Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
When we hear a body organ, we imagine the brain, kidney, or heart. However, body organs are not about internal organs alone. Skin, an organ that we wear outside, performs a variety of functions. Skin is the protective barrier against harmful elements. A fast-paced, busy life, faulty lifestyle habits, and pollution can ruin your skin.
Most people living in metros have skin problems. Delhi is one of the most polluted cities in India. For severe issues like psoriasis or rosacea, you can consult a dermatologist. Fortunately, online doctor consultation is available, which is crucial, especially during the pandemic.
Follow NewsGram on Instagram to keep yourself updated.
More often than not, our skin problems can be addressed with home remedies. A good skincare routine begins with cleansing, moisturizing, toning, and exfoliating. Do not forget your sunscreen before exposing your skin to sunlight. Most of the things you need for good skin are available right in your kitchen. We give you the best home remedies for all your skin problems, as recommended by a dermatologist in Delhi.
- Cleanser: Cleansing your skin is the foundation of your skincare regime.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is the best natural skin cleanser. The lactic acid in yogurt rids your skin of dead cells while the protein tightens the skin. It is essential to put in as much effort to remove your makeup as you put it on. Yogurt is a good makeup remover.
- How to use yogurt: Apply a thin layer of yogurt to your face. Leave it on for two minutes and then wash with warm water.
2. Moisturizer: Dry skin is one of the most annoying skin conditions due to the itching and scaling it causes. If left untreated, dry skin can turn into dermatitis. Many factors cause dry skin like advancing age, dehydration, harsh soaps, dry weather, or any other medical condition. It is therefore vital to moisturize your skin. Most commercial moisturizers contain harsh chemicals. What is the solution?
- Olive oil is an effective moisturizer for dry skin. The vitamin E and natural fats in olive oil moisturize the skin. It also forms a protective layer on the skin surface and thus seals the moisture inside the skin cells. It smoothes out the rough and coarse dry skin.
- How to use olive oil?
Olive oil can be used on its own or in combination with other items to moisturize your skin.
- Take 1 tbsp olive oil in a bowl. Massage gently on dry skin for about 3 to 5 minutes. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- For dehydrated skin, try this pack of olive oil and egg yolk. In a bowl, whisk two egg yolks with a fork. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the whisked egg yolk. Apply this mixture all over the dry skin. Leave it on for ten minutes. After ten minutes, bathe with a mild soap.
3. Toning: Skin toner can reduce pores’ appearance, soothe the skin, and keep your skin fresh and glowing. Most toners available commercially contain alcohol and harsh chemicals. A homemade toner can work well without the harmful side effects of the store-bought one.
- Cucumber: Take 1/3rd of fresh cucumber and chop it into small pieces. Add a cup of water to it and boil it for about five minutes. After the mixture cools down, blend it. Filter the blended mixture with a sieve. Apply the filtered juice to your face with the help of a cotton pad.
4. Exfoliation: Exfoliation is the process of removing dead cells on the skin surface to reveal fresh, glowing skin underneath. As we age, the process of destroying dead skin cells and regenerating new cells slows down. As dead cells pile up, skin becomes rough and dull. Here is a home remedy for exfoliation:
- Oatmeal and honey scrub: Blend 2 tbsp oatmeal to a smooth powder. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add 1 tbsp honey and mix well. Apply this mixture all over your face and neck. Let it stay for 3 to 5 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Caution: Don’t exfoliate more than twice a week as too much exfoliation can irritate the skin.
If your skin does not respond to exfoliation treatment at home, stop treating on your own and consult a dermatologist in Delhi.
5. Acne: Acne is one of the most common skin problems. There are many remedies for acne.
- Apple cider vinegar: Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with four parts water. Dip cotton wool in it and pat gently over the acne. After half a minute, rinse off with cold water. Repeat the process twice a day. The acids in the apple cider vinegar kill bacteria that cause acne.
6. Blackheads: When clogged pores get exposed to the air, blackheads are formed.
- Baking soda: Make a paste of 1 tbsp baking soda and water. Apply the mixture on blackheads. Wash your face after half an hour. Repeat two or three times a week.
7. Whiteheads: When dead skin cells, oil, and dirt clog your skin pores, it results in whiteheads. As the pores enclose whiteheads, it isn’t easy to push them out.
- Aloe vera gel is effective in eliminating whiteheads. Apply aloe vera gel on whiteheads and leave it on for fifteen minutes. After 15 minutes, rinse with water.
8. Scars: Onions help regenerate damaged skin and are work to eliminate scars. Make onion extract by chopping onions fine and mixing with a bit of salt. Boil this mixture in a little water and blanch by dipping in cold water. After it cools, blend for a few seconds and strain. Apply this mixture with a moisturizer if your skin is sensitive. Use it once a day. You may be able to see results within six weeks of this treatment. If your scars are severe, you may want to do an online doctor consultation to get expert help.
9. Pigmentation: When you see uneven patches in your skin, you know you have pigmentation.
- Cut a raw potato into slices. Apply water on the pieces and rub gently on your skin. Rinse with warm water. Do this treatment twice a week for two months to see results.
Takeaways: Try out these home remedies. But take care and be gentle with your skin. If the treatments don’t work or show even slight skin irritation, stop it and consult a dermatologist.
(Disclaimer: The article is sponsored and hence promotes some commercial links.)
Heinz has just rolled out a new product that the condiment company says is the "biggest innovation in sauce since the packet itself." Earlier this month, the world's largest producer of ketchup announced the Packet Roller, a ketchup bottle-shaped gadget that allows users to squeeze the most out of a condiment packet, CNN reported.
"Do not click 'purchase' unless you are prepared to change everything about the way you sauce," the Heinz Packet Roller website says. The roller goes for $5.70. The roller is pocket-sized, can be added to a keychain, and features a packet corner cutter.
