Getting a dress stitched is a lot better than buying it readymade. Not just because you get to style it or customize it as per your choice, but also because it allows you to choose the fabric that enhances the beauty of your body. Selecting the right fabric plays a very important role in determining the overall look of your dress.
Following are a few amazing fabrics which can be used for making beautiful prom dresses:
- Satin: When discussing the prom dresses, the first fabric that you can think of is Satin. It is a beautifully opulent and shiny cloth that gracefully adapts to the shape of your body and makes you look ravishing. Satin prom dresses have a hint of intensity and gloss in their colors which adds on to the dramatic effect of your attire. Thus, it is one of the most popular and loved fabrics used for making prom dresses.
- Velvet: If you are looking for a dress with some depth and intensity, velvet is what you need to make your own stunning prom dress. Along with a soft texture, the fabric gives a shiny surface and a breathtaking drape that adds royalty to your dress. Prom dresses made with a velvet look passionately beautiful and therefore are a very good option if you are looking for one.
- Georgette: This fabric is different in its own way and would give you the best gowns with flair and frock like dresses. It has a beautifully crinkled texture and is bouncy in nature. It gives a graceful shape to the body and enhances the appearance of the person wearing it. They are tightly woven and are either made from silk or polyester.
- Organza: Simplicity and delicateness are favorite to many. If it is for you too, this fabric is right for getting you one of the best prom dresses you would’ve ever come across. The fabric has a very crisp effect and is translucent in appearance. It blends well to form layered dresses making you feel like a fairytale princess.
- Crepe: Since matte is in fashion and not just the pastel colors but a cloth that gives the matte effect is also necessary, crepe does every bit of justice to it. It has a rough or a bit grainy texture as you call it that gives a graceful draping property to your dress. Giving a particular shape to a dress is usually difficult but using crepe, it is easily doable due to its pebbled surface.
- Chiffon: One of the very common fabrics used in making prom dresses and gowns is chiffon. It is yet another fabric which is made from some other great fabrics like silk, cotton, rayon etc. The qualities of the fabric which makes it eligible for the cause include its light-weightiness and adorning drape that gives that desirable fall and elegant shape to the dress.
Also Read: Dress Smartly to Create Perfect Waist
The above-mentioned fabrics are the ones which are going to help you make your dream dress. May it be the satin prom dresses or a smart dress made of crepe, all that matters is your satisfaction with it.