Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
People make being single out to be this sad and miserable way to go about life when really, it’s one of the most freeing experiences one can have in their life, especially when you have your own apartment. Having your own apartment (with no roommates), while you’re single, is truly a journey of self-discovery.
Isn’t living by yourself one of the motivations for moving out of your parents’ house in the first place? Living by yourself signifies freedom. You no longer have to live by the rules of “as long as you’re living under my roof, you have to follow my rules.” You can put away worrying about coming home too late, having friends come over, or keeping your room clean… when you move in with your significant other, you’d be back to having to be mindful of these things, simply out of respect for them.
So while you’re single, take advantage of all the perks of living by yourself… it’s definitely something you don’t want to go through life without having experienced. Before you jump into sharing a living space with your significant other, make sure you experience all the luxuries of an apartment while you’re single!
Your Own Privacy
Privacy will probably be one of the hardest things to give up once you cohabitate with your significant other, so take full advantage of having your own privacy while you’re single! If you’ve had a long day at work and want to come out of your clothes as soon as you walk in the door, you can do that without any eyes being on you!
That’s not the only perk either! You can also stay in the bathroom as long as you want without someone rushing you to hurry up, or complain that you used all the hot water for showers! There’s just something about having your own space and privacy, regardless of how much you can save by splitting the rent with your significant other.
In theory, these “perks” of single life may sound insignificant, but the moment you lose these perks, you’ll wish you hadn’t taken them for granted, because when you live with someone, your privacy becomes non-existent.
Can Be as Messy or as Clean as You Want
When you lived with your parents, being messy was NOT an option! If you didn’t keep your room clean or dirtied up any common areas of your parents’ house, there was definitely consequences in store for you if you left it a mess… with your own apartment, you don’t have to worry about that.
A lot of the times, we’re not sloppy humans, we just have the freedom to clean and tidy on our own time, and there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of that, especially while you’re single! Now, once you get to a point where you’re ready to move in with your significant other, you might have to get rid of those lazy tendencies for your partner, especially if they’re the type who likes to keep things clean and tidy.
Come and Go as You Please
When you get your own place, curfews go out the window, and there are no questions asked when you’ve been gone all day! The person you’re dating and living with might have a small problem with this. Every time you head towards the door to leave, they’re going to want to know where you’re going… that’s the least of your concerns when you live by yourself. I’m not saying that living with your significant other is terrible, I’m just saying that living by yourself while being single isn’t terrible either.
Temperature is at Your Discretion
How many times have you been in a room and have been extremely hot or extremely cold? I think everyone has, but when you’re miserable like that, it can put you in a bad mood. No one is comfortable sitting in a room where you’re either freezing or burning up, so when it comes to your significant other, make sure they like the same type of temperature as you!
Again, this might sound like a minor problem with your significant other, but after living in a space where you can keep it as warm or as cool as you want, trying to please someone else’s temperature preferences can become an issue, especially when each other’s preferences are literally and figuratively, polar opposites.
You Can Be Selfish Without the Guilt
Being single and living by yourself allows you to get out all of your selfish tendencies without being guilted for it! You can cook or order takeout and eat it all by yourself without having to share with someone. We’re told in grade school, and even as toddlers, that sharing is caring, and for the most part, it is and we grasp that concept pretty well, but if you have the opportunity to have the bed to yourself, control of the television, and eat ice cream out of the carton, you’ll really appreciate your space, before sharing it with your significant other!
By Olivia Sarkar
Comforting Christmas cocktails help you enjoy the celebrations and get into the festive spirit. The Leela Palaces, Hotels, and Resorts offer distinctive cocktails ranging from Hot Toddies to Decadent Egg Nogs. Sit back and enjoy one martini at a time to make the festive season a little brighter.
Dirty Chai Eggnog:
30 ml Bourbon
30 ml Baileys
90 ml Hot milk tea
Sweet cream foam to top up
Cinnamon powder and star anise.
1. In a heavy bottomed med sauce pot, prepare tea with milk. Strain and let it cool.
2. In a cocktail shaker add egg white, Bourbon, Baileys with whole spices. Shake well.
3. Pour the tea in the glass followed by ingredients from cocktail shaker.
4. Garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon powder, whole star anise
Eggnog is a Christmas favourite that is accustomed to toasts for good health and prosperity.| Pikist
Inspired by the Christmas Spirits and holiday flavours is a wonderful concoction of warm whisky, sweet vanilla, and thick butter.
45 ml Butter fat washed Whiskey
20 ml Ginger bread syrup
15 ml Spiced Apple liquor
2 dashes of Bitters
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1. Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker
2. Shake well
3. Pour into an old-fashioned glass
4. Garnish with Gingerbread cookie
Inspired by the Christmas Spirits and holiday flavors is a wonderful concoction of warm whisky, sweet vanilla, and thick butter. | Flickr
(Keywords: Santa's Apple, Egg Nogs, December, Cocktail, Cocktail, Christmas, holiday, celebrations)
Probiotics may significantly improve the symptoms of pregnancy-related nausea, vomiting and constipation, finds a new study.
The study, published in the journal Nutrients, showed that nausea hours (the number of hours participants felt nauseous) were reduced by 16 per cent, and the number of times they vomited was reduced by 33 per cent.
Follow NewsGram on LinkedIn to know what's happening around the world.
Probiotic intake also significantly improved symptoms related to the quality of life, such as fatigue, poor appetite and difficulty maintaining normal social activities, as scored by questionnaires.