Heinz has just rolled out a new product that the condiment company says is the "biggest innovation in sauce since the packet itself | Flickr
This announcement could be part of the fast-tracked, "future-focused culinary and packaging innovations" that Steve Cornell, president of Kraft Heinz's US grocery business unit, hinted at earlier this year amid a shortage of ketchup. A surge in takeout and delivery food orders during the pandemic led to a scarcity of ketchup packets, the report said.
In April, Heinz pledged to increase production of ketchup by 25 per cent to 12 billion packets annually. "Gone are the days of fumbling with ketchup packets, pants ruined by mustard disasters, and minutes taken off your life trying to get to the bottom of that mayo packet. With the patent-pending Heinz Packet Roller, what was once taxing becomes simple -- just snip and roll to squeeze out every drop of your sauce of choice," the website says
Keywords: Heinz, Packet roller, sauce, company, ketchup
Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer, who is recovering from a right-knee surgery he underwent last month, said on Sunday that it was a difficult process to decide whether to undergo a third right-knee surgery after having two last year. But following Wimbledon, where he was "really unhappy" with his performance in reaching the quarterfinals, Federer opted to go through with it.
Federer, who made a late decision to attend this year's Laver Cup in Boston -- a tournament held between teams from Europe and the rest of the world -- said on the sidelines of the event that the recovery and rehabilitation are "going to take me a few more months and then we'll see how things are at some point next year". "The reception I've received, everybody is so upbeat that I'm here. They wish me all the best and they don't even see the crutches. They just want me to be good again and enjoy the weekend," Federer said in an interview for the event with former world No. 1 Jim Courier.
"I've seen some incredible tennis, some great matches and it's been wonderful. I'm really happy I made the trip," the winner of 20 majors was quoted as saying by atptour.com. On why he opted for a third surgery, the tennis ace said, "I was just nowhere near where I wanted to be to play at the top, top level. But I tried my best and at the end... too much is too much. Now I've just got to take it step by step," Federer said.
Federer received thunderous ovations inside Boston's TD Garden, where he has often been sitting in the front row watching the action or behind the scenes visiting with the players. | Wikimedia Commons
"I've got to first walk again properly, run properly and then do the sidesteps and all the agility work and then eventually I've got to be back on the tennis court. But it's going to take me a few more months and then we'll see how things are at some point next year. "I've got to take my time. I don't want to rush into anything at this point. This is also for my life. I want to make sure I can do everything I want to do later on. There's no rush with anything, so I'm actually in a really good place. I think the worst is behind me. I took the time and, I don't know, I'm just really in a good place. I'm really happy."
Federer received thunderous ovations inside Boston's TD Garden, where he has often been sitting in the front row watching the action or behind the scenes visiting with the players. The former world No. 1 has played in the first three editions of the Laver Cup. "I think Boston is a great city. The stadium is wonderful, the crowds have been incredible. Both teams are stacked with absolute quality and top players," Federer said. "That's what the idea was behind it: that everybody could come together, have the most incredible weekend, learn from one another and then hopefully that's going to inspire them, motivate them and get them going for the rest of this year, next year." (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: Roger Federer, tennish, player, sports, knee, surgery
By Hitesh Rathi
Cleopatra, was regarded as a great beauty, to preserve her skin, she took her daily bath in donkey milk. Besides, Hippocrates, the father of medicine, prescribed donkey milk for various diseases including fever, wounds, etc. To add to these benefits, donkey milk has four times the amount of Vitamin C than cow's milk has. So, it's no secret that donkey milk is a powerhouse of nutrients for both the skin and body.
Used for Anti-Ageing and Healing
The milk contains essential fatty acids that work as powerful anti-ageing and healing properties. These fatty acids blur the wrinkles on the skin and help to regenerate damaged skin. Plus, donkey milk also contains anti-bacterial properties which are effective in healing skin irritation and redness.
The milk contains essential fatty acids that work as powerful anti-ageing and healing properties.| Flickr
Antioxidant and Nutrient-Rich
Known as a "natural elixir of youth", donkey milk is packed with antioxidants and nutrients. It contains vitamin E, amino acids, vitamins A, B1, B6, C, E, Omega 3, and 6. These properties together make it a rich ingredient when it comes to skin treatment. Moreover, vitamin D is another important ingredient for human skin, and the primary source to get it is through UV exposure. At the same time, too much of that leaves an adverse effect on the skin. Here is when donkey milk acts as a great substitute as it naturally contains vitamin D. All in all, if this milk is applied frequently, it brings a glowing effect while making the skin look brighter.
Known as a "natural elixir of youth", donkey milk is packed with antioxidants and nutrients.| Photo by Jernej Graj on Unsplash
Moisturizer and Softener
By now it's a well-known fact that this milk works as a powerful moisturizer for the skin. Besides, if donkey milk is used consistently, it acts as a great cleanser as well as helps in keeping the skin healthy, hydrated, and soft.
If donkey milk is used consistently, it acts as a great cleanser as well as helps in keeping the skin healthy, hydrated, and soft. | Photo by febri sym on Unsplash
Therefore, donkey milk with its healing, nutritional and rejuvenating properties for the skin is rapidly emerging as a key ingredient for skincare. These are also driving several leading players to roll out personal care products such as soap, cream, etc. manufactured using donkey milk. Moreover, the global donkey milk market is expanding rapidly with the market value projected to reach $68,139.0 thousand by 2027, registering a CAGR of 9.4 per cent from 2021 to 2027. And the growing use of donkey milk as an ingredient in cosmetic and personal care products will significantly contribute toward the growth of this market in the years to come. (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: Skin, donkey milk, skincare, anti-ageing, soft skin, hydrate, antioxidant, healing