Saturday January 20, 2018
Home India Father of Ter...

Father of Terrorist Burhan Wani meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar at his Ashram in Bengaluru

Over 70 people have died in clashes with security forces in Kashmir Valley since Wani's death

0
//
289
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. Image source: Wikimedia Commons
Republish
Reprint

Bengaluru, August 28, 2016: The father of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani whose death on July 8 sparked off the current violent unrest in Kashmir Valley has met spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar at his ashram in Bengaluru.

The spiritual guru, the founder of the Art of Living, on Saturday, tweeted a photo of himself with Wani’s father, Muzaffar Wani.

Follow NewsGram on Twitter

“Muzaffar Wani, the father of Burhan Wani was in the ashram for the last 2 days. We discussed several issues,” Ravi Shankar tweeted.

The news of the meeting was also retweeted by the Art of Living foundation.

Burhan Wani, 22, educated and media savvy, had emerged as the poster boy of terrorism. He was killed in a gunfight with security forces on July 8 in the Kokernag area of south Kashmir.

Follow NewsGram on Facebook

News of his death sparked massive protests across Kashmir, with thousands coming to attend his funeral.

Over 70 people have died in clashes with security forces in Kashmir Valley since Wani’s death. (IANS)

ALSO READ:

 

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Sunny Leone will not be attending the New Year bash in Bengaluru

Sunny Leone has made a statement of not attending the New Year bash in Bengaluru as the police publicly said they would be providing any security to the actress and the people attending the bash

0
//
10
Sunny Leone will not be attending the New Year bash in Bengaluru
Sunny Leone will not be attending the New Year bash in Bengaluru. IANS
  • Famous celebrity Sunny Leone refuses to attend the New Year bash in Bengaluru
  • Sunny Leone was going to perform at Manyata Tech Park in the city suburbs
  • Bengaluru Police Commissioner T. Suneel Kumar denied permission for a New Year bash

Bengaluru, Dec 19,2017: Actress Sunny Leone on Tuesday said that she will not attend the New Year bash in the city after the police denied permission to the organisers.

“Since the police of Bengaluru have publicly said that they will not be able to ensure mine, and all who attend, safety for my New Years event, my team and I feel, safety of the people should always come first. Therefore, I cannot attend. God bless and I wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year,” Sunny tweeted.

Earlier on Saturday Bengaluru Police Commissioner T. Suneel Kumar denied permission for a New Year bash in the city where Sunny was invited to perform.

“We are denying permission for Sunny Leone’s musical show on December 31 night to maintain law and order and prevent any untoward incident in the city,” Kumar told reporters here.

Sunny was supposed to perform at the Manyata Tech Park in the city suburbs. However, the city police chief said it would not be possible to provide enough security at the venue as the entire force would be on duty across the city on that night.

“In view of a directive from the Karnataka High Court on Friday to ensure peaceful New Year celebrations and prevent untoward incidents in the city, we will not be able to deploy enough force at one place at the risk of other areas,” he said. (IANS)