Oct 07, 2017: Practicing ‘Anuloma Vilom’ or Nadi shodhan pranayam daily for twenty minutes is said to cleanse 72,000 blood vessels of the human body and three main nadis in our body, namely- Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna.
How to practice Anuloma Vilom?
- Sit in a meditative posture
- Keep your back and neck straight
- Close your eyes
- Bring your right hand and keep it on the nostrils
Anuloma Vilom mudra:
- Keep the index and middle fingers straight and close the right nostril with the thumb
- Place the index and middle fingers in the middle of the forehead, at the Anja chakra, exhale air through the left nostril
- Now, inhale through the left nostril as much air as you can
- Close your left nostril with the ring finger and small finger breathe out the air through your right nostril
- Breathe in through your right nostril and exhale through your left nostril
This completes one cycle of Naadishodhana Pranayam
Benefits of Anuloma Vilom:
- Blood vessels and veins are cleansed
- Body energy starts flowing upwards
- Beneficial for arthritis, varicose veins, flatulence problems, acidity, sinusitis, and migraine.
- Develops positive thinking
- Overcomes anger and anxiety problems
- Blood pressure, insomnia, and migraine gets controlled
- Increases confidence level
Prepared by Naina Mishra of Newsgram. Twitter @Nainamishr94