Removing body hair is anything but pleasant. For some women it is about pain, while others also face rashes or marks post-waxing.
Charoo Chawla Anand, director, Blliis by Ravissant spa and salon, shares tips for rash-free waxing:
* Take a hot wax heater and heat the wax till it melts.
* Apply talcum powder on the body part which needs to be waxed.
* Use a spatula to apply warm wax on that area.
* Place wax strip on it.
* Pull the wax strip in the opposite direction of hair growth.
* To minimise discomfort, use hand pressure on the waxed area after the strip has been removed.
* Once you are through with waxing, clean with water and apply astringent.
* Then apply lotion to moisturise skin.
Do’s and Don’ts of waxing:
· Do exfoliation before waxing.
· Esure an expert does your waxing according to the direction of hair growth.
· Take a bath with warm water before waxing.
· Do not apply any lotion on body before waxing.
· Do not take bath with hot water after waxing.
· Do not spray deodorant before waxing.
· Do not do exfoliation after waxing.