next time you are in a food outlet or a restaurant observe the kind of music they are playing and the eating pattern.
Music can even be a facilitator of communication. We can sometimes convey our thoughts through the medium of a song. Sometimes someone’s words justify our inner feelings better than us. Or sometimes a song brings back certain memory or a place, and takes us to that certain moment. To say music is a time-machine would not be wrong. It is a dynamic blessing that can be used throughout our lives.
Key Words: Music, Calm, Soothing, Effects of Music
As more and more people are acknowledging the importance of their mental well-being, the wave of awareness the acknowledgment has brought is unprecedented. It may not have paved a clear path towards complete healing but it certainly has shown the way. The awareness is the key to heal. Healing begins only after the problem is identified. Similar to physical illness, the identification of the problem area is the first step. Even in case of a minor wound, when we go to the hospital the nurse first locates the wound. They, then, ask how we got hurt and identify the nature of the wound. Only then, they clean, put ointment and wrap it up if it needs wrapping and protection from air and dust. Sometimes, that protection is not needed. The wound heals out in the open. Same goes when it comes to healing of a mental trauma or illness. Sometimes, we confine in professionals or our loved ones, in order to let it out and process it openly. Sometimes, the trauma reduces with time. In any way, being aware and vigilant is the way to go.
Being knowledgeable about life in general, opens many channels for you. Being knowledgeable about yourself, opens gates inside you that lead to spiritual and general awareness about the concept of self. And the inner awareness is not necessarily internal, it can be seen from the outside as well. When we have positive energy from within it radiates physically as well. Have you encountered someone who’s spiritually awakened and aware? Do they stand out in the crowd? There are prominent examples of people who have made their mark in history, there is Swami Vivekanada, his awakening has revolutionised generations, one live example we can witness is The Dalai Lama.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter to stay updated about the World news.
Healing is part of the spiritual journey.Unsplash
Also Read: Follow These Tips For a Better Mental Health
Awareness is the first step towards the staircase of spirituality. Healing is part of that journey. In our world, we go by our lives without paying much attention to causes of our actions. Every little thing we do, we do it for a reason. We might be suffering without being aware of it. There might be certain actions which are screaming those are trauma-response and not really us. But we go by our days, without paying heed to the fact that it really is the small actions that carry weightage in our lives. When we become attentive and thoughtful with what we do, we introspect, and then act. Thoughtless actions do not bear much fruit anyway. Thoughtfulness not only benefits us personally, but makes world a better place to live in. It really is the need of the hour to introspect every little doing and if it does not fit with the idea of self, then, it is time to find the root cause of what has us where we are.
Being self-aware is crucial as a human quality as well. When we face our problems, we gain experience, that experience leads us to understand and empathise with others’ sufferings too. It is a wholesome development.
Key Words: Self-awareness, Spirituality, Thoughtfulness, Mental Health
Honestly, who hasn’t watched one of the epic series of HBO– Game of Thrones?
There’s no question that when the first episode of Game of Thrones was released on April 11, 2011, the youth population of the world became exuberant. The main reasons behind this reaction was, first, the theme of the show, and second, the hidden lessons which it put forward.
Some of the valuable lessons which the Game of Thrones taught us are:
1. The pack always survives. This aptly meant that whether your pack consists of your family or your friends, you are the strongest when you are surrounded by a support system. This is what Ned Stark taught his children, to be together when “the winter comes”.
2. Never forget who you truly are. One of the most important lessons was given by Tyrion Lannister. He taught us that we should never forget who we really are. This means that we must not forget our bad habits and where we lack. So, once we know who we are, no one could ever use our lagging points against us.
3. Reading is necessary. Tyrion Lannister said, “A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.” There is absolutely no denying that reading is not a habit now-a-days, but a necessity. If you want to be sharp and smart, then you must devote sometime to books, for they would teach you a lot!
4. Always pay your debts. Well, one of the most philosophical and learned houses if Game of Thrones is House Lannister. And so, one of the sayings of their house is, “A Lannister always pays his debts.” From here we get another life lesson that we must always pay off what we owe from people.
5. Always believe, “You know nothing.” Ygritte said this to Jon Snow in a teasing manner. But, this is actually for all those who believe that they know each and everything. Well, never believe that you know everything. Always learn from new experiences and never hesitate to take advice from others.
So, these were five most significant lessons which the series Game of Thrones offered us. In reality, we all are aware of these lessons, but we never really work upon them. But now, let’s try to understand each lesson and become the heir someday!
Keywords: Entertainment, Game of Thrones, HBO, Series, Youth, Lessons.