"The cause of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy is unknown to this date. Various theories have been proposed, but none of them is conclusive," said lead author Albert T. Liu from the University of California, Davis.
Also Read : Changes in the Skin during Pregnancy
"Nausea, vomiting and constipation during pregnancy can significantly diminish the quality of patients' lives. Once nausea and vomiting during pregnancy progress, they can become difficult to control, and sometimes the patient even needs to be hospitalized," Liu added.
For the study, the team involved a small yet significant number of participants who took a probiotic capsule twice a day for six days and then took two days off. They then repeated the cycle.
The team found that probiotics were also found to reduce constipation significantly.Unsplash
The probiotics were available over-the-counter and mainly contained Lactobacillus., a type of good bacteria. Each capsule contained approximately 10 billion live cultures at the time of manufacture.
Participants kept 17 daily observations of their symptoms during the duration of the study, for a total of 535 observations for the researchers to statistically assess.
The team found that probiotics were also found to reduce constipation significantly.
Another finding was that vitamin E levels increased after taking probiotics. Higher levels of vitamin E were associated with low vomiting scores. (IANS/SP)
(Keywords : probiotics, pregnancy, nausea, vomiting, nutrients, symptoms, fatigue, appetite, constipation, vitamin.)
- Impaired Liver Function During Pregnancy Leads To Obese Kids ... ›
- Smoking during pregnancy can harm baby's brain - NewsGram ... ›
By Olivia Sarkar
If the year 2020 appeared bleak for the world, the year 2021 served as a frightening reminder that it wasn't so much about the year as it was about the times we've come to live in. Every domain and industry has experienced seismic shifts, both for the better and for the bad. However, just a few fields have seen such a huge paradigm shift as online dating throughout the course of 2021.
It becomes critical to document and analyse the important observations in the year 2021's dating trends in order to determine where online dating stands and where it is headed. This is where a poll conducted by one of India's popular dating apps, QuackQuack, comes in handy. "The pandemic has undoubtedly thrown a few curveballs towards folks wanting to date," remarked Mr. Ravi Mittal, Founder and CEO of QuackQuack, in response to the survey report. Males and females, in my opinion, are fast coming to terms with a new universe of online dating every day, adopting more self-paced and healthier forms of dating, a growing process that will soon become the standard."
The key takeaways from the survey can be best summarized as below:
- Vaccination is a must: An overwhelming 8 out of 10 persons in the survey's sample size expressed support for mandatory vaccination as a prerequisite to a date. A considerable 65 per cent and 75 per cent of people in the 18-20 and 21-30 age categories, respectively, agreed on the same thing. The need of a double jab was consistently emphasized across the country's top cities and tier 2 cities, with 75 per cent and 70 per cent of the sample size in each believing that the first step toward a safe date would have to be complete immunization of the other.
An overwhelming 8 out of 10 persons in the survey's sample size expressed support for mandatory vaccination as a prerequisite to a date. | Photo by CDC on Unsplash
- Dating with a purpose: The poll revealed that, because of the Covid procedures in place, people have had little motivation to walk outside, leading them to think on the nature of the dates they've discovered on the dating app rather than searching for matches in a desperate manner. The survey found that 47 per cent of women and 35 per cent of men agreed with this behavioral change, and that the act of reflection and introspection allowed them to have healthier relationships than before.
The difference in deliberate dating trends between people who live in cities and those who live in rural or semi-urban settings was quite similar. While roughly 37 per cent of urban teenagers believed their dating experience had taken an intentional turn, 39 per cent of rural or semi-urban teenagers felt the same way.
The difference in deliberate dating trends between people who live in cities and those who live in rural or semi-urban settings was quite similar. | Photo by René Ranisch on Unsplash
- Location is pivotal: According to the survey, a whopping 58 per cent and 56 per cent of people between the ages of 18 and 20 and 21 and 30 preferred hooking up with someone from a different place to broaden their search for a potential spouse. This trend proved to be more prevalent among women, as 58 per cent of them were comfortable dating partners from foreign countries, compared to only 50 per cent of men. Further study into a demographic analysis of the sampled data found that 46 per cent of those living in major metro cities preferred dating outside of their home location, while 57 per cent of those living in smaller cities and towns favored the same.
According to the survey, a whopping 58 per cent and 56 per cent of people between the ages of 18 and 20 and 21 and 30 preferred hooking up with someone from a different place to broaden their search for a potential spouse. | Pixabay
- Video calling versus meeting in person: Due to the ongoing Covid problem across the country, a large majority of 56 per cent of 18 to 20-year-olds preferred having their first date on a virtual medium and were risk-averse, according to the survey. On the other hand, 43 per cent of persons aged 30 and up, who adhere to a more traditional approach, decided to meet in person while taking all essential safety steps.
43 per cent of persons aged 30 and up, who adhere to a more traditional approach, decided to meet in person while taking all essential safety steps. | Photo by Matt W Newman on Unsplash
According to the survey, a vast majority of 56 per cent of 18 to 20-year-olds preferred having their first date on a virtual medium and were risk-averse due to the ongoing Covid crisis across the country. In contrast, 43 per cent of people aged 30 and up who prefer a more traditional approach preferred to meet in person while following all necessary safety precautions according to the survey. (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: meeting, Video calling, Location, Vaccination, dating trends, 2021, Online Dating)