When we hear a body organ, we imagine the brain, kidney, or heart. However, body organs are not about internal organs alone. Skin, an organ that we wear outside, performs a variety of functions. Skin is the protective barrier against harmful elements. A fast-paced, busy life, faulty lifestyle habits, and pollution can ruin your skin.
Most people living in metros have skin problems. Delhi is one of the most polluted cities in India. For severe issues like psoriasis or rosacea, you can consult a dermatologist. Fortunately, online doctor consultation is available, which is crucial, especially during the pandemic.
Follow NewsGram on Instagram to keep yourself updated.
More often than not, our skin problems can be addressed with home remedies. A good skincare routine begins with cleansing, moisturizing, toning, and exfoliating. Do not forget your sunscreen before exposing your skin to sunlight. Most of the things you need for good skin are available right in your kitchen. We give you the best home remedies for all your skin problems, as recommended by a dermatologist in Delhi.
2. Moisturizer: Dry skin is one of the most annoying skin conditions due to the itching and scaling it causes. If left untreated, dry skin can turn into dermatitis. Many factors cause dry skin like advancing age, dehydration, harsh soaps, dry weather, or any other medical condition. It is therefore vital to moisturize your skin. Most commercial moisturizers contain harsh chemicals. What is the solution?
It is vital to moisturize your skin. Pixabay
Olive oil can be used on its own or in combination with other items to moisturize your skin.
Olive oil can be used on its own or in combination with other items to moisturize your skin. Pixabay
3. Toning: Skin toner can reduce pores' appearance, soothe the skin, and keep your skin fresh and glowing. Most toners available commercially contain alcohol and harsh chemicals. A homemade toner can work well without the harmful side effects of the store-bought one.
4. Exfoliation: Exfoliation is the process of removing dead cells on the skin surface to reveal fresh, glowing skin underneath. As we age, the process of destroying dead skin cells and regenerating new cells slows down. As dead cells pile up, skin becomes rough and dull. Here is a home remedy for exfoliation:
If your skin does not respond to exfoliation treatment at home, stop treating on your own and consult a dermatologist in Delhi.
Acne is one of the most common skin problems. Pixabay
5. Acne: Acne is one of the most common skin problems. There are many remedies for acne.
6. Blackheads: When clogged pores get exposed to the air, blackheads are formed.
7. Whiteheads: When dead skin cells, oil, and dirt clog your skin pores, it results in whiteheads. As the pores enclose whiteheads, it isn't easy to push them out.
Onions help regenerate damaged skin and are work to eliminate scars. Pixabay
8. Scars: Onions help regenerate damaged skin and are work to eliminate scars. Make onion extract by chopping onions fine and mixing with a bit of salt. Boil this mixture in a little water and blanch by dipping in cold water. After it cools, blend for a few seconds and strain. Apply this mixture with a moisturizer if your skin is sensitive. Use it once a day. You may be able to see results within six weeks of this treatment. If your scars are severe, you may want to do an online doctor consultation to get expert help.
9. Pigmentation: When you see uneven patches in your skin, you know you have pigmentation.
Takeaways: Try out these home remedies. But take care and be gentle with your skin. If the treatments don't work or show even slight skin irritation, stop it and consult a dermatologist.
(Disclaimer: The article is sponsored and hence promotes some commercial links.)