Of course, you must have heard of this news last month. A restaurant has come up in Agra that employs victims of Acid attack. A kind of first in India, as far as we can remember!
This initiative not only gives an opportunity to the victims of acid attack to come out of the shackles and gain some social and economical rehabilitation. The society also can gain some perspective about the issue as such.
Chicago-based NewsGram brings this video in collaboration with Voice of America. Watch and spread the word!(image-thequint.com)
Facing stiff competition from Chinese and South Korean players, Japanese conglomerate Sony Corporation has announced to quit the Indian smartphone market.
Sony had less that 0.01 per cent of the total Indian smartphone market share in the first quarter of 2019, according to Counterpoint Research.
Sony Mobile, however, said that it would continue to monitor the market situations and business feasibility in the country.
“Our focus markets are Japan, Europe, Hong Kong and Taiwan to drive profitability and future prospects in the 5G era,” Sony Mobile said in a statement on Wednesday.
“We have ceased sales in Central and South America, the Middle East, South Asia, Oceania, etc. in FY 18,” it added.
The company assured that it would continue its customer support operations including after sales support and software updates for existing customers in India.
The India smartphone market is currently dominated by Chinese players like Xiaomi, OPPO, Vivo and OnePlus among others, besides South Korean tech giant Samsung.
According to Shobhit Srivastava, Research Analyst, Mobile Devices and Ecosystems, Counterpoint Research, the pressure from Chinese brands and Samsung in the major price segment resulted in continuous decline of sales for Sony